1840s Plaza Reviews

135 Reviews for 1840s Plaza

• Kori

Kori Stanley · Getting married on 05/30/2021

Birthday Party

Hosted my husband’s 30th birthday party here. Beautiful venue! All the guests loved it. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/28/2020

Regina Lewis · Married on 10/24/2020

Five Star Location

1840s Plaza was the most phenomenal place to host our wedding. The staff were incredibly easy to work as we planned and were super professional and pleasant on the day of. The event space was unbelievably gorgeous, making our dreams a reality after we put our finishing touches on it. Our October wedding could not have been any more beautiful. I would highly recommend this venue

Sent on 10/27/2020

Regina,
    Thank you for your lovely review of 1840s! Your wedding last weekend truly was unbelievable. We're happy we were able to help you create the event of your dreams. We hope we'll be able to host you and your new groom for your anniversary next year :)

Carol H Edgar · Married on 01/19/2020

Awesome Venue

A wonderful venue with many ceremony options. The beautiful and affordable Bed and Breakfast on-site accommodations made our wedding weekend memorable. We are planning to celebrate our first anniversary there.

Sent on 10/18/2020

Carol,
    Your wedding weekend was so beautiful! We're incredibly happy all your needs were met at 1840s and we'd love to welcome you back for your anniversary! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special moments.
  • Michael

Michael Cucina · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful Staff, Amazing Venue

We chose to get married at the 1840's Plaza back in October of 2017. We fell in love with the venue the minute we saw it. It's so unique and has so much character to it that we couldn't pass it up. The hotel accommodations were fantastic, the presentation of the courtyard and all three floors of the main building were fantastic, I couldn't have pictured a more beautiful wedding. The staff is truly the highlight of the venue. Stasia Cruz and Lauren Spivey are the best at what they do. We worked closely with Lauren throughout the planning process as well as Stasia on the day of/day after. I couldn't have asked for a more flexible, helpful, kind, and organized group of people to assist us. They truly helped make my wedding day as special as it could have possibly been. I would recommend the 1840's Plaza for any couples looking for a special Baltimore City venue, and I certainly would recommend working with Lauren and Stasia.

Sent on 10/16/2019

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations Aubrey and Michael! Your wedding turned out gorgeous! We are so thrilled that you selected to have your elegant black tie wedding with us! Stasia and myself do everything in our power to ensure that all of couples have the best experience possible! We hope you will come back and see us for your anniversary. We wish you a life time of happiness! Lauren
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect wedding day!

The 1840s plaza greatly exceeded our expectations for our wedding! Lauren and Stasia and the rest of the staff were awesome and super responsive to all of our concerns. All of our vendors were also super knowledgeable and worked well with the staff. The wedding went off without a stitch- a beautiful garden ceremony in the courtyard, cocktail hour in the lower courtyard and the reception in the unique and quirky city lites room. Couldn’t recommend more highly!

Sent on 11/12/2019

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations Emma and Mike!! Your gorgeous courtyard garden wedding was truly magical. We are thrilled that you selected City Lites for your reception space, it was a perfect fit. We hope that you will come back and stay with us for your anniversary at the 1840s Carrollton Inn. We wish you a lifetime of happiness! All the best, Lauren

Allison Kahl Chavis · Married on 09/21/2019

Great Historical Venue with So much to Offer.

The moment we visited we knew this was our venue. The staff was absolutely incredible and so easy to work with.

Sent on 11/14/2019

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations Allison and Devin! Your wedding was truly breathe taking! We are thrilled that you selected 1840s Plaza as your wedding venue. We hope that you will come back and stay with us for your anniversary at the 1840s Carrollton Inn. We wish you a lifetime of happiness. All the staff at 1840s.
  • jennipo32

Jennifer · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful venue in a convenient location in Downtown Baltimore. Great for out-of-town guests!

