Chris Wright Entertainment Reviews

61 Reviews for Chris Wright Entertainment

1 User photo

Chris Wright Entertainment 1

Savannah · Married on 10/31/2018

Chris was everything I could ever want in a DJ! He has the friendliest attitude, supports you through the whole process, and remains incredibly professional. I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted, but Chris coached me through it. His performance elevated the night beyond any possible expectation. My guests are still telling me how much fun they had dancing at the wedding. It was very clear that he has been doing this for 20 years. I could not have hired a better DJ, even if I looked for years!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Miah · Married on 10/07/2017

Chris was such a delight from the moment we started. We had a lot of ideas for our wedding ceremony, but struggled with our reception, Chris was able to give us so much feedback and advice! He worked well with our needs and understood our expectations. And he was beyond reasonable for our budget. He was such a gentleman also, at our event he improvised when we needed him to, communicated so well with us, and was very kind to our guests. The music selection was fun and catered to our older crowd as well as our younger crowd, it was a perfect mix. He has a fun, but professional attitude which was perfect because he didnt play any cheesy games, but a nice fun but not tacky game to give away our center pieces! My husband and I talk about how wonderful our day was and i gotta tell you that Chris was such a huge part of making that happen!

Thank you Chris, you are a gem!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Chris Wright Entertainment 2

Lizzy · Married on 02/27/2016

These guys were awesome! Always on their feet getting everyone involved. One of the best choices we made!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Don was great. Very personable - engaged our guests to feel part of the party. We had an older crowd so it was tough to get them on the floor - but he managed to do it. We had a wonderful time.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Christopher · Married on 06/21/2014

Chris Wright was the DJ for our recent wedding and it honestly couldn’t have turned out any better. The DJ was an important choice for us: the photographers capture the emotion, but the DJ really frames the night and drives the experience. Because he had to know us to do this well, we spent a lot of time getting to know each other. Knowing that we were a two hour drive, he e-mailed, skyped, and spoke with us on the phone instead of requiring that we drive to Albany. When the date got closer, he met us to go over all of the details, but he worked around our schedule.
    Ceremony: Chris was professional and prepared. He worked with our wedding day coordinator, museum coordinator, and catering director to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. For the pre-ceremony, we trusted his judgment as to what to what to play for our entering guests. For the ceremony, we knew what songs we wanted to play, but he also asked us lots of questions and gave his opinion where he thought that there could be an improvement. He was helpful, but not pushy.
    Reception: We gave Chris a list of songs that we wanted to hear throughout the evening. We also told him he was free to insert additional songs that he thought would be good or would work well for the crowd. We also gave him three different songs that we wanted the wedding party to be introduced to (parents, friends, then us). He not only did this without a problem, but he gave personalized introductions that we requested for each member of the wedding party. After the introductions, he got everyone out of their seats and dancing before dinner. He was willing to work on our time-table - doing parent dances, couples dances, cake cutting etc... around our timeline. Once the formalities were over, the party really began - and I mean party! The entire night, people were out of their seats and dancing and many guests said "this is the best wedding I've ever been to." We would enthusiastically recommend Chris!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Daniella · Married on 09/21/2013

There are not words to convey the effect DJ Chris Wright had on my wedding -- without him, it would never have been as fun and successful! He provided incredible uplighting, professional DJing, and AMAZING MUSIC. To say he "got us" would be an understatement -- he played an under-the-radar song my husband has been in love with for years because he know we'd be into it. He was right.

Even though we were riskier in our choice of music, he had everyone, no matter their age, dancing the whole night -- which is all we asked of him! My wedding was fun and perfect and he played a huge part in that.

Chris was also incredibly available by phone and e-mail, which was important to me as an out-of-town bride. If you want a fun, effortless wedding, this is the DJ you should book!

A last note about how kind Chris was: a friend of mine is recently engaged but getting married in another part of the country, and Chris stayed around after the wedding to talk to him about how to choose a great dj. Class act.

Sent on 02/09/2014

Chris was very professional and well-prepared in all phases of the planning process. He went out of his way to meet with us and discuss our scenario, when other DJs in the area were unprofessional, took an unduly-confident attitude, and acted inconvenienced in simple initial phone calls. (FYI – some DJs get offended if they know you're shopping around!). Chris didn't play like that! He listened and gave us what we wanted - respect and a SUPER fun reception.

His experience was evident in his ability to set the mood at different parts of the reception and get non-drunk people dancing.

He offered us freedom of choice in how we wanted the music and flow to be, offered an online planner, and even listened to my request to change our intro music just several hours pre-reception.

