47 Reviews for Occasions by Elena

Elena was wonderful! She did my makeup for a business event and Christmas party I had. Both events were on the same day and my makeup was flawless all day! Elena was attentive, she listened to what I wanted and used her expertise to create a makeup look prettier than I could have imagined! She made me feel like a princess and you'll feel that way too when you work with her!

Profile Picture Reannah, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Elena is one of the best hairdressers and makeup artist I ever tried, with 20 years of experience she's someone that you can trust and I highly would recommend to anyone that wants to look amazing on your special day or any other event.
I had Elena do my hair and makeup on my special day( wedding day) and let me tell you she did an amazing job with both my hair and makeup. My hair turned out exactly the way I wanted stayed in place the whole day even though she did an updo. I've got so many compliments on my hair and makeup as well, nevertheless the pictures came out amazing.
I was very happy and satisfied with her impeccable work and I would recommend her to anyone who wants to look radiant on your special occasion and be happy and more than satisfied with the work and service.
Thank you Elena for your fantastic job I'm one very happy customer and recommend you to anyone.

Profile Picture Dana, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Absolutely an amazing artist!! My hair and makeup were STUNNING on my wedding day. Elena was absolutely pleasant and fun to work with, from the very gigging she was fast to replay to my emails and phone calls, and during the trial and the day of the wedding she was very professional and detail oriented. The entire experience was wonderful, I hope to have another event to call Elena to do my hair and makeup all over again. I could totally recommend her services

Profile Picture Maria Alejandra, 9/6/14, 1 Review
1.0

Two weeks before my wedding I found out via email that Elena was out of the country and would not be doing my wedding hair and makeup. Nothing was said to me before this time. She put undo stress and financial burden on me at a time that was not needed. I was very upset that she did not even contact me about not being able to do my hair and makeup for the wedding. That said the people she found to fulfill her commitment did a wonderful job that day and everyone looked great.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3631093, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I would definitely recommend Elena.She did an amazing job on my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I usually do not wear any makeup so I was afraid I would look very different, but she managed to look and make me feel gorgeous, natural and confident. My hair and makeup stayed all day until late that night. She also was very good with timing and waited until after the photos to make sure everything was in place for the ceremony. She was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable the entire time.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Hi all! I'm from Australia, and my husband and I eloped in New York City in January! I thought it would be hard to find a hairdresser that I felt comfortable with, given the timing of my arrival and then the date of the actual wedding, there would be no chance to meet in person before the big day and get a trial. I emailed so many differnt people, but when I read Elena's prompt response, I could get a feeling from her words that she seemed relaxed, genuine and really passionate about her work. After a few emails back and forth to discuss various things, it was like chatting to a friend! I booked her, and on the day, she definately didn't dissapoint! She came to my hotel right on time, with her lovely assistant Jen, as i had a bridesmaide who also neede to be done. They were friendly and professional, and very accomodating with what I wanted and were even ok about the little space they had to work in!
Our hair looked fantastic, and stayed in place all day!
I would definately reccomend Elena and her team to any bride who wants amazing hair and is on a budget. Thanks guys!

Profile Picture melissa, 1/2/13, 2 Reviews
4.3

Elena was very friendly and she is good. She was always flexible with me regarding adding or changing what I wanted. She was slightly impatient on my wedding day and that is why I didn't give her all 5 stars. She is prompt in getting back to you. My make up while heavier than what I originally wanted did last all day and I looked nice.

Profile Picture User2490655, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena was amazing! For our makeup and hair trial run she offered suggestions, took pictures and notes, and made excellent recommendations. We picked a hair style and makeup look that I was really happy with. The day of the wedding she arrived promptly and set up with her assistant. My makeup and hair looked gorgeous! My bridesmaids who got their makeup done by her assistant looked beautiful! And it really lasted for the entire day. Elena was prompt, courteous and professional throughout our entire interaction. I would recommend her services to anyone who wants to look their best. I was so lucky to have had her on my team!

Profile Picture Esfir, 9/8/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena did an amazing job on my hair for my wedding. She was very professional and flexible with time. I did a trial first and she was very balanced between listening to what I wanted but also giving her professional opinion when I needed it. My hair was exactly how I wanted it and I still love it when I look at my pictures!

Profile Picture User2706463, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Elena was great!
She was in charge of my makeup and hair for my wedding as well as my made of honor's and my mother's.
We scheduled a trial for which she was on time and very patient to help us find the styles we were looking for.
The day of the wedding, she was the first person to be there. She was well prepared to make sure we had exactly the same look we picked on our trial, but she was also prepared to make last minute changes (my mother decided to change her hair style last minute).
She was very professional, patient, and understanding with all the demands that a bride can have

Profile Picture Paola, 6/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena is a very talented and detail oriented beautician and hair dresser. She is well worth the time and money that you spend figuring out your look for the day.

If you know what you want then its great, she make your dreams a reality. If you dont know what you want, like me, she gives you a look based on talking to you and trying out different looks. Either way it is guaranteed that you would look your best on the day.

Elena is very patient and understanding. She tries to find a balance between what you want and what your mothers want for you. If you are a bride you know what I am talking about. In the end you will get a beautiful look. She is excellent at both hair and make up.

