Barb's Bakery Reviews

36 Reviews for Barb's Bakery

1 User photo

Barb's Bakery 1

Guinevere · Married on 10/07/2017

Our cake was beautiful!!!! I already knew I wanted my wedding cake from Barbs’s Bakery and Jennifer was so easy to work with!! Every guest finished the piece of cake in fromt of them because it was so good! I highly recommend barbs bakery!!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    Barb's Bakery 2

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2016

Barb's provided us our wedding cake and an array of goodies for our dessert bar (apple pie bars, brownies, butter cookies, and Mexican wedding cookies). The bakery was great to work with and has the most reasonable prices we were able to find. The cake was absolutely delicious! And I'm glad the wedding coordinator allowed us to sample some of everything at the bakery during our consultation because we weren't able to eat any of the other desserts at our wedding--our guests practically inhaled them! Not a crumb was left even though we ordered more than needed! Rave reviews by everyone. Thank you!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Anna · Married on 12/05/2015

I love this Bakery they make great cakes and are very helpful. We have gone through them for birthday cakes and also two wedding cakes!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Kathryn · Married on 10/18/2014

I can only say wonderful things about Barb's Bakery. They were professional, efficient, and my cake was not only beautiful but delicious. I can't tell you how many people commented that it was the best wedding cake they had ever eaten. There was nothing left to eat later on! THANK YOU so much!

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Kelsey Jayne

Kelsey Jayne · Married on 10/18/2014

I've loved Barb's for years. All of their baked goods are delicious; from cakes, to cookies, or even the amazing doughnuts and petite fours, Barb's is amazing! We had them make our favors, some of their delicious and famous frosted sugar cookies. They cookies turned out great and our guests loved them. I wouldn't go anywhere else for a great bakery in the PHX area.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Sonya · Married on 05/17/2014

I have been going to Barb's Bakery since I was a child, I always dreamed of having a cake made by them... I just never thought it would come true.

The cake was beautiful and (apparently) delicious, all our guests were gushing about it, but I didn't have time to process the flavor of the tiny bite I took for the stupid cake smashy face photo b.s. brides and grooms have to do. Sadly when I went to grab a real sliver of cake for myself all the pieces were gone (and we had more than enough cake for everyone to get a slice when it all began), the fact that people ran up to get seconds before the bride and groom could get a chance at the cake leads me to believe it was fantastic! Though I did try it at the cake tasting and loved it.

Thank you so much for everything!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Judy · Married on 04/26/2014

Only needed a small cake so glad I found barb's bakery! Everyone told me how wonderful the cake was! We got the white cake with chocolate mousse and pink champagne and custard oh my was that good!

Sent on 06/05/2014

We chose Barb's Bakery for our wedding cake solely because it was where my parents got their wedding cake 31 years ago and they did NOT disappoint. We selected our cake without a taste test because we knew we wanted red velvet and it was an excellent choice. Nothing but wonderful reviews from our guest and we had enough left over to serve it up the following day at brunch. Wonderful choice and wonderful cake!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Kat · Married on 11/09/2013

Barb's Bakery is a family favorite that we use for birthdays, parties, and when we just need a sweet treat so I was thrilled to work with them on our wedding. They prepared a small cake for cutting and then we did a mix of their petit fours and cupcakes to serve our guests. They were delicious! They were able to incorporate our colors beautifully on the cake and petit fours (we kept the cupcakes standard because the decorations they do on them are too cute to change!). Almost every guest I spoke with was going back for seconds! They delivered right to the venue where we had our caterers setup our dessert table. Wonderful treats, wonderful service.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2012

When searching for a wedding cake baker earlier this year, my husband and I were unimpressed with bakers throughout the valley. That changed when we encountered Barb's Bakery. Our cake tasting was awesome -- we got three mini-cakes with different flavors/fillings that were big enough to bring home leftovers for my mom to try. We also got to try cupcakes so we could sample other flavors. It was well worth the small price for the tasting.

When it came time to select our cake flavors/fillings we couldn't decide. We ended up making each tier different (lemon/vanilla bavarian creme, chocolate/chocolate mousse, lemon/raspberry and lemon/vanilla bavarian creme). The decorating was beautifully done too. I wouldn't change a thing. Many guests even complimented it.

If you want great service, great cake at a great price, go with Barb's Bakery!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Kate · Married on 10/12/2012

Barb's bakery was wonderful. They emailed me promptly with estimated quotes prior to scheduling our tasting. They asked us what design we were interested in, as well as flavors. We tasted three cakes and fillings, and left feeling comfortable that our cake would be exactly what we wanted. Their pricing is exceptionally reasonable - for $3.50/slice you have so many amazing options to choose from. Our cake was chocolate with a raspberry butter cream filling, and a butter cream frosting. They did decorative scroll work and ribbon on our three-tier cake, and delivered it. It not only looked amazing, it tasted amazing. Everyone raved about it. We would absolutely use them again.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2012

Two thumbs up to Barbs! Our cake was delicious, looked fantastic, and they were such a pleasure to work with! We love Barbs!

Sent on 03/29/2012
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 11/26/2011

I loved my cake for my wedding which was a three tier cake and cupcakes also. They did an excellent job and I would do it all again. I have referred all my friends to them for birthdays, weddings and everything else.