I'm one who never gives 5-star ratings to anyone, but Chris did so much for us and never slacked. I asked for a special dance song to be played that my wife and I would dance to, but it wasn't played. Not the end of the world, and I can't even justify giving him a lower rating for that small blip because he more than made up for it with a fun game that our audience was very engaged with. To top it off, he stayed an extra half hour after we decided to extend the reception, without complaint. Like I said, I really liked Chris and his professionalism, prompt response times (text, call, email) and flexibility, and hard work at his craft. He was detailed right down to the suit he wore.

He is quality and the proof is in the outcome - everyone commented on how much fun the reception was. I'm one of those guys who doesn't dance much and didn't think a wedding reception could be that fun, but it was awesome and I'm thankful we took the time to find Chris. Our reception was (without bias) the best I've been to.

Chris deserves your business. You deserve a party as fun as ours was. Thanks Chris! Stay in touch buddy!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Patricia · event on 04/11/2013

Chris did an outstanding job for our conference event .He "read" our group and motivated them to dance and dance and dance. ......
    Definitely wil hire him for our conference next year!
    Great job Chris!

Sent on 05/17/2013

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Patricia! Looking forward to next year.

Joe · Married on 01/13/2013

The best there is. Most diverse music selection I've ever heard! Perfect start to finish.

Sent on 01/16/2013

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Joe! Congrats and best wishes to you both!

Marianne · event on 11/24/2012

Dj Suzie is so amazing and vibrantly brings any party to life. Suzie was extremely accomodating, motivating, and flexible. If you want a party with tons of fun, well priced, and a DJ that is very reliable then DJ Suzie is your person... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DJ SUZIE.... GREAT JOB !!!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Carol · event on 11/03/2012

Suzy has a great personality, is energetic, enthusiastic and extremely accommodating especially since we had to change the party date. All requested music was provided, equipment state of the art and requests honored. Everyone had a blast.

Sent on 11/12/2012

barry · Married on 11/02/2012

Chris Wright was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding. We booked him about a year in advance just to make sure he was available for our day, because we heard good things about him through friends. Our caterer also said good words about him, so we were happy to lock him in for our day. We communicated with him over the course of the year, and he was always very quick to respond to our questions. He was very professional, was helpful in providing us with recommendations, and was very friendly and easy to speak with. Despite the day of our wedding feeling a little hectic and crazy due to hurricane Sandy hitting the northeast just a couple days before our wedding, Chris put us both at ease and the evening went off without a hitch! Thank you so much for helping make our day memorable and fun! We certainly will recommend you to any of our friends getting married in the area.
    Sincerely,
    Sheila and Shane

Sent on 11/18/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

thank you so much for the kind words. i wish you all the best.

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2012

Chris is an OUTSTANDING DJ!!!! We would highly highly recommend doing business with him. Chris is professional, personable and will do everything in his power to make sure your wedding/event is a blast!

THANK YOU, CHRIS!!!!!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

thank you so much for the kind words. And I truly meant what I said. That was the EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!

Donna · event on 10/26/2012

A great dj. Connected with the kids and kept the party moving. Did pre-planning with my daughter which helped make the party a huge success. I would highly recommend her for any function. Lots.of energy.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Erik · Married on 10/20/2012

Discovery DJs of New York is the best!!!!!!

Chris Wright was incredible; he kept the dance floor packed and pumping with the best songs. Courtnie and I were dancing the night away, and Courtnie did not stop till the venue closed at 1:00 a.m.. Everyone enjoyed the musical sectionals and the awesome vibe Chris pushed out to the crowd. People are still calling us, in order to remark on how much fun the wedding was and how impressed they were with the DJ/Chris. We could not have made a better choice; Chris was great!!!! Chris truly made this a memorable night for us!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again

Erik and Courtnie

Sent on 11/06/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Awesome Erik!!! I can't wait to post your review on facebook. Thank you. And for so many reasons, you guys will be considered friends for life.

David · Married on 10/06/2012

Not enough can be said about Chris as an entertainer and business man. Any questions we had were answered nearly immediately (even on weekends), he was flexible in where he could meet with us and he did the dirty work so we had more time to focus on all other areas of the wedding. From the first meeting, we had no doubt that Chris is competent and reliable and we trusted his judgment - He knows best practices and knows how to keep the night moving. His website is easy to use, his database is completely up to date and he does what he says he's going to do! It was no coincidence that his attire matched the wedding colors - Chris comes prepared! As for music and entertainment, Chris gets it! He had the dance floor packed the entire night - All of our guests, all ages!! He was having as much fun as we were while remaining extremely professional. We received so many compliments on Chris from our guests and we are so happy to have worked with him!! Chris, thank you again for all of your help. Music is a huge part of the wedding reception and you nailed it!! Rock on!! Dave and Laura Witbeck

Sent on 10/14/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much David! That was indeed a fun wedding reception. It was so awesome to collaborate ideas and make a perfect night!