On my wedding day, because of some changes to the dress, we had to scrap the do that we decided on the trial and go with something different, Elena was not only calm and composed but she also came well preapred for any last minute changes.

She was quick but great and dealt with everyone with high standard of professionalism.

I recommend her for both hair and makeup for you and your bridal party.

Profile Picture Nitasha , 2/4/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena and her assistant were wonderful additions to my wedding day. Elena is extremely professional and talented in her field. Everyone who attended my wedding complimented me on my hair and make-up and could not believe the transformations Elena had performed on all of my bridesmaids and the moms. Elena helped me to relax before my wedding ceremony and was very gentle, patient and understanding with every member of the bridal party.

Profile Picture Deborah , 10/9/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena is great! She did an amazing job on everyone's hair on my wedding day. When I met Elena for a trial I showed her a picture of what I was looking for and she did a perfect job creating the romantic look that I wanted. My hair looked beautiful from all angles! I got so many compliments on it from my family and friends. Thank you so much Elena!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/3/11, 3 Reviews
4.3

I was very pleased with Elena's work! I felt comfortable with her and her team doing my hair and make up. Elena and her team were very professional, punctual, and did an amazing job on our looks. I didn't hear the end of compliments on how great I looked from my friends and family. She is a very talented women and I would definitely contract her again for any special occasion.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena and her team were amazing. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/11/11, 3 Reviews

Dear Elena,
I want to thank you for being a part of our wedding. I appreciate your time and participation. I was more than pleased with your amazing work. You made me feel and look like a princess on a very special day in my life :)

Thank you again for your spectacular work.

Love ,
Martha

Profile Picture Martha, 5/22/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena is absolutely fabulous. We had a few technical problems at the hotel and she dealt with them wonderfully and made sure that everyone was ready and beautiful on time.

Profile Picture Ela, 3/5/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I would recommend Elena without any hesistation. I called her 3 weeks before my wedding because I couldnt find anyone that I trusted or was relieable. Elena was professional and did an amazing job. She listened to what i really wanted and talked me through the whole process. I was very impressed by her from the second i met her. I will absolutely use her services again in the future. She is kind, smart, talented and professional. I looked beautiful on my wedding day and it was all because of her. She's fantastic!!!

Profile Picture Gwen , 8/28/10, 1 Review

Dear Elena,
I cannot thank you enough for making my wedding day so special. My hair was simply gorgeous and lasted the entire day and night.
I am truly impressed by your professionalism and your talent. Perhaps above all, you always listened to exactly what I had in mind and delivered every time. Everyone complimented on how gorgeous I looked and I owe it all to you!
I'd be happy and honored to recommend your services to anyone. Thank you for everything.
Love,
Martha.

Profile Picture Angela, 8/28/10, 1 Review
4.7

Elena and her team of hair stylists and make-up artists made the whole bridal party look amazing! They were all very responsive to the individual needs of each girl, and especially to the bride and the mothers of the bride and groom. Everyone's make-up stayed put for the entire day, and hair was done meticulously and securely. As the bride, I was given the most attention, and was more than pleased with my outcome. Elena took special care to be sure I looked and felt great. She was especially helpful when at the last minute the flowers I had planned on putting in my hair wilted. She helped secure totally different flowers which we hadn't planned on. The whole style came together and I (and my husband) loved my look!

Profile Picture O'Reilly, 8/21/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena and her team did hair and makeup services for my wedding two weeks ago and I could not have been happier. Everyone looked gorgeous and I LOVED my look for my wedding day. We were a large group- 10 for hair and makeup, but Elena's schedule ensured everything was on track and we were all ready on time. She was extremely helpful and flexible and made sure each girl looked perfect and more importantly that each was happy with her look. None of us has ever looked better! I would 100 perfect recommend using Elena. We will definitely be using her again for any event where we need to look our best.

Profile Picture Jill, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena did my hair and makeup for my sister's wedding and she did a beautiful job. She used strong colors for my lips and eyebrows so the contrast with the club lights was awsome. My husband, relatives, and friends did not stop telling me how much younger I looked and I got complements all night long. Since my skin has some brown spots, Elena used the airbrush foundation which made my skin evenly color and brighter. The pictures of the wedding album always remind me of that special evening and when I look at them I can not believe that beautiful lady was me. My sister, my daughter, and I always call Elena for our special parties and she is always available and willing to do our make up and hair.

Profile Picture Maria, 8/13/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena did a great job with my hair and airbrush makeup. She also did my mom's hair and makeup. I am very pleased with her work and I definitely recommend her to any bride-to-be.

Profile Picture Edimeire , 4/17/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena is excellent, very professional and punctual . She knows what you want and how you wanted, good listening . She made me feel, that the wedding day was the most important day of my life, I felt I was a model for a day, the hair was perfect and the make up was incredible, I danced all day and sweat and the make up was intact.. I highly recommended her. for me she was perfect.

Profile Picture leonela, 4/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Elena is a great find in a hair stylist and makeup artist. She made me feel so relaxed on the wedding day - I just sat back and let her work her magic with her airbrush and curling iron. She's pleasant to work with from start to finish!

Profile Picture User788114, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews