Alleycakes Bakery Reviews

67 | Neptune Beach, FL

67 Reviews for Alleycakes Bakery

Lauren jonathan · Married on 09/03/2016

Alleycakes is the best. Let me start off by saying I don't like cake, but thats not all they do! We booked them for our wedding and instead of going the traditional route of having a cake and serving it to all the guests which most don't eat. We had a desert table and every piece was gone! Chocolate covered bacon, chocolate covered potato chips, cake pops, mini cupcakes. macrons. It was different and something for everyone and everyone loved it especially the chocolate covered items. I would highly recommend these guys they were so easy and awesome to work with. The staff and food are excellent!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Alleycakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for this sweet review! We LOVE converting people who "don't like cake" :) It was our pleasure working with you and we wish you and your new hubby Johnathan the very best!! xoxo - Alleycakes girls

Adriana · Married on 08/06/2016

We got married August 6th in a yoga studio and used Alleycakes for our desserts. We had different cakes and other goodies at each tables as center pieces, instead of serving one big wedding cake or using a bunch of flowers and decor on the tables. Ali and her team were absolutely wonderful!!! The guests LOVED everything they tried and the cakes were beautifully done. Ali herself was extremely personable and helpful. We met with her in person to go over what we invisioned for our wedding and she did exactly that. It was perfect. We highly recommend Alleycakes for any of your cake needs :)

Sent on 08/08/2016

chrissy · Married on 07/16/2016

Alley Cakes did such an amazing job creating a beautiful desert table at my recent wedding at The White Room in St. Augustine. The deserts were absolutely beautiful and my guests raved about how delicious they were all night. We literally only had 2 minicupcakes and 2 macaroons left over at the end of the night, which I'm told is unheard of... They were professional, talented and incredibly sweet people to work with and I could not give them a better recommendation! You guys are the best!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Heather · Married on 05/21/2016

Alleycakes did such a great job with the dessert bar (and cake) at our wedding last month! Everything was customized to our taste preferences, colors, and overall look! The presentation turned out great - we got tons of compliments on the sweet treats (cake pops to die for that were gone in 5 minutes, gorgeous macaroons with the pretty gold dust as someone else noted below)! The cake was so beautiful as well - (barely naked, 3 tier, with different flavors per tier) - I sent a few inspirational pictures, and they created exactly what I envisioned. The staff was also very accommodating; by offering a few taste boxes to ensure we found the exact flavors we were looking for, to selecting display pieces that fit in perfectly with the overall wedding theme. (FYI - cupcakes are given in the taste boxes, just something to keep in mind depending on what you prefer when it comes to texture/icing. We were actually much more impressed when we tried our wedding cake - which was a good thing!) If overall presentation is important to you, and you are looking to offer an assortment of dessert options at a budget friendly price, with high value - go with Alleycakes, they will not disappoint!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Christina · Married on 05/14/2016

Alley Cakes is amazing!!! They made our wedding cake and all the table goodies. Everything was super tasty and beautiful. Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop saying how great everything was. There was nothing left at the end of the night. They go above and beyond to with any request made. YUMMY!!!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Christina · Married on 05/14/2016

Everything we ordered was delicious and presented so beautifully. My husband and I were completely overwhelmed with compliments on our cake. It was truly a masterpiece on our dessert table. They were even able to add on an adorable grooms cake last minute. Any time I had a question, someone got back to me either that day or the next. It was worth the time and money to hire Alleycakes.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Shaina · Married on 04/24/2016

First off, I must say that I actually saw the most beautiful naked cake ever on Pinterest and it was from this bakery! I couldn't believe how perfect it was and it was exactly what I wanted for my wedding. The bakery has to be one the most unknown gems ever! I never heard of Alley Cakes Bakery...ever...I am so shocked because they are perfect! I ordered a two tiered naked wedding cake along with French macaroons, cake pops, and sweet shots! My guests are still talking about my cake it was so gorgeous and Delish filled with the most incredible mixed berry compote! Alley coordinated my desserts with my wedding colors and dusted my macaroons with beautiful gold dust! They even delivered to my venue in St. Augustine FL for us! Everything was absolutely delicious and gorgeous. From start to finish I couldn't be more pleased. Oh and how could I forget? The cost!! The most inexpensive I've priced and best tasting if you ask me! I'm so pleased that I plan on getting my birthday cake from there even though for me it's a bit of a drive...it's well worth it! Thanks again Ali!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Kathleen · Married on 03/12/2016

