Better Together México Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Araceli
    Araceli N. Married on 03/03/2020

Experience was beyond my expectations

We had our 10 yr renewal of vows and decided to go with a Mayan ceremony to be more in touch with nature and the universe. Cecilia and Vanessa found this amazing Cenote Cave in which we had our Mayan ceremony and then had our reception at Barcelo Maya--all organized by these two beautiful ladies. All the suggestions were amazing. Their support and organization kept us on track, specially when we were going through family loss and illnesses. They worked very hard and were very supporting!
    I highly recommend them, such an amazing pair!!!
    -A&A

Better Together México's reply:

Thank you so much! We are glad we were such support not only for your wedding day but also during those difficult times... you will always have a special place in our hearts!
    Lauren M. Married on 02/01/2020

An Outstanding Experience!!

Better Together Mexico made my destination wedding an absolute DREAM! The team was with me from day 1 right through to the end. From the incredible responsiveness, complete care, and attention to every detail, the Better Together Team was outstanding and way beyond my expectations. They ensured my day was perfect, Cecy even traveled 8 hours out of her way (overnight!) to personally be there on my wedding day with her team. I was blown away with how easy it was to plan a wedding from Canada in Mexico with the Better Together Team. It's always a bit scary when you can't be there to plan, but Cecy made everything come together seamlessly. So seamlessly, my wedding was better than I had ever dreamed it would be. Cecy isn't just a coordinator/planner to me now, she will be a lifelong friend as well. I recommend Better Together Mexico to EVERYONE looking for the perfect wedding and a great team to make it all happen. I'm extremely grateful and happy to have found such wonderful people to work with for this very special day.
    Diana Married on 03/29/2019

Wedding planner

I had such a wonderful experience planning our wedding in Mexico with better together. Of course it is extremely difficult to plan a destination wedding so having them was beyond helpful. We absolutely could not have done it without them. They were very professional and responsive and so warm and kind towards us and all of our guests. They made me feel calm the whole way through which is priceless.

Better Together México's reply:

Oh!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We miss you so much and we are eager to see the photos!!!
  • Adam
    Adam M. Married on 03/15/2019

Different is better

We had a one-of-a-kind experience! It was everything we expected and more. The most traditional native wedding we could ever ask for. It was a true adventure.
    Vincy Married on 08/10/2018

A great experience!

Vanessa and Cecilia were so helpful and extremely patient during our wedding planning journey. The moment we decided to have a destination wedding in a different country, we knew we wanted to enlist the help of wedding planners. This dynamic duo were so flexible with my indecisiveness, many requests, and crazy ideas or suggestions. My now husband and I truly appreciated all of their work during our wedding planning journey. It went by way too quickly and we would have not been able to do it all without them!

Better Together México's reply:

Vincy Thank you so much for your kind words! We are glad that e can help you during this journey and adventure... all the best for you and Toua!
    Jennifer Married on 05/04/2018
    Amazing is an understatement for this Dynamic Duo!
    Cecilia and Vanessa are by far worth every single penny! These two girls went above and beyond to make our wedding day a dream come true!
    I came across Better Together Mexico through wedding wire. I reached out to them about a quote and they were super quick to respond. They also came with great recommendations by various venues in Cancun. Their communication skills exceeded my expectations. They communicated through email, skype and phone calls.
    If you have a budget and stand by it, rest assured these two ladies have you covered. They will always have your budget in mind and if they think you're going over they'll give you other suggestions and ideas on how to cut costs. Trust them they will take good care of you and your wallet!
    My Wedding Day:
    The day of the wedding we were speechless. These two girls made our wedding dreams come true. Everything we asked for was there, not one detail was missed. From floor-length table runners to the blue wine glasses and the personalized coconuts they managed to find everything we asked for. Throughout the wedding day, the Better Together team went out of their way to make sure we felt comfortable and happy. They even went as far as cleaning my feet (the bride) with a wet towel, putting on a band-aid and helping me put my shoes back on! Honestly, they are like fairy godmothers in real life. We have nothing but great things to say about these two girls. I do feel like we underpaid them for their amazing services(nothing a tip couldn't fix). I cannot forget to mention that the day after the wedding they brought us and our little toddler gifts as well as all the things we left behind at the venue! Their wedding planning services are worth every single penny! By the way, I almost forgot to mention they offer the best price, believe me, I shopped around!!!
    P.s Nicandro Jimenez our photographer was amazing and offered the best price. Thanks for the recommendation ladies!
  • Joshua
    Joshua Married on 04/21/2018
    We had such a great time working with Better Together. They were flexible and accommodating when our plans changed. Their attention to detail, local knowledge, and professionalism made our experience effortless and memorable.
  • Y
    Ythy Married on 10/21/2017
    Team Better together truly is amazing! We couldn’t be happier with their service, guidance, attention to detail, and friendship. We found them using wedding wire and the knot then interviewed several (10) different planners in the area via Skype. After planning to meet with 5 in person, we happened to meet with Cecilia and Vanessa first. Since there was no question that they were the right team for us, we signed an agreement that day and made almost all major decisions within hours. Not only did they recall each idea that we had (to the T) after only having to say it once—they followed through and provided us mutiplw options within our budget to accomplish our dream wedding. They made our planning experience stress free and fun. The relationships that they’ve established (vendors) in the riveria maya area made planning our Tulum wedding with their boots on the ground from Los Angeles was VERY easy. They genuinely care about their clients’ happiness and did everything possible to make sure that everyone—guests, vendors, and of course we were enjoying every minute of the weekend—activities, welcome party, wedding day, and even after!

