1840s Plaza Reviews

1840s Plaza 5
1840s Plaza 6
1840s Plaza 7

Parisa · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful venue and friendly staff!

We chose 1840's plaza as our venue for our October wedding. When we first visited the venue in January there were no flowers but I'm so happy I didn't pay for a florist as the by the fall, the courtyards were full of beautiful and unique flowers! Kelsey, Stacey, and Alexis were wonderful to work with and made sure I didn't have to worry about anything and the day of coordination was a life-saver. The only thing that we were kind of concerned about (but it ended up not being an issue) was that the valet parking included in our contract would be $250 additional cost if we had fewer than 35 cars using the service. But again, I think the cost still would have been worth it!

Sent on 10/18/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Hello Parisa, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review about your gorgeous October wedding at 1840s Plaza. Our gorgeous outdoor courtyards are beautiful no matter what time of year you select to have your event with. Our fabulous event staff are all season professionals to ensure that your day runs flawlessly. Our complementary valet parking for your guest is something our venue offers included in our weekend rentals. We apologize that the 35 car limit caused a slight panic. We hope that you consider coming back and staying with us again at the 1840s Carrollton Inn for your anniversary. Cheers, Lauren

Tanya · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly recommended. Very accommodating. Definitely will be back. We loved everything. Kelsey was beyond helpful and just a real pleasure to work with. She really made our Wedding day special. We could not have asked for more. We will share some photos when we get them back.

Sent on 08/26/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Hello Tanya, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! We are so thankful that you selected 1840s Plaza as your venue for your wedding day. We loved having you and your guest stay with us at the 1840s Carrollton Inn! Kelsey is a true expert in all aspects of the wedding industry, we are thankful to have Kelsey apart of our team! We can not wait to see your beautiful pictures! Hopefully you will consider staying with us for your anniversary at the 1840s Carrollton Inn! Thank you, Lauren S. Marketing Director

Hannah · Married on 08/04/2018

Our wedding at 1840’s Plaza was absolutely perfect! We had the ceremony on the fourth floor and the reception on the second floor. The staff was extremely accommodating to all our requests! They worked well with all of our other vendors to make sure our wedding went smoothly. My bridesmaids and I got dressed in the Carrollton Inn and my husband and I stayed there the wedding night. The room (the Carroll Suite) was ready by 1:00pm as promised and was great for pictures. Having both a bedroom and sitting room was great for avoiding clutter in photos as well as making sure my four bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and I didn’t feel too crowded. The morning after the wedding, we were served a delicious breakfast in our room. My husband’s stomach was bothering him and they were kind enough to bring up seltzer and toast free of charge. Overall, I was extremely impressed. Every guest I talked to said how much they enjoyed the uniqueness of the venue. That was one of the reasons I chose it. It’s not your typical blank canvas wedding venue. It has a lot of personality while also giving the bride freedom to add personal details.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    1840s Plaza 11
    1840s Plaza 12
    1840s Plaza 13
    1840s Plaza 14
    1840s Plaza 15
    1840s Plaza 16

1840s Plaza's reply:

Hello Hannah, Congratulations! Thank you so much for selecting 1840s Plaza as your venue. The attached pictures are gorgeous, we love how you added the pipe and drape to cover the mirrors for your ceremony. The 1840s Carrollton Inn has 13 wonderful rooms and suites perfect for your guest to used to get ready in. Our complementary made-to-order breakfast is the perfect way to start married life. We hope that you consider coming back and seeing us again for your anniversary! Cheers, Lauren