Although we reside in DC/MD/VA area, majority of our guests were from out of town, and we wanted to ensure convenience for them. Located in the Inner Harbor, the venue is close by the BWI airport, and right next to the venue is a hotel within a short walking distance. We had a room block with the hotel, and because of the proximity to the venue, our out-of-town guests did not need to rent a car and explored Downtown Baltimore. For guests driving to the venue, complimentary valet parking is provided the day of which was a big plus.

The 1840s staff are extremely professional, friendly and accommodating, especially Stasia, who served as our main POC. She made us feel like family.

It’s a great venue for photos, especially the backdrop of the Fava building. The Carrollton Inn is a very lovely getting ready spot day of and place to stay on the wedding night. The Carrollton Inn breakfast is sooo good - we had to throw this in as well!

Thank you 1840s for the great experience and memorable wedding day! And a special THANK YOU to Stasia!

Sent on 09/17/2019

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations Jennifer and Luis on your gorgeous wedding!! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our staff at 1840s Plaza! We love to welcome our couples in to our 1840s family during the planning stage. Our fabulous 13 rooms and suites at the 1840s Carrollton Inn are the perfect overnight accommodation for out of town guest or your wedding party to use to as a getting ready spaces. We hope you will come back and stay with us for your anniversary. We wish you a lifetime of happiness! Lauren

Arree · Married on 04/27/2019

July 2019 wedding

Lauren and Statia were great every step of the way. We can be a little indecisive so last minute mind changes were able to be accommodated. We also had to change details to ceremony location from outside courtyard to inside due to extreme heat conditions. The staff at the Inn were pleasant and made me feel very welcome. I stayed night before our wedding by myself and then my husband and I stay the night of our wedding

Sent on 11/20/2019

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations Arree and Regis on a beautiful wedding! All of the staff at 1840s love to go above and beyond in order to ensure your day goes perfectly! We do everything in our power to make sure your day is perfect if that means changing the ceremony locations the day of. We hope that you will come back and stay with us for your anniversary at the 1840s Carrollton Inn. We wish you a lifetime of happiness! All the staff at 1840s Plaza.
  • Rachel

Rachel Sybor · Married on 03/15/2019

Perfect venue in Downtown Baltimore!

1840s Plaza in incredible!! They have so many different options for receptions they can definitely make it work no matter what you need. They are on their game and so quick to respond. They will guide you through the process quickly and easily. I just cannot say enough!!

Sent on 03/26/2019

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations Rachel & Aaron! We are delighted that selected 1840s Plaza as your gorgeous wedding venue, the pictures the gorgeous! Our staff prides themselves on making sure we respond to our clients in a timely fashion. We hope that you will come back and celebrate with us at the 1840s Carrollton Inn! All the best, Lauren

Lina Pikis · Married on 03/09/2019

Best in town

We recently hosted a Quinceañera party for our daughter to celebrate her birthday. We looked at many places and finally settled for 1840s Plaza. The venue's historical charm suited our theme and wowed all the guests in attendance.
    The deciding factor in our choice was 1840s general manager- Stasia. She was beyond helpful, detail oriented and knowledgeable. She made us feel very comfortable from the minute we met, always with a smile on her face. We are very happy with the price quoted and services provided. The whole team at 1840s is great to work with.
    1840s Plaza is Baltimore's hidden gem...
    Thank you for the unforgettable night!
    Pikis Family

Sent on 10/21/2020

Sonia A · Married on 01/12/2019

Fabulous Family Event

Last December I was able to host two parties at 1840s Plaza for my family; a baby shower and a birthday party. Each party had about 35 people and was held in the ballroom. I was able to bring my own table cloths and decorate however I wanted! We had music, food, photos and a great time thanks to the staff at 1840s. I would host something there again!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning venue run by an amazing team

So glad that I found this wonderful venue! Every venue I saw after this one just didn’t compare. The outdoor courtyard was beautiful and perfect for our cocktail hour. The 4th floor ballroom was stunning and spaciously fit all 200 of our guest. The team at 1840s Plaza was so kind and flexible with us when it came to dropping off items before the ceremony. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride!!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Hello Amanda,

I hope married life is treating you well! We at 1840s Plaza loved your gorgeous wedding! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about your experience with us. We love the photos you attached, we can't wait to see the rest!

