39 Reviews for Alterations Etc. Haute Couturier

Bride (3)
Mother of Bride (1)
Bridesmaids (1)

I purchased a heavily beaded Berta couture dress from StillWhite.com that required alterations. When speaking with friends in Tucson, without hesitation, they directed me to Sandra the owner & Master Seamstress at Alterations Ect.. After reading her reviews, I reached out to her.

From my first meeting with Sandra, I knew she was a true professional. With one glance she knew exactly what needed to be done to properly fit and correct a previous sloppy job on the handkerchief hem of my dress.
Sandra was very considerate knowing that I was traveling from Tucson, Sandra accommodated my busy schedule & travel. She communicated via text when my dress was completed and everything went very timely & smoothly.

The outcome was amazing!! Sandra meticulously corrected the intricate hem and fit my Berta gown perfectly to me. She replaced missing Swarovski crystals & beads, shortened straps, added lining where needed, and made my gown look brand new! Her prices were very reasonable for a professional of her caliber. It is without hesitation that I recommend Sandra @ Alterations Ect for all dress fitting needs.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/11/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I was referred to Sandra from the store where I purchased my dressed. She did a phenomenal job altering my dress! She was very quick, but very precise. I was so worried about having to hike up my dress throughout my wedding day, but I was very pleased that it was a perfect fit on our big day! I never had to pull it up or mess with it at any point! I am very pleased with Sandra and I would recommend her to any bride!

Profile Picture Heather, 12/16/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra was amazing to work with, she is truly talented! I choose a difficult dress and had some second thoughts and panic attacks haha and she was able to calm me down and talk me through things while still listening to my concerns and fixing get them. I really liked that she gave me her honest opinion when I asked for it. She also made me a belt for my dress that was beautiful and added her personal touches on things which I loved. She is very sweet and genuine and I had a great time at my fittings

Profile Picture Stacie, 11/4/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra was fantastic in doing the alterations and steaming of my wedding dress and veil. She was so much fun to spend time with and really seemed to love what she does. I would go to her again in a heartbeat. I absolutely loved the finished product.

Profile Picture Taylor, 4/8/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I brought my dress into Sandra to have the bodice brought in, the straps adjusted, and a bustle added. Since I brought it several months before my wedding, she added cups for free. She did a very nice job with my dress; I only had to try It on once after my initial fitting. Her available hours to see clients were a little restricting for me as she doesn't see anyone Friday-Sunday and I work about an hour & a half away so getting over there on weekdays wasn't an easy task, but I made it work. The only issue I had is that a pleat intended to hide one of the bustle loops ended up backwards, so the loop is showing instead of being hidden under the pleat. Since it's only 2 weeks until my wedding I don't really have the time to bring her the dress to fix it (the whole hour & a half thing) so I will just have to iron it to lay the opposite way myself. Other than that, the dress alterations turned out great!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Emmy, 3/5/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Sandra of Alterations, Etc custom-designed and made my bridesmaids' dresses and they were a dream! She carefully helped me select an assortment of beautiful gold fabrics that would compliment my lovely friends' skin tones and would combine without clashing. Her talent for shaping and making creative designs that could be worn in multiple ways is unparalleled! She is so easy to work with and such a sweet presence. My bridesmaids loved wearing their dresses and had personal imput into how the dresses would turn out. Sandra was masterful at working their preferences about length and fabric and cut into my stylistic goals and combining them with professional ease so that they looked couture! She also altered my wedding dress and added little touches that personalized it which were drawn from the amazing bridesmaid gowns! Thank you, thank you, Sandra, for making my wedding day look radiant!

Profile Picture katelyn, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride

I can't even begin to express how AMAZED I am by what Sandra was able to do for me and my dress!!!! I found my dream dress online...it was perfect....vintage....chic...it was everything that I wanted. The day it was delivered and I went to try it on, I was not able to get it over my chest area. =( I was sad and incredibly scared that I was going to have to find and buy a whole new dress. It was incredibly heartbreaking and scary that I would have to dish out more money for a new one. I put a search into Google and I happened to come across Alterations Etc and I am so thankful I did!!! I do not know how she did it, but she was able to make the dress to where it will fit and I think it is even more beautiful now all because of the miracle worker that Sandra is!!! =) She has done such an amazing job and she is the absolute sweetest. She is actually very affordable as well. You do not find quality and good pricing very often in the same category these days, especially related to weddings!!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for making this part of my wedding just that much better!!! =) You're awesome!!! =)

Profile Picture User4488241, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra is amazing! She had previously done my best friend and sister's alterations on their wedding dresses so of course I went to her for mine. She did a beautiful job, I couldn't have been more happy!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Alterations etc did an amazing job of making me fit in my dress PERFECTLY! Sandra put some much hard work and dedication into making my dress absolutley stunning! she was also very flexable with fitting times! will recommend!

Profile Picture Courtney , 4/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra was a godsend! I had purchased a size 12 gown and kept fluctuating with my weight throughout our several fittings. She was patient and kind, and gave such good advice. She saw my vision and helped me get there. I am so very thankful I went with Sandra and I can't recommend her enough. You will not be disappointed if you choose her for your special day!

Profile Picture Molly, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra altered my wedding dress. She is professional and courteous. She followed through on timelines. I would recommend her permanently for any alterations.

Profile Picture Jeanine, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I took my dress in with two weeks before my wedding. Sandra was extremely accommodating! As soon as I put on the dress, I didn't have to say a word. Sandra walked up and told me exactly what needed to be done...which was exactly what I was thinking. The dress fits like a charm and she was able to get everything done within my short two week time frame. Also, the price was extremely reasonable and way less than what I would have been charged at the salon where I purchased it.