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2018

I would give the venue, inn and staff a 10 if I could! 1840s Plaza made my wedding PERFECT, special, stress-free and beautiful. From the very beginning, Kellie was the sweetest, helping us discuss the different options at the Plaza and taking us for a tour of the courtyards and ballroom. I had envisioned a vintage style wedding, with an outdoor ceremony which is exactly what the Plaza provided smack dab in the middle of downtown Baltimore. We held our ceremony in the long lower courtyard, our cocktail hour in the smaller upper courtyard and the reception on the fourth floor ballroom. This venue is unique and has so much character, it created a special wedding celebration unlike any I have experienced. I worked closely with Kelsey to organize the big day. She was SO responsive through email and over the phone, incredibly accommodating, making the whole experience stress-free and simple! I felt like we became friends by the time the weekend ended. My maids and I stayed in the Carrolton Suite on Friday night and used the gorgeous/large suite to get ready in on Saturday - which made for great pics in our robes! My husband and I then stayed there Saturday night. The Inn is connected to the Plaza making everything very convenient. The MTO breakfast was delicious, delivered to the room exactly when we wanted. We had impeccable service, absolutely no complaints! Stasia worked the day of the event, she was incredible. I can't express how helpful she was, from assuring me the rain would stop and we would have a sunny ceremony (which we did), to fluffing my train, to walking me through the back of the venue so I wouldn't be seen by my fiance and guests. SHE WAS AMAZING! She totally knew what she was doing, a seasoned wedding coordinator! I can't thank the whole team enough for making my wedding everything I dreamed it would be.

Sent on 06/11/2018
    1840s Plaza 17
    1840s Plaza 18
    1840s Plaza 19

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations to the newlyweds! We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding weekend at the Carrollton Inn and wedding reception at the 1840s Plaza. The pictures you shared are just stunning we can't wait to see the rest! Your dress was beautiful and we loved your adorable hashtag! We are glad all of our staff was attentive and ready to handle any situation - we try our best to make everything perfect for such a special day. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Come back and see us to at the Carrollton Inn to celebrate your anniversary!

Casey · Married on 05/26/2018

We genuinely cannot say enough good things about the 1840's Plaza venue, and the amazing staff that runs it!! The venue itself is amazing and pretty much speaks for itself. The plaza is a historical Baltimore landmark and has so much natural beauty and character. The Hilton Fairfield is right next door and available for room blocks, making transportation not necessary, which we loved! The Carrollton Inn is attached to the Plaza, where we had our immediate family members stay for an extra special experience. The rooms are very luxurious and unlike anywhere else in the city, as it is furnished with vintage furniture and beautiful architecture. We got married in the large courtyard with its luscious greenery, held our cocktail hour in the charming upper courtyard, and our reception took place in the gorgeous ballroom. It was everything that we could have ever imagined and more. The staff members are incredible. Stasia and Kelsey were always so accommodating to our needs and readily available to contact via email or phone instantly. We added an extra hr 1 mon before! We had an internationally wedding and coordinating rooms and guest accommodations was made very easy thanks to these individuals. They were able to get us in touch with the Fairfiled Inn for our room block when we were initially having difficulty. We had a little bit of a rowdy crowd in that everyone was very excitable and on vacation and the Plaza staff provided the most amazing service without a single complaint. On the day of our wedding, it began to rain during the ceremony hour. The staff knew how important it was for me to get married outside and when it started to rain they began to set up the backup option on the second floor. However, when the rain looked like it was going to slow down to a stop, they quickly air dried and toweled the outside area and changed it back knowing how important it was to us. We can't say enough good things about this venue and their staff. They made our day so special!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Casey, Congratulations!! We are so happy you enjoyed your big day at 1840s Plaza and had such a great experience with our staff! We were happy we could help make your dream wedding possible by being flexible at the last minute to dry off your ceremony chairs. Our staff is always ready to go above and beyond to help make your day perfect. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and hope you come back to visit us at the 1840s Carrollton Inn to celebrate your anniversary!

pamela · Married on 05/19/2018

We hosted my daughter's wedding cocktail hour and wedding reception at 1840s Plaza and had a wonderful experience. I simply can't say enough good things about the event staff. They were attentive, well organized, and anticipated our every need. The venue was perfect for our 135 guests and the rain plan for the cocktail hour went off like a charm. The ballroom is spacious, with a good sized dance floor and the decor is neutral enough to go with any color palette. The bride and groom spent the weekend in the bridal suite at the Carrolton Inn and it was lovely. They raved about the service and the quality of the accommodations. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/28/2018
    1840s Plaza 20
    1840s Plaza 21
    1840s Plaza 22
    1840s Plaza 23

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations to the newlyweds! We are so happy that they enjoyed their wedding weekend at the Carrollton Inn and wedding reception at the 1840s Plaza. The pictures you shared are just stunning! We are glad our staff was attentive and ready to handle any situation - we try our best to make everything perfect for such a special day. Wishing them a lifetime of love and happiness! Hopefully they will come back to the Carrollton Inn to celebrate their anniversary!