Cheers!

Parisa · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful venue and friendly staff!

We chose 1840's plaza as our venue for our October wedding. When we first visited the venue in January there were no flowers but I'm so happy I didn't pay for a florist as the by the fall, the courtyards were full of beautiful and unique flowers! Kelsey, Stacey, and Alexis were wonderful to work with and made sure I didn't have to worry about anything and the day of coordination was a life-saver. The only thing that we were kind of concerned about (but it ended up not being an issue) was that the valet parking included in our contract would be $250 additional cost if we had fewer than 35 cars using the service. But again, I think the cost still would have been worth it!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Hello Parisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review about your gorgeous October wedding at 1840s Plaza. Our gorgeous outdoor courtyards are beautiful no matter what time of year you select to have your event with. Our fabulous event staff are all season professionals to ensure that your day runs flawlessly. Our complementary valet parking for your guest is something our venue offers included in our weekend rentals. We apologize that the 35 car limit caused a slight panic. We hope that you consider coming back and staying with us again at the 1840s Carrollton Inn for your anniversary.

Cheers,

Tanya · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly recommended. Very accommodating. Definitely will be back. We loved everything. Kelsey was beyond helpful and just a real pleasure to work with. She really made our Wedding day special. We could not have asked for more. We will share some photos when we get them back.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Hello Tanya,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! We are so thankful that you selected 1840s Plaza as your venue for your wedding day. We loved having you and your guest stay with us at the 1840s Carrollton Inn! Kelsey is a true expert in all aspects of the wedding industry, we are thankful to have Kelsey apart of our team! We can not wait to see your beautiful pictures! Hopefully you will consider staying with us for your anniversary at the 1840s Carrollton Inn!

Lauren S.
    Marketing Director

Hannah · Married on 08/04/2018

Our wedding at 1840’s Plaza was absolutely perfect! We had the ceremony on the fourth floor and the reception on the second floor. The staff was extremely accommodating to all our requests! They worked well with all of our other vendors to make sure our wedding went smoothly. My bridesmaids and I got dressed in the Carrollton Inn and my husband and I stayed there the wedding night. The room (the Carroll Suite) was ready by 1:00pm as promised and was great for pictures. Having both a bedroom and sitting room was great for avoiding clutter in photos as well as making sure my four bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and I didn’t feel too crowded. The morning after the wedding, we were served a delicious breakfast in our room. My husband’s stomach was bothering him and they were kind enough to bring up seltzer and toast free of charge. Overall, I was extremely impressed. Every guest I talked to said how much they enjoyed the uniqueness of the venue. That was one of the reasons I chose it. It’s not your typical blank canvas wedding venue. It has a lot of personality while also giving the bride freedom to add personal details.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Hello Hannah,

Congratulations! Thank you so much for selecting 1840s Plaza as your venue. The attached pictures are gorgeous, we love how you added the pipe and drape to cover the mirrors for your ceremony. The 1840s Carrollton Inn has 13 wonderful rooms and suites perfect for your guest to used to get ready in. Our complementary made-to-order breakfast is the perfect way to start married life. We hope that you consider coming back and seeing us again for your anniversary!