Kim & Robert · Married on 10/06/2012

Suzy Garcia was a great DJ! She was thorough, attentive, and very helpful! From the beginning, she stayed in touch with us regarding our musical needs and desires. At the event, she helped coordinate everything from introductions to cake cutting. She also kept a keen eye on the crowd and played songs that kept everyone on the dance floor happy. Suzy was prompt, accommodating, and very professional from start to finish. Overall, she was extremely affordable and a lot of fun!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Chris made sure everything was perfect! We were so very pleased with everything.

Sent on 10/01/2012

I would absolutely recommend Discovery DJs of New York for your wedding or special event. Chris helped us through the entire planning process and he is an absolute professional and it was an enjoyable experience to plan with him. Suzy deejayed the event and she joined us in the final meeting. She is the nicest person I think Ive ever met. She was so sweet and was really easy to get a hold of. I really enjoyed her throughout the entire event. She was able to judge the crowd and if requests were coming in for music I hadn't specified she was really good about checking in with me to ensure my vision and all my guests tastes were met. She also provided the sound for the ceremony and rented uplighting from Discovery DJs and both were BEAUTIFUL! Thanks again for the wonderful experience and great service. Pleasure doing business with you!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Kate · Married on 09/22/2012

I really can't say enough about how much my husband and I appreciated Chris as our wedding DJ. Everything we requested of him he met and/or exceeded. For example, we asked him to play current music, old skool hip hop, music for my parents and their friends, and salsa/merange for my husbands family, and Chris was able to blend all of those different genres smoothly -- he kept the crowd up and dancing the whole night. So, he's a great DJ, but he's also a really nice person. This wedding planning stressed me out, but Chris never did. No matter how we interacted, wether through Facebook or phone calls, Chris was fun, professional, attentive and really kind. He always made me feel better, and assured me that my many requests were not crazy (but I'm pretty sure he was just being kind -- because I know I kind of hit the crazy button towards the end.) To sum up: he's fantastic!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Kate, thank you so much for the kind review. I had as much fun as you guys had entertaining you. You had a great crowd that was eager to have fun. That makes it a little easier for the DJ. As for you being difficult, you weren't difficult at all! I pride myself in being able to understand what my customer wants and accommodate them. thank you again. I wish you all the success you desire.

Brittney · Married on 09/15/2012

Chris was absolutely amazing from the moment we met him. He was very responsive to emails and phone calls. He was very flexible when we had to change our venue. He took the time to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted and guided us when we were unsure. I asked him to choose the ceremony music and he did not disappoint. The reception was great. He played what we wanted and chose music by reading the crowd. He worked well with our other vendors. Chris, thank you for being a part of our special day and helping to make it perfect!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Brittney, thank you so much. I had a lot of fun with you, Nicholas and your family and friends, especially Leonel, he was funny. I look forward to my Gershon Pastrami and Swiss. I'll see you on Facebook and around town! Good luck!

Evan · Married on 09/14/2012

Suzy was very accommodating. She would answer anytime and was very helpful throughout the entire planning process.

Sent on 09/17/2012

amber · Married on 09/03/2012

My husband and I were so pleased with Chris Wright. We knew from our first meeting that he was the DJ for us. He is extremely knowledgable in everything weddings! After our meeting with Chris, we knew the hunt was over and didn't meet with any others. Chris is like a DJ and a wedding planner wrapped into one, and he has so many contacts all over!
    All of our guests still talk about our cool DJ!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Amber for the kind words. I wish you all the best.

Andrew · Married on 08/25/2012

Chris ROCKED!!! With us giving him practically NO direction he played awesome music for 4 hours straight! Everyone was extremely pleased with his selection and had a great time!!! We would definitely recommend Chris to everyone!!!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Chris Wright Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Andrew. I had a blast!

Katherine · Married on 08/17/2012

Chris is a true professional and ensured our wedding reception was a great success. Anyone looking for a DJ that is not only fun, but responsive and reliable from the first point of contact on, look no further - Chris is the man for the job!

Sent on 08/18/2012