Megan · Married on 04/29/2018

Great experience. Loved the courtyard and City Lites.

Maria · Married on 04/07/2018

Had my daughter’s wedding reception in the ballroom and it was amazing. The room is beautiful on its own with the unique architecture and the awesome views take it up a notch. Everyone here is exceptional and dedicated to customer service. They are accommodating and responsive! Kelsey and Stacia were so attentive and sweet! It was wonderful to work with them!

Sent on 04/09/2018
    1840s Plaza 24
    1840s Plaza 25
    1840s Plaza 26

1840s Plaza's reply:

Maria, We are so happy that your daughter's wedding day was so perfect! The pictures are gorgeous!! We can't wait to see the rest! We are wishing the newlyweds a lifetime of love and happiness. We truly enjoyed working with you and all of the other vendors on board for this beautiful wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 03/24/2018

1840s was the best wedding venue we possibly could have picked. The staff was professional, helpful, and accommodating — when my vows went missing 10 minutes before the wedding, Stasia leapt into action and instructed me to print them back at their main office where she had a member of her team waiting to sprint them across the plaza over to the venue floor. We used the 2nd floor for the ceremony and reception, and the first floor for the cocktail hour and all of our guests kept telling us how beautiful and unique the space was. They loved the murals and all the fun details, and we loved that the space required minimal decorating! Just a few uplights from the caterer and the space was ready to party.

Sent on 04/02/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Rebecca, Thanks for the amazing review!! We are so happy your special day was absolutely perfect. As you experienced, our staff is always ready to jump in wherever necessary (including printing and running your vows across to the other building) at the last minute! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and hope you come back to visit us in the future for other special occasions!

Brittany · Married on 12/30/2017

My husband and I held our reception here for 200 people on 12/30 and it was nothing short of perfect. We used the 2nd floor for our cocktail hour, which was absolutely amazing. It gave us the ability to spend less $ on decor since the room itself is so great. Our reception was upstairs on the 4th floor (ballroom) and it was stunning! We worked with Kelsey at 1840's who was super responsive, professional, fun, and made the experience better than I could have ever imagined. I highly recommend the bride + groom stay in the Carroll Suite the night of the wedding for the convenience and because it's gorgeous. My bridesmaids and I stayed the night before and got ready there as well, and the pictures are going to be perfect. Definitely choose 1840's! You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/22/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day!! All of your vendors were great to work with and we can't forget the best part....S'MORES BAR! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Enjoy your new adventure as a married couple!

Monica · Married on 10/28/2017

We used 1840's for our wedding this past October and they were everything we could have asked for! They were very accommodating, friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The venue is beautiful, we had our ceremony in the upper garden, our cocktail hour outside in the lower garden and the reception upstairs in the Ballroom. Everything was perfect. The hotel just across the street makes it super easy for guests to just walk to the venue and convenient for out of town guests (which 90% of ours were) I would highly recommend getting the carol suite at the bed and breakfast for your wedding day (we did both friday and Saturday nights just to have access to the room for the entire morning of the wedding - although they seemed more than willing to allow hair and makeup etc to start earlier in other spaces there) and it was totally worth it! The room is absolutely perfect for getting ready in and we have some really good pictures of the girls getting to peek out of the window to watch our first look. I really can't say enough about how great the staff was and how easy they were to work with. They even made an awesome chalkboard sign for the entrance with all of the parties information. HIGHLY recommend! Pictures were stunning! Also, do the brick! They offer the ability to get your name and wedding day put on one of their bricks in the entryway when you walk into the venue, on the day of the wedding they had a heart drawn around it in chalk so people could see it when they walked in. Can't wait to go back and see it on anniversaries! (Also - credit to Laura's Focus Photography for the awesome photos of the day!)