Sent on 04/22/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/29/2011

Barb's was wonderful to work with. Angela was great! I knew exactly what I wanted and they were very accomadating. Loved the cake. Tasted exactly like we wanted. Moist, filled with fresh strawberries and cream and ohhh so yummy! Just like their petit fours!
    I also had them make individual wedding cake shaped cookies with our initials and they were a huge hit at the rehearsal dinner! ADORABLE and yummy too. I decided to wrap them myself and tied them with grosgrain ribbon and heart shaped tag with our names and wedding date engraved on it. Darling!
    I highly recommend Barb's Bakery for your wedding cake and cookies!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Jacqueline · Married on 09/24/2011

Barb's made our wedding cake cookie favors! They were extremely good! Decorated perfectly just the way we asked and really fresh and moist! Thank you!

Sent on 11/04/2011

Mackenzie · Married on 03/19/2011

Barb's bakery was wonderful, The cake was so good our best man had 4 slices. They gave us a wonderful deal because my friend had booked with them also. The cake was delivered on time and was so beautiful I was so proud of it and didn't want to cut into it. The best part was that it tasted wonderful!! I can't wait for the 1 year anniversary cake that we get for free!

Sent on 03/26/2011

Kristen · Married on 02/19/2011

Barb's Bakery provided the vanilla petit fours and a 6" red velvet cake for our wedding reception and everything turned out amazing! The cake was so moist and delicious, and the presentation was beautiful. They did a great job incorporating our color into their design. Each petit four included a red icing rose on top that matched the ribbon on the stands that we created. We placed the 6" cake as our top tier, and then displayed the petit fours on the lower tiers. It was gorgeous and all our guests enjoyed having their very own mini wedding cake!

Barb's Bakery is also extremely reasonable in their pricing and they are so friendly and easy to work with. Randy helped us design our perfect (and very unique) wedding cake, and even after our wedding, my husband and I are hooked on their bakery.....we stop by often to get some of their baked treats because everything they make is SO good!!!

Sent on 03/14/2011

Kelly · Married on 02/28/2009

I loved my cake from Barb's Bakery. I had white frosting with rasberry filling. They even make each layer a different cake flavor, which I chose pink champagne and sunny yellow. The process was smooth and I had wedding cake every day after my honeymoon I loved it so much! They are flexible and can work with any budget. They have been in business for over 30 yrs. and will make you a fresh cake on your 1 year anniversary if you bring in a picture of your wedding cake after the wedding free. I loved that so I didn't have to save mine and eat stale cake. Their prices exceed the value of their delicious, beautiful cakes!!!

Sent on 04/19/2009

Julia · Married on 06/23/2007

I have used Barb's Bakery for years, and it is by far one of the best bakeries in Phoenix, especially for specialty cakes. Barb's made the cakes for all three of my bridal showers, my wedding cake, my groom's cake, the cake for family brunch after the wedding, as well as recently a cake for an engagement party of one of my friends! Each cake was very different, and came out exactly how I wanted it. Just remember that if you have a very specific idea, explain exactly what you want, bring pictures, and be very clear if you have specific expectations. I have been delighted with the taste and appearance of each of my cakes. Our wedding was 300 people, and our cake served 200 and then we bought sheet cakes for the other 100 servings. The cake was HUGE and gorgeous. They even worked along with our florist who placed the flowers on the cake at the reception site. My husbands groom cake was the shape of a sphere, standing on its own on a platform without supports, which was amazing in itself, but then decorated in 4 quartered regions like a basketball, soccer ball, baseball, and football. It stood the whole wedding reception all night without falling, which was amazing! They also, with very short notice of just a few days, were able to make cookies frosted with our initials and the date or our wedding in our wedding colors, and bag them, and deliver them to the hotel that our guests were staying at as a welcome gift for our guests. The staff at Barb's is great, and I highly recommend them.

I would venture to say that anyone who did not get a cake that tasted or looked the way that they wanted it to may not have been specific enough on their expectations.

Sent on 11/18/2008

Crystal · Married on 01/06/2001

The cake was exactly what we wanted. Tasted wonderful and they were willing to deliver it to our reception site that was a half hour away from their location.

Sent on 05/01/2008

Beautiful cake and everyone at the wedding loved it. They also have different desserts like an pecan bar that was a special favorite.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Kym · Married on 11/24/2006

I used Barb''s bakery for my wedding in November of 2006. I loved the cake. They did a great job. It look exactly like I wanted it to and it tasted great!

Sent on 08/26/2008

I loved this place from tasting to tasting again at the wedding!!! The flavors were hard to choose from but we picked custard and strawberry with buttercream frosting. She worked with us with our very limited budget. We showed a picture and I bought some fake succulents with pink ribbon for the cake. They did a great job decorating. One of the succulents wasn't in securely and it fell before the reception started, but the caterer fixed it. and the cake topper was our name hanging with scrabble letters. I know it was a bit tricky to make the letters all show, but it doesn't even seem like they attempted to place it in a way it would. so the letters were jumbled. Oh well. the cake was amazingly delicious.

We also got some extra cupcakes: champagne and red velvet. yum.

Sent on 06/01/2015
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 12/20/2014

David was great to work with. His team created exactly what we wanted and the best part was that the cakes were delicious. We had 2 flavors (german chocolate and vanilla with italian cream).

Sent on 01/05/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/16/2014

Barb's bakery did our wedding cake. Their bridal consultant is very professional and we had a great time at our tasting. We went with their pink champagne custard cake. We ordered a bridal cake for the wedding party and sheet cake for guests. The cake was great, delivery went smoothly and I would definitely recommend for a wedding, rehearsal or special occasion.

We did have one email get lost in their general inbox but it was all straightened out after one phone call.

Sent on 05/18/2014