Profile Picture Rebekah, 5/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra is an amazing seamstress!!! I had her turn a strapless wedding gown into a halt top style dress. She did such a fantastic job, that no one could tell that the dress had been altered so extensively. When she was done the dress exceeded my expectations!! I highly recommend Sandra!! Make sure you schedule with her well in advance, she books up quick - but would you expect from the best!!

Profile Picture Sherry, 4/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

To say that Sandra is amazing is an understatement. I bought my dress as a sample, a little dirty and a little too small. I wanted a corset back which she put in, spot cleaned the dress, fixed up the beading that was coming loose, and made it fit me like a glove. She gave great input on what would work with my dress and really made me feel confident through the entire process. I 100% recommend her service.

Profile Picture Jennie, 2/8/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra is awesome! She was very patient with me even though I changed my dress several times. She was very understanding when I let her know that I just didn't feel it was quite right. She made some incredible suggestions that made it exactly what I wanted. Thank you Sandra!! Also, the price was very reasonable!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 1/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra is excellent at what she does. We had no problems from start to finish and the service she provided was PERFECT. We had the wedding dress altered from a size 8 to a size 0 and she did it perfectly. Also made us a custom coverup to wear in the church exactly just like we wanted. Everything was done in a very timely manner with still a few weeks before the wedding. No stress at all. Also had her hem one of the bridesmaids dresses, she did a perfect quick job. Love her and would recommend her any day to anyone. THANKS Sandra! Take your dresses to her you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture User3731907, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra did a wonderful job! My dress fits perfectly and she had it all finished on time. :) Super friendly and accommodating.

Profile Picture User3645349, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Ever since I bought my wedding dress I really liked it, but after Sandra's alterations I loved it. The dress truly made me look and feel like a princess. Sandra is very experienced,, she knows what she is doing and she will really try to make your dress look its best. Her services were more expensive than I had originally planned but it was worth it in the end. She basically reconstructed the dress bodice, took the hemline up a notch and fitted it to my body like a glove. At the wedding everyone gushed about how beautiful I looked and how gorgeous the dress was, and better yet, I felt gorgeous. She even helped me pack it in a tiny carry on suitcase for overseas travel to my wedding destination. I cannot recommend Sandra Denley high enough. Your dress will look fabulous after she is done with it.

Profile Picture Maria, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra did an amazing job on my already beautiful wedding dress. I contacted her 2 weeks prior to my wedding day to add a corset backing. I was so stressed and was sure where to go. My great friend recommended Sandra. I took a chance and it was well worth the time and money. Not once did I have to worry that my dress was going to be completed by the time I left for my destination wedding. I received my dress about a week prior to the wedding and it was even more beautiful. Now if anyone asks me if I know of someone to alter ANYTHING, Sandra will be my first choice. Thanks again, you truly are a master of your craft!!!

Profile Picture Maria, 4/6/13, 3 Reviews
4.3

Sandra did a really wonderful job on my wedding dress. I had purchased my gown off the rack and it was much too long and just didn't fit me right. She completely transformed it by shortening the length and even adding some additional lace to hide the zipper.

My only issue was that she often had to reschedule my appointments and didn't have my dress completely finished on the day promised. I received it a couple days before the wedding, so everything turned out fine.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/15/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Great seamstress! She took a size 10 dress and made it a size 2 or smaller dress! Absolutely love her work and she is an amazing lady! Reasonably priced, definitely worth it for your special day!

Profile Picture User2534031, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
3.6

Quality of work was good, but lack of organization caused stress on myself and bridesmaids. Price was also a little more expensive than I expected. Would recommend, but would give her a little more time to alleviate any stressful last minute problems.

Profile Picture J, 10/28/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandras work is absolutely amazing. She made my vision come true. I brought in a dress that needed quite a bit of work. I am a very simple person. The dress I purchased was about two sizes too big and also had a large train. I wanted her to remove the train and thin out the dress. She knows exactly what she is doing. My dress had 6 layers (of course i had no idea until she explained it) and she thoroughly explained everything she was doing to the dress before she did it. I must reiterate that is important to go to her early if you want her to do such a big job. She will give you perks on your dress like free bra cups. She used pieces of my dress to make a veil. My veil then matched perfectly with my dress. The only negative that I must share is that she had to reschedule my appointment one time the day of because she forgot to alter the dress. Additionally, I arrived for my last fitting (2 weeks before the wedding date, thank goodness) and somehow sandra didnt realize I was scheduled. She must have rescheduled me (its wedding season so i understand she is busy) but didnt call to tell me. She still had my dress ready over a week before the event and its was so stunning. The before and after photos are insane with the amount of work she put into it and Id be happy to share them with you. If you are looking for someone that you need to do an amazing job and alot of changes to your dress, use Sandra.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/20/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandra did an amazing job on my dress. I had gotten a sample dress used in bridal stores, so it was a bit dirty on the bottom and needed many alterations. The work by far exceeded my expectations! The dress fit perfectly, was done in time for my destination wedding, and Sandra cleaned and pressed it so it looked brand new. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/20/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I was referred to Sandra by a friend of mine. My friend had such a wonderful experience with her that I couldn't pass it up. Sandra has been so AMAZING throughout the whole experience. My wedding dress was handed down to me by a friend and Sandra has been able to turn it into a completely different dress and it looks exactly like I had envisioned in my head. Her ideas are creative and she is so talented and skilled at what she does. She does great work and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Maureen, 6/9/12, 1 Review