Sent on 01/31/2018
    1840s Plaza 32
    1840s Plaza 33
    1840s Plaza 34

1840s Plaza's reply:

Monica, Thanks for such a wonderful review from your wedding at 1840s! Your pictures are stunning! Our boutique hotel connected by courtyard to our venue is a great way to take off the stress of having to get ready and get to your ceremony and reception on time! It's also super convenient for your guests to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites because it is not even a block from our venue. We are happy the tiny details such as the custom chalkboard and heart around your personalized brick are something that made your wedding day that much more memorable. We hope that you will come back to visit us for other special occasions. Wishing you both many years of love and happiness! Congratulations!

Courtney · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with my wedding at the 1840's Plaza. I recently got married here on October 14, 2017 and I loved everything about it. The staff was incredibly helpful. I worked with Kelsey leading up to my wedding day and the day of. She was so helpful and took care of the little details so that I didn't need to worry about anything on my special day. We stayed at the Carrollton Inn next door which was fabulous. It was so beautiful and convenient for getting ready. The staff at the Inn was so accommodating and welcoming. We had our ceremony in the courtyard and our reception upstairs in the ballroom. This is such a beautiful venue and it looks amazing in my wedding photos.

Sent on 11/15/2017
    1840s Plaza 35
    1840s Plaza 36
    1840s Plaza 37

1840s Plaza's reply:

Courtney, Thanks so much for hosting your wedding day at 1840s Plaza! It was our honor to be a part of such a beautiful celebration. Our staff is always ready to go the extra mile to make sure that your wedding day is absolutely perfect. Thanks for sharing photos and your experience with future couples to read about. We hope that you come back to celebrate your anniversary at the Carrollton Inn! Wishing you many many years of love and happiness!

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2017

We had our Oct 7, 2017 wedding reception here and absolutely loved it!! Worth every penny!! Everyone was very helpful and friendly...it made for a great day!!

Sent on 02/20/2018

1840s Plaza's reply:

Lisa, Thanks for the great review! We are glad your day was perfect and our staff was able to assist and make it an easy and fun planning process! We look forward to showing off your beautiful photos on social media and our website. Wishing you many many years of love and happiness!
  • User6147223 · 1+ year ago

The professionalism of the staff is wonderful, the venue I definitely would recommend you'll fall in love. I was extremely pleased.

Sent on 08/11/2017

1840s Plaza's reply:

Thanks for hosting your event at 1840s Plaza! We appreciate your positive feedback and hope that you keep us in mind for any other future events you may have!

Kara · Married on 07/15/2017

I'm so happy I had my wedding here! The event spaces are absolutely unique and gorgeous. It was nice being able to stay at the inn and have everyone get ready there. The Fairfield Inn is across the street which was great for out of town guests. Everyone at the 1840s was kind and flexible. Their team is extremely knowledgeable and worked well with my caterer to put on a great wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2017

1840s Plaza's reply:

Kara, Thanks for having your wedding at 1840s Plaza!! We are so happy that you had the best possible experience with our staff and the vendors you chose for your event! Please come back to visit us at the 1840s Carrollton Inn to celebrate other special occasions in the future. Congratulations and best of luck as you and your husband start this new chapter in your lives together!

Lindsey · Married on 06/10/2017

Not only was 1840's Plaza a beautiful venue but their team went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. Their team served as the point person for all our vendors so we didn't have to worry about anything the day of!

Sent on 06/26/2017

1840s Plaza's reply:

Lindsey, Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience with 1840s Plaza! Our staff is always ready to go above and beyond to help make your day absolutely perfect! We hope you come back to visit us again and have a relaxing getaway at our B&B!