Cheers,

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2018

I would give the venue, inn and staff a 10 if I could! 1840s Plaza made my wedding PERFECT, special, stress-free and beautiful. From the very beginning, Kellie was the sweetest, helping us discuss the different options at the Plaza and taking us for a tour of the courtyards and ballroom. I had envisioned a vintage style wedding, with an outdoor ceremony which is exactly what the Plaza provided smack dab in the middle of downtown Baltimore. We held our ceremony in the long lower courtyard, our cocktail hour in the smaller upper courtyard and the reception on the fourth floor ballroom. This venue is unique and has so much character, it created a special wedding celebration unlike any I have experienced. I worked closely with Kelsey to organize the big day. She was SO responsive through email and over the phone, incredibly accommodating, making the whole experience stress-free and simple! I felt like we became friends by the time the weekend ended. My maids and I stayed in the Carrolton Suite on Friday night and used the gorgeous/large suite to get ready in on Saturday - which made for great pics in our robes! My husband and I then stayed there Saturday night. The Inn is connected to the Plaza making everything very convenient. The MTO breakfast was delicious, delivered to the room exactly when we wanted. We had impeccable service, absolutely no complaints! Stasia worked the day of the event, she was incredible. I can't express how helpful she was, from assuring me the rain would stop and we would have a sunny ceremony (which we did), to fluffing my train, to walking me through the back of the venue so I wouldn't be seen by my fiance and guests. SHE WAS AMAZING! She totally knew what she was doing, a seasoned wedding coordinator! I can't thank the whole team enough for making my wedding everything I dreamed it would be.

Sent on 06/11/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations to the newlyweds! We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding weekend at the Carrollton Inn and wedding reception at the 1840s Plaza. The pictures you shared are just stunning we can't wait to see the rest! Your dress was beautiful and we loved your adorable hashtag! We are glad all of our staff was attentive and ready to handle any situation - we try our best to make everything perfect for such a special day. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Come back and see us to at the Carrollton Inn to celebrate your anniversary!

Casey · Married on 05/26/2018

We genuinely cannot say enough good things about the 1840's Plaza venue, and the amazing staff that runs it!! The venue itself is amazing and pretty much speaks for itself. The plaza is a historical Baltimore landmark and has so much natural beauty and character. The Hilton Fairfield is right next door and available for room blocks, making transportation not necessary, which we loved! The Carrollton Inn is attached to the Plaza, where we had our immediate family members stay for an extra special experience. The rooms are very luxurious and unlike anywhere else in the city, as it is furnished with vintage furniture and beautiful architecture. We got married in the large courtyard with its luscious greenery, held our cocktail hour in the charming upper courtyard, and our reception took place in the gorgeous ballroom. It was everything that we could have ever imagined and more. The staff members are incredible. Stasia and Kelsey were always so accommodating to our needs and readily available to contact via email or phone instantly. We added an extra hr 1 mon before! We had an internationally wedding and coordinating rooms and guest accommodations was made very easy thanks to these individuals. They were able to get us in touch with the Fairfiled Inn for our room block when we were initially having difficulty. We had a little bit of a rowdy crowd in that everyone was very excitable and on vacation and the Plaza staff provided the most amazing service without a single complaint. On the day of our wedding, it began to rain during the ceremony hour. The staff knew how important it was for me to get married outside and when it started to rain they began to set up the backup option on the second floor. However, when the rain looked like it was going to slow down to a stop, they quickly air dried and toweled the outside area and changed it back knowing how important it was to us. We can't say enough good things about this venue and their staff. They made our day so special!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Casey,

Congratulations!! We are so happy you enjoyed your big day at 1840s Plaza and had such a great experience with our staff! We were happy we could help make your dream wedding possible by being flexible at the last minute to dry off your ceremony chairs. Our staff is always ready to go above and beyond to help make your day perfect. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and hope you come back to visit us at the 1840s Carrollton Inn to celebrate your anniversary!

pamela · Married on 05/19/2018

We hosted my daughter's wedding cocktail hour and wedding reception at 1840s Plaza and had a wonderful experience. I simply can't say enough good things about the event staff. They were attentive, well organized, and anticipated our every need. The venue was perfect for our 135 guests and the rain plan for the cocktail hour went off like a charm. The ballroom is spacious, with a good sized dance floor and the decor is neutral enough to go with any color palette. The bride and groom spent the weekend in the bridal suite at the Carrolton Inn and it was lovely. They raved about the service and the quality of the accommodations. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/28/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations to the newlyweds! We are so happy that they enjoyed their wedding weekend at the Carrollton Inn and wedding reception at the 1840s Plaza. The pictures you shared are just stunning! We are glad our staff was attentive and ready to handle any situation - we try our best to make everything perfect for such a special day. Wishing them a lifetime of love and happiness! Hopefully they will come back to the Carrollton Inn to celebrate their anniversary!