The cake display set up by the Alleycakes team was absolutely beautiful! Everyone raved about how delicious their treats were, and they offer such variety that there is something for everyone.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Ali and Hannah were absolutely amazing! Their cakes are not only beautiful but delicious- they have a TON of unique flavors to chose from. Everyone loved, loved our naked wedding cake and the (surprise) grooms cake was a hit!!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Alleycakes did an amazing job with my wedding cake, including making a few small trial cakes to get the design just right! Not only was the cake beautiful, but also delicious- received many compliments! I will continue to be an AlleyCakes customer after my wedding :)

Sent on 12/21/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/29/2015

Our Wedding cakes were amazing! We met with Ali and explained what we wanted and she was very helpful and made our vision happen! We are cake lovers so we knew we wanted several different flavors of cake. They have so many flavors to pick from and they were all so delicious! Once we sampled the cake and cake pops, it was very hard to pick our favorites! We ended up having 4 small cakes and variety of cake pops, and they were all a big hit (also the cake buffet was set-up beautifully)!! In addition, they were also very affordable! Alleycakes will definitely be my go-to bakery for future events!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/31/2015

Most amazing cupcakes and cake I have tasted - all of our guests raved about them and left wanting more. Professional and down to earth. Five star recommended!!!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2015

We loooooved Alleycakes! They were so innovative when we asked them just to make us an awesome cake for our wedding! They have so many options at the bakery and they are all sooooo good! And can I mention how affordable they are?!?! They are less than half of other bakers and wayyyyy better tasting! So happy!

Sent on 06/15/2015
  • User5194427 · 2+ years ago

Best wedding cake ever! Chose red velvet and it tasted amazing!! Also did the champagne infused cake pops, a must try!

Sent on 06/21/2015

I absolutely love this place! They are so modern, creative, and the prices are so great! If you want the best selection in desserts you have found be right place. And they are so creative when decorating the cake table. It looked like it should be a centerpiece. So amazing!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Ammie · Married on 06/13/2015

I've always thought wedding cakes were kind of boring, but my husband wanted a traditional cake. I was so happy to find Alleycakes because they have the best and most unique flavors. I decided on a really simple design and decoration for the outside and funfetti for the bottom layer we cut. It was a fun surprise for the guests and it was delicious! We chose key lime and red velvet for the other 2 tiers. Every single piece of cake was eaten before the end of the reception. I'm not sure I've ever been to a wedding that happened.

The price was great compared to other bakeries and almost $150 less than the same size cake from Publix. I highly suggest using local bakeries no matter where you are wedding planning!

Sent on 09/17/2015
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 04/25/2015

AlleyCakes is simply the best there is for all your sweet tooth needs! We personally used them for our wedding! From the very first time we met with Alley, we knew they were the ones to work with. From their adorable website, to the entire staff being sweet and helpful...they have been a pleasure to work with. I was on the fence with using a ''naked'' wedding cake for our wedding. As soon as I talked to Alley, I knew I was in great hands with this less than traditional cake. Not only did I get an AMAZING cake, we also had cake pops, and macaroons, all done up by AlleyCakes on a table for our wedding day that went with the theme of our wedding. I can honestly say the cake table was my favorite outcome of the day. It was absolutely beautiful! You can tell that AlleyCakes loves what they do, and, I will forever use their services and recommend them to anyone needing baking services!