Chris · Married on 05/28/2017

Our wedding at 1840's was perfect! It was the first place we toured when selecting a venue, and despite checking a few other places out, we ended up coming back to book our date - great decision! We were supposed to have the ceremony outside in the upper courtyard, cocktail hour in the lower courtyard, and the reception in the ballroom. Mother Nature didn't cooperate and the rain forced the ceremony inside, but because no other weddings were booked, we were able to have the ceremony and cocktail hour in the City Lights room. This turned out wonderful! The reception in the ballroom was perfect, and we received so many compliments from our guests about the location. We had all of the rooms in the Inn booked up that evening from our wedding group, so we were able to take the courtyard over in the late evening for a little post-wedding gathering and patio party. Lots of fun!

Diana and Kelsey were terrific to work with. Very accommodating and friendly. We can't say enough about the experience at 1840's and will definitely be back to stay at the Inn for special occasions in the future!

Sent on 07/06/2017

1840s Plaza's reply:

Chris, Thanks for such a fantastic review!!! We are so happy our staff was able to help make your day run seamlessly! It is great that your guests took over the Inn and had were able to congregate in the courtyards after your event. We are looking forward to your next visit to our B&B to celebrate other special occasions in the future. Best of luck and wishing you many many years of happiness throughout the journey of your marriage!! Thanks again for sharing your experience at 1840s Plaza!

JEAN · Married on 05/05/2017

When my daughter got engaged we began looking at venues. We looked at multiple places and I came across the 1840s Plaza and my daughter added it to the list of places to visit. We scheduled a visit to look at the place and when we arrived everyone was so helpful. It is a lovely location and after the walk through our daughter and son-in-law decided that it was perfect for them - and I was thrilled with the pricing. They also offer rooms at the B&B at half price if you use their venue - the rooms are gorgeous, spotless, and so convenient to the venue.
    We had the reception in the City Lights room (the room has a very cool original Baltimore diner on the backside of the bar which was perfect for the buffet line and later the desserts). We were supposed to have the ceremony in the upper courtyard and the cocktail reception in the larger lower courtyard but due to the weather turning, literally an hour before the wedding, they worked with the caterers to get everything moved indoors at the last minute. It was perfect!
    They worked with us every step of the way and were extremely accommodating in so many ways. They helped set up all of the little extras - pictures on the shelves of the wall going up the main staircase, the memory table, etc. They allowed us to get into the bridal room early, they held items for us overnight so that we could enjoy the evening, and the list goes on.
    I would especially like to thank Kelsey - it was the first event that she handled on her own and she did it like a true pro! We could not have asked for a better day, a better venue, or a better team to work with - they made everything SO easy and my daughter and son-in-law could not have been happier with how everything turned out! Thank you again!

Sent on 06/01/2017

1840s Plaza's reply:

Jean, Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your daughter and son-in-laws wedding at 1840s Plaza! We are glad our staff was able to assist and help make this weekend absolutely perfect! Wishing our newlyweds a lifetime of happiness and love! We hope to see you again for a B&B stay at the 1840s Carrollton Inn.

Alyssa · Married on 09/17/2016

Couldn't have been happier with 1840's Plaza for our wedding ceremony & reception! I already knew how much I loved the space (upper courtyard-ceremony, lower courtyard-cocktail hour, and City Lights floor-reception) but the staff was above & beyond what I'd hoped for (and needed for) the whole weekend. Everything from the venue just went so smoothly, including coordination with our outside vendors, and I'm surprised to say nothing at ALL went wrong during our entire wedding weekend. Stasia was clearly a very experienced & knowledgeable wedding planner/coordinator, and helped me (a quite clueless bride) figure out so many small details and the best flow for everything from start to finish. Dianna was also so helpful in planning some of our pre-wedding meetings and plans. Additionally, I stayed in the 1840's Carroll Suite the night before to have as my bridal suite to get ready in the day of the wedding, with my fiance and I staying there that night after our reception. I loved every part of my wedding and wouldn't have changed a thing, and all our guests told us how much they loved the City Lights space. And most of all - its location was so convenient to the nearby hotels and some other restaurants/bars, it was very convenient for our mostly out-of-town guests to not have to travel or figure out any complicated logistics. From ceremony rehearsal Friday night to checking out Sunday morning, I honestly have no complaints whatsoever and highly recommend the 1840's Plaza complex for any Baltimore wedding.