J Cruz · Married on 05/05/2018

Amazing wedding venue!

My wife and I had our wedding at the Plaza a few years ago. I still smile when I think about how perfect it was! Our ceremony was offsite, but we had cocktails in the courtyard and our reception in the ballroom. Our guests were blown away by the ballroom's beauty and were happy with the food! The best part of the entire experience was the staff... they helped my wife and I plan everything in advance so that we could enjoy ourselves during our big day. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/29/2020

Megan · Married on 04/29/2018

Great experience. Loved the courtyard and City Lites.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Maria · Married on 04/07/2018

Had my daughter’s wedding reception in the ballroom and it was amazing. The room is beautiful on its own with the unique architecture and the awesome views take it up a notch. Everyone here is exceptional and dedicated to customer service. They are accommodating and responsive! Kelsey and Stacia were so attentive and sweet! It was wonderful to work with them!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Maria,
    We are so happy that your daughter's wedding day was so perfect! The pictures are gorgeous!! We can't wait to see the rest! We are wishing the newlyweds a lifetime of love and happiness. We truly enjoyed working with you and all of the other vendors on board for this beautiful wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 03/24/2018

1840s was the best wedding venue we possibly could have picked. The staff was professional, helpful, and accommodating — when my vows went missing 10 minutes before the wedding, Stasia leapt into action and instructed me to print them back at their main office where she had a member of her team waiting to sprint them across the plaza over to the venue floor. We used the 2nd floor for the ceremony and reception, and the first floor for the cocktail hour and all of our guests kept telling us how beautiful and unique the space was. They loved the murals and all the fun details, and we loved that the space required minimal decorating! Just a few uplights from the caterer and the space was ready to party.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Rebecca,
    Thanks for the amazing review!! We are so happy your special day was absolutely perfect. As you experienced, our staff is always ready to jump in wherever necessary (including printing and running your vows across to the other building) at the last minute! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and hope you come back to visit us in the future for other special occasions!

Miranda Filkins · Married on 02/18/2018

This place was amazing

I planned my wedding in about a month. I was so lucky that the 1840s Carrollton Inn had the day I wanted open. It was more than I imagined it would and everything was great! Kelsey was great at coordinating the whole thing. Everyone there is so accomodating and nice. I couldn’t have asked for a better venue! We stayed at the Inn for our wedding night and it was incredible. The amazing, giant bathtub was the best part! They breakfast they send to your room is delicious! I honestly love this place. My husband and I will be back to stay again!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Hi Miranda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our staff at 1840s Plaza. We are thrilled that we had your date open and were able to make your wedding day everything you had imaged. Our staff loves to go above and beyond in order to make your wedding day flawless. Our rooms and suites at the 1840s Carrollton Inn take the stress away from having drive to the venue the day of your wedding. Instead you are already relaxing with breakfast in your room. We hope that you will come back and see us for your anniversary!

Brittany · Married on 12/30/2017

My husband and I held our reception here for 200 people on 12/30 and it was nothing short of perfect. We used the 2nd floor for our cocktail hour, which was absolutely amazing. It gave us the ability to spend less $ on decor since the room itself is so great. Our reception was upstairs on the 4th floor (ballroom) and it was stunning! We worked with Kelsey at 1840's who was super responsive, professional, fun, and made the experience better than I could have ever imagined. I highly recommend the bride + groom stay in the Carroll Suite the night of the wedding for the convenience and because it's gorgeous. My bridesmaids and I stayed the night before and got ready there as well, and the pictures are going to be perfect. Definitely choose 1840's! You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/22/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day!! All of your vendors were great to work with and we can't forget the best part....S'MORES BAR! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Enjoy your new adventure as a married couple!