Sent on 04/29/2015

August · Married on 04/11/2015

Best wedding cake and desserts you will find. Absolutely delicious and everything was beautiful. They ladies at Alleycakes did a fantastic job and I would recommend them to anyone looking for their wedding cake or any other cake.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Heather · Married on 03/14/2015

If I could give them 5 BILLION gold stars I would! So easy and a pleasure to work with! No stress here and everything turned out even better and more amazing than expected! They execute everything perfectly! And the taste is unbelievable! We went with a cake, grooms cake, mini cupcakes, macaroons, and cake pops!!.. No left overs for us!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Alley Cakes Bakery deserves a million gold stars for the phenomenal services they delivered for our wedding! Guests are still raving about how great the cakes and pies were that we had at the wedding! Allison was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and she set up a free tasting to try some of the flavors when I came in to town. As an out-of-state bride, I couldn't have asked for a better bakery for our big day! She was very affordable, and she has countless options to allow you to cater to what you imagine for your big day! I gave Allison some details about our day so she could get the feel of our wedding, and she put together a BEAUTIFUL display of our 4 cakes and 2 different kinds of pies. We rented all of the cake stands and platters through her company, and oh my goodness, did they turn out wonderfully! She actually told me when we returned the platters and stands the next day that while setting up the table she felt it needed something a little different, so she went out and purchased this gorgeous cake stand to add to our vintage, romantic look. She genuinely cares about her customers, and she will do everything she can to make sure your sweets are perfect! The icing on the cake for this wonderful bakery is that her sweets are absolutely amazing! You will not regret your decision to book Alley Cakes Bakery for your big day!

Sent on 05/06/2015

It's hard to even put into words how delicious these treats were for our wedding. The first time I tried the "Poppin' Bottles" cake, sparks really did fly. We chose this for our wedding cake (just a small one) and did an assortment of cake pops and macaroons. Not just any macaroons... Biscoff macaroons. If you haven't had one of these bad boys, you haven't lived.
    I'll be honest with you- I'm not afraid to admit that sometimes late at night, I dig the frozen remnants of our cake out of the freezer and eat it with my bare hands.
    Aside from the pure heaven that these treats are in your mouth, the setup they did on the dessert table was absolutely incredible. I loved how thoughtful they were in adding some of my extra flowers to the top of the cake and arranging everything just right. Not to mention the cake stands I rented from them were adorable.
    All in all, Alleycakes Bakery genuinely cares about their clients as if they were best friends in real life.

Sent on 04/05/2015

Emily · Married on 12/20/2014

AlleyCakes is simply the best!! We were referred here by a stranger who heard we were looking for a bakery & upon our first meeting, I was hooked!! Ali was open to whatever we wanted & offered suggestions when we couldn't put our vision into words! We ordered our cake, a grooms cake and mini apple pies for our baseball themed wedding & were over the moon excited with how it all turned out! I have since purchased ALL my desserts for special occassions from her and will never use another bakery! They are the way to go!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/19/2014

I used Alleycakes for my wedding cake and it was the absolute best wedding cake I have ever had. I decided to go with a two tiered wedding cake and I brought a photo of what I wanted the cake to look like. They were able to replicate it perfectly. I added a few dozen cake pops and macaroons which I highly recommend doing as they were a big hit and equally as delicious as the cake. The Smores Chocolate cake was amazing! I also used the champagne flavored cake which was an awesome compliment. I have always been someone who makes homemade cakes for birthday etc. but they definitely have a new customer now for those types of events as the cake was simply special!

Sent on 11/02/2014

lisa · Married on 10/19/2014

Working with John was a pleasure, he took time to answer all of our questions ahead of the wedding, and more importantly did a great job during our ceremony. He was able to make my husband and myself feel at ease during the ceremony and really created a unique experience for us. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Meredith · Married on 10/11/2014

Ali provided me with very specific requests for my wedding desserts. I had a DIY cupcake bar with a variety of cupcake and icing flavors that she was able to work with me on. She was fantastic with everything including setting it up based off the theme of my wedding at the venue. She is a complete doll and an absolute joy to work with. I am in Tampa and the transportation was flawless. I highly recommend Her services to anyone for any occassion. Everything she bakes is as good as gold-mini Apple pies, cupcakes, cake pops, macaroons, banana bread-I've had the pleasure of tasting it all at different events and she has never disappointed. I've never been to a wedding where the dessert table was left so bare, until mine. There was more than enough for everyone at the wedding and just a handful left over. Call them today for any dessert need!

Sent on 10/18/2014