104 Reviews for 1840s Plaza

Covered Outdoor (1)
Bridal Suite (1)
Wireless Internet (1)
104 1840s Plaza Reviews

My husband and I held our reception here for 200 people on 12/30 and it was nothing short of perfect. We used the 2nd floor for our cocktail hour, which was absolutely amazing. It gave us the ability to spend less $ on decor since the room itself is so great. Our reception was upstairs on the 4th floor (ballroom) and it was stunning! We worked with Kelsey at 1840's who was super responsive, professional, fun, and made the experience better than I could have ever imagined. I highly recommend the bride + groom stay in the Carroll Suite the night of the wedding for the convenience and because it's gorgeous. My bridesmaids and I stayed the night before and got ready there as well, and the pictures are going to be perfect. Definitely choose 1840's! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Wireless Internet, Indoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Valet

We used 1840's for our wedding this past October and they were everything we could have asked for! They were very accommodating, friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The venue is beautiful, we had our ceremony in the upper garden, our cocktail hour outside in the lower garden and the reception upstairs in the Ballroom. Everything was perfect. The hotel just across the street makes it super easy for guests to just walk to the venue and convenient for out of town guests (which 90% of ours were) I would highly recommend getting the carol suite at the bed and breakfast for your wedding day (we did both friday and Saturday nights just to have access to the room for the entire morning of the wedding - although they seemed more than willing to allow hair and makeup etc to start earlier in other spaces there) and it was totally worth it! The room is absolutely perfect for getting ready in and we have some really good pictures of the girls getting to peek out of the window to watch our first look. I really can't say enough about how great the staff was and how easy they were to work with. They even made an awesome chalkboard sign for the entrance with all of the parties information. HIGHLY recommend! Pictures were stunning! Also, do the brick! They offer the ability to get your name and wedding day put on one of their bricks in the entryway when you walk into the venue, on the day of the wedding they had a heart drawn around it in chalk so people could see it when they walked in. Can't wait to go back and see it on anniversaries! (Also - credit to Laura's Focus Photography for the awesome photos of the day!)

Photos
Profile Picture Monica, 10/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Valet, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Event Planning

The professionalism of the staff is wonderful, the venue I definitely would recommend you'll fall in love. I was extremely pleased.

Profile Picture User6147223, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Valet, Event Planning, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Indoor

I'm so happy I had my wedding here! The event spaces are absolutely unique and gorgeous. It was nice being able to stay at the inn and have everyone get ready there. The Fairfield Inn is across the street which was great for out of town guests. Everyone at the 1840s was kind and flexible. Their team is extremely knowledgeable and worked well with my caterer to put on a great wedding!

Profile Picture Kara, 7/15/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Not only was 1840's Plaza a beautiful venue but their team went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. Their team served as the point person for all our vendors so we didn't have to worry about anything the day of!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

Our wedding at 1840's was perfect! It was the first place we toured when selecting a venue, and despite checking a few other places out, we ended up coming back to book our date - great decision! We were supposed to have the ceremony outside in the upper courtyard, cocktail hour in the lower courtyard, and the reception in the ballroom. Mother Nature didn't cooperate and the rain forced the ceremony inside, but because no other weddings were booked, we were able to have the ceremony and cocktail hour in the City Lights room. This turned out wonderful! The reception in the ballroom was perfect, and we received so many compliments from our guests about the location. We had all of the rooms in the Inn booked up that evening from our wedding group, so we were able to take the courtyard over in the late evening for a little post-wedding gathering and patio party. Lots of fun!

Diana and Kelsey were terrific to work with. Very accommodating and friendly. We can't say enough about the experience at 1840's and will definitely be back to stay at the Inn for special occasions in the future!