Sent on 10/10/2016

1840s Plaza's reply:

Alyssa, Thanks so much for reviewing 1840s Plaza! We are so happy that your wedding was flawless and our staff was able to be helpful and assist you with your wedding planning! We wish you a lifetime of happiness and hope that you come to visit us again in the future for a B&B getaway!

Matthew · Married on 08/13/2016

Our wedding at 1840s was amazing and the venue and staff played a huge part. We worked with Kelsey, Gaye, and Diana on the day of and they were professional, well-organized, and really made us feel comfortable. The venue itself was perfect--exactly what we wanted. The staff at 1840s were super-flexible with us as we made some last minute changes, including moving the ceremony from the lower courtyard to the upper courtyard as our numbers allowed. Since there were no other events there that day, we were also allowed to use the entire space, which gave us some extra flexibility for photographs. We were very happy with everything at 1840s and would definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/05/2016

1840s Plaza's reply:

Matt, Thanks for spending such a special day with us the 1840s Plaza! Our staff enjoyed working with you and Whitney throughout the planning process of your wedding! Thank you for reviewing your experience. We hope you come back to visit and wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Y

Yesenia · Married on 08/06/2016

1840 was everything and more!!!!! first, the STAFF was AMAZING Diana was with us the entire time before the weeding. Any questions she was always available to answer every question. on the day of the wedding they were on point. Words can not express the love I felt from the entire staff. The closer it got the start they will come and check on me and tell me that everything was ready to go! I for sure love love this place.

Love The Hills!

Sent on 08/18/2016

1840s Plaza's reply:

Thank you for spending such a special day at the 1840s Plaza and leaving an amazing review!! Our staff truly enjoyed this event, and we are happy we were able to provide you with such exceptional service. We wish you both many many years of happiness! Congratulations!

Molly · Married on 05/29/2016

Ever since I visited 1840s Plaza, I knew it was my dream venue. I was so very lucky to have my dream come true this year, as I held my May wedding in the courtyard with the reception in the City Lites area. The team at 1840s is friendly and professional, and you can't beat the many options they offer based on the style of your event. Photos can't even do justice to the gorgeous space!

Sent on 07/07/2016

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations! We are so happy that your dream wedding became a reality! We appreciate your review and wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Nancy · Married on 09/19/2015

My daughter had her reception here last week and I highly recommend this venu. Stasha was so professional and went out of her way to be a great wedding coordinator, she knows her venue and is always willing to help in any way. The room was beautiful and the grounds were keep real nicely. We had the best time and all things went off without a hitch! We had the ceremony on the upper courtyard and the cocktail hour on the lower courtyard and the venue on the 4th floor ballroom! All of our guest had a wonderful time. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/21/2015

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations to your daughter! We appreciate your feedback. It is always such a wonderful thing to get reviews from happy parents as well as happy couples. Sending best wishes and a lifetime full of happiness and love to the newlyweds! We hope they come back to celebrate other special occasions in the future.

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

1840's was an amazing place to have our wedding! The staff is so friendly and really willing to work with you. The venue itself has such character and is so beautiful. The staff goes above in beyond on your wedding day. Stasia was our event coordinator there and she was amazing! My bridesmaids were having trouble bustling my dress and she stepped in and helped. So grateful! She also got us food during the cocktail hour to make sure we got chance to eat. The staff there is very detailed oriented and made sure things run smoothly throughout the night. Would recommend 1840's to all my friends who are getting married!

Sent on 07/20/2015

1840s Plaza's reply:

Congratulations! We are so happy your special day went smoothly and was everything you wanted. Our staff at 1840s is always ready to go above and beyond to help make your day perfect! We wish you the best of luck and hope you come back to visit us in the future!