Thank you, Cecilia and Vanessa! We love you guys and are so grateful to have worked with you!!!
  • MARTHA
    Martha Married on 07/01/2017
    We hired Better Together Mexico for our wedding and I have to say it was the best decision ever!! They are the most professional, empathic and honest people you can work with.
    Every step of the process went smooth and perfect until the amazing wedding day! I recommend them 100%!
    Audra Married on 11/18/2016
    Thank you for the beautiful wedding! You both did an amazing job and everything turned out fantastic!!
    Jordyn Married on 07/16/2016
    I was concerned about the seaweed as MY WEDDING was going to be on THE BEACH!!! Aright, I am not even sure if words will do these women justice. She is the absolute best of the best. Cecilia is the one who we communicated with from chicago for the months that led up to the wedding. She was responsive, informed, accommodating, and punctual. In regards to what she did on our wedding day, OMG! She didn't miss a step. Literally- perfection!

I would say I have pretty nice and classy taste ( we only stay at four or five star resorts when we travel) have above average standards and expected a seamless accommodating experience- she gave me exactly that. She takes care of everything- you tell it ask her something, she remembers it. She will send you a written copy of what was verbally discussed and every t is crossed and every I is dotted.
    And she does it all so sweetly and stress free. She handled me and my family and the two days with such confidence and genuine care to Make what I crates on paper into a reality.
    They deserve the golden apple time and time again. If I could get married again,:):), I wouldn't use anyone else:)
    Kristin Married on 04/30/2016
    Thank you so much for all your hard work and planning to give us the most perfect wedding! We couldn’t be more pleased with the way everything turned out and we are so happy!
    We will be sure to pass along our praises. Thank you for everything!
  • F
    Frances Married on 04/16/2016
    Special thanks to Cecilia Reyes who made our magical day come true perfectly :D We only wish we could send her flowers or something from the UK to say thank you properly! The wedding day was absolutely perfect, beyond anything I ever hoped for! We planned everything to the last second before we got there, which was pretty stressful emailing ideas from Scotland, but everything was just my every fairytale! We will forever be so proud to show off our photos!,
    Michelle Married on 01/09/2016
    I wanted to take some time to say thank you. Everything was absolutely perfect, and we could not have done any of it without you! Every single request that I had you ensured was met, and I am so grateful for that. My flowers were perfect, the flow of the wedding was flawless, the cake was delicious, the food at the reception was outstanding... I could go on and on. Not to mention the resort was gorgeous in itself! I couldn't have asked for anything better on our wedding day.
    Carla Married on 11/16/2015
    We love their professionalism...
    Priscila Married on 03/07/2015
    Hello my name is Priscila

I heard about Better Together Weddings and Events Mexico in a bridal exposition in New York City. I met the fabulous duo of Vanessa and Cecilia. They are so friendly that I trusted them since the first time I saw them.

My wedding was so relaxed and smooth, I never felt stressed or nervous in the planning process because they are very professional, they answered all my questions and gave me the best advice for each process.

I also loved that they answered my emails very fast and sometimes we used video chat . They made my day so special that I highly recommend them.

The day of the event was unforgettable for us and for our families.These girls made the best day of my life!

If you are planning a wedding relax and let Vanessa and Cecilia help, I am sure they will make your dreams come true.

Joshua Married on 01/23/2013
    Cecilia was absolutely fantastic. I had my wedding in a cenote and in a different country then the one i live in. I had to place complete trust in he and was not disappointed. I would highly recommend her services to anyone.

Josh Zabder
    Daniela Married on 05/05/2017
    We really loved working with Better Together Mexico, they worked with the budget we had and never tried to make us change plans or tried to sell specific providers like other wedding planners we contacted before.
    We had high expectations from them but to be honest they were beyond that, we loved everything they did for us, the details, the effort, everything! It was absolutely amazing to work with them , we felt very comfortable and we enjoyed every minute of our beautiful wedding. Would we do it again? Absolutely yes :D Thank you so much for being so professional. We recommend them 100000000%
    Jessie Married on 10/15/2016
    Everything went smoothly! It was truly beautiful in every way. They did a great job with us and from what we experienced everything seemed to go according to plan. During te wedding, both, Jason and I were "did you see how they decorated this, or that, omg this and that!?! Everyone went above and beyond from what we expected...!
    Courtney Married on 01/08/2016
    We cannot Thank You enougth for everything you did for our wedding. Everyone has a fantastic time and let with some great memories
    Adrienne Married on 11/07/2015

I made contact with Cecilia Reyes early on, in the wedding planning, and booked my wedding date one year in advance
    We planned a three-night extravaganza and had a total of 85 guests that joined us at the resort. Some came for a few days before the wedding, some stayed after, and some came only for a few nights. Cecilia accommodated us in booking three separate events: “Cocktail Hour” night one, “Pig Roast” night two and “Wedding” night three. All three events were a great success.

I will also add to this review that I’m an extremely demanding, and a high maintenance individual, and I would be the first to criticize if something went wrong. Cecilia detected this in me early on, and went out of her way to make sure that I was more than satisfied. (I kept telling her throughout the experience, that I would never want her job- having to deal with stressed out brides)

Thankfully as we got closer to the wedding date, Cecilia was EXTREMELY responsive, and emailed me back within 12-24 hours (in the month leading up to the wedding)
    OVERALL: I could not have been happier. The resort and Cecilia in particular were more than accommodating in meeting my every demand. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone in the future. If we were to do it all over again we would not have changed a thing, and I sincerely thank Cecilia for her patience with us both throughout the entire process.
    Danielle Married on 06/14/2018
    Can't thank BTM making our day absolutely amazing! Arranged with the salon I chose to make booking easier. Pick up and drop off for any arrangements with ease. Everything went smoothly and to plan outstanding service. If in doubt about having a wedding abroad highly recommended use BTM.
  • Carmen
    Carmen R. Married on 04/13/2021

Disappointing, little to no effort or preparation

I highly believe in taking care of vendors and all staff, because without them, events would not be possible. I've been working planning special events in the nonprofit sector for 13 years, and have been so grateful to have worked with amazing staff. It brings me joy to tip extra, make sure my vendors are also taken care of, and going out of my way to show my appreciation for their hard work. As someone who works in events, I truly value their time and effort because I've been in the position of executing logistics and have high respect for the work.

That being said, I was really excited when I initially found Better Together, as a women-owned business based locally in the area. It made me happy to support a POC-led business, and it was important to me to be intentional with choosing vendors to select fellow POC. It was thus extremely disappointing and sad to see the absolute bare minimum effort we received. We booked with Better Together 7 months in advance for a Mayan ceremony in a cenote. In those 7 months, we had exactly one phone call and one meeting for less than 20 minutes with the coordinators. There was minimal email communication, with abrupt short responses. I was confused and surprised by this since the reviews raved about the personal attention and support received by others. No se si es porque somos Latinos y no gueros que no nos tomaron en cuenta para nada porque si veo la diferencia en como nos trataron.

Cons
    -We received the timeline for ceremony 3 days before the ceremony, so we were left in the dark about the day's flow until the last minute.
    -Ceremony started more than an hour late. We aren't sure why, no one explained anything to us and we were left standing for at least 20 minutes in an area with only one chair for someone to sit down.
    -The coordinators barely greeted us or spoke to us throughout our ceremony day. I was blown away by the fact that we received so much warmer treatment from the ceremony photographer than our own wedding coordinators.
    -The coordinator offered to help us carry our bags to the cenote, and then disappeared for the majority of the ceremony. The bag she took carried our shoes for the reception and wipes to help with the heat. We had to do the ceremony in our walking shoes since the coordinator didn't return until the end with our bag and shoes.
    -While walking to the cenote, we were rushed by the staff person leading us to the cenote. We were fully dressed in our ceremony clothes, and this person had us practically power-walking through the trail with no regard for us. She walked ahead barely acknowledging us and seeming annoyed that my husband ask to take a break during the walk to the cenote so he could just pause to wipe his face. It would have made more sense to have a timeline that allowed to arrive at the cenote sooner so that we could take our time walking to the cenote at a calm pace. When selecting a cenote, we weren't given options or any details about possible locations.

Pros
    -The shaman for the ceremony was so amazing. He led a beautiful and meaningful ceremony that meant so much to us. He was very patient, kind and thoughtful. We were so grateful to have had him bless our union and I will always carry the memory with me
    -The videographers and photographers were so sweet and friendly. We are grateful for their time and excellent service. They were helpful, made us feel welcome and were so appreciated.
    -We did receive a good recommendation to stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen, and the staff here are so amazing so we are grateful to have stayed here. I was lucky to have the help of our amazing concierge Nallely, who showed better care and service in the 4 days we've known her than in the entire 7 months we had working with Better Together. She was the one to check in on us and who made sure to be there on time to help me put on my wedding dress.

At the end of the day, we made the best of it because we wanted to enjoy our experience. We would have enjoyed it more with better communication, better support and a team who understood and respected the fact that we worked really hard to save and prepare for our trip. The tip we had set aside for Better Together is being put to better use for the staff at Paradisus, who have gone above and beyond.