Profile Picture Chris, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When my daughter got engaged we began looking at venues. We looked at multiple places and I came across the 1840s Plaza and my daughter added it to the list of places to visit. We scheduled a visit to look at the place and when we arrived everyone was so helpful. It is a lovely location and after the walk through our daughter and son-in-law decided that it was perfect for them - and I was thrilled with the pricing. They also offer rooms at the B&B at half price if you use their venue - the rooms are gorgeous, spotless, and so convenient to the venue.
We had the reception in the City Lights room (the room has a very cool original Baltimore diner on the backside of the bar which was perfect for the buffet line and later the desserts). We were supposed to have the ceremony in the upper courtyard and the cocktail reception in the larger lower courtyard but due to the weather turning, literally an hour before the wedding, they worked with the caterers to get everything moved indoors at the last minute. It was perfect!
They worked with us every step of the way and were extremely accommodating in so many ways. They helped set up all of the little extras - pictures on the shelves of the wall going up the main staircase, the memory table, etc. They allowed us to get into the bridal room early, they held items for us overnight so that we could enjoy the evening, and the list goes on.
I would especially like to thank Kelsey - it was the first event that she handled on her own and she did it like a true pro! We could not have asked for a better day, a better venue, or a better team to work with - they made everything SO easy and my daughter and son-in-law could not have been happier with how everything turned out! Thank you again!

Profile Picture JEAN , 5/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Couldn't have been happier with 1840's Plaza for our wedding ceremony & reception! I already knew how much I loved the space (upper courtyard-ceremony, lower courtyard-cocktail hour, and City Lights floor-reception) but the staff was above & beyond what I'd hoped for (and needed for) the whole weekend. Everything from the venue just went so smoothly, including coordination with our outside vendors, and I'm surprised to say nothing at ALL went wrong during our entire wedding weekend. Stasia was clearly a very experienced & knowledgeable wedding planner/coordinator, and helped me (a quite clueless bride) figure out so many small details and the best flow for everything from start to finish. Dianna was also so helpful in planning some of our pre-wedding meetings and plans. Additionally, I stayed in the 1840's Carroll Suite the night before to have as my bridal suite to get ready in the day of the wedding, with my fiance and I staying there that night after our reception. I loved every part of my wedding and wouldn't have changed a thing, and all our guests told us how much they loved the City Lights space. And most of all - its location was so convenient to the nearby hotels and some other restaurants/bars, it was very convenient for our mostly out-of-town guests to not have to travel or figure out any complicated logistics. From ceremony rehearsal Friday night to checking out Sunday morning, I honestly have no complaints whatsoever and highly recommend the 1840's Plaza complex for any Baltimore wedding.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at 1840s was amazing and the venue and staff played a huge part. We worked with Kelsey, Gaye, and Diana on the day of and they were professional, well-organized, and really made us feel comfortable. The venue itself was perfect--exactly what we wanted. The staff at 1840s were super-flexible with us as we made some last minute changes, including moving the ceremony from the lower courtyard to the upper courtyard as our numbers allowed. Since there were no other events there that day, we were also allowed to use the entire space, which gave us some extra flexibility for photographs. We were very happy with everything at 1840s and would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Matthew, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

1840 was everything and more!!!!! first, the STAFF was AMAZING Diana was with us the entire time before the weeding. Any questions she was always available to answer every question. on the day of the wedding they were on point. Words can not express the love I felt from the entire staff. The closer it got the start they will come and check on me and tell me that everything was ready to go! I for sure love love this place.

Love The Hills!

Profile Picture Yesenia, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Chairs

Ever since I visited 1840s Plaza, I knew it was my dream venue. I was so very lucky to have my dream come true this year, as I held my May wedding in the courtyard with the reception in the City Lites area. The team at 1840s is friendly and professional, and you can't beat the many options they offer based on the style of your event. Photos can't even do justice to the gorgeous space!

Profile Picture Molly, 5/29/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs

My daughter had her reception here last week and I highly recommend this venu. Stasha was so professional and went out of her way to be a great wedding coordinator, she knows her venue and is always willing to help in any way. The room was beautiful and the grounds were keep real nicely. We had the best time and all things went off without a hitch! We had the ceremony on the upper courtyard and the cocktail hour on the lower courtyard and the venue on the 4th floor ballroom! All of our guest had a wonderful time. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Nancy , 9/19/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Parking, Valet

1840's was an amazing place to have our wedding! The staff is so friendly and really willing to work with you. The venue itself has such character and is so beautiful. The staff goes above in beyond on your wedding day. Stasia was our event coordinator there and she was amazing! My bridesmaids were having trouble bustling my dress and she stepped in and helped. So grateful! She also got us food during the cocktail hour to make sure we got chance to eat. The staff there is very detailed oriented and made sure things run smoothly throughout the night. Would recommend 1840's to all my friends who are getting married!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved this venue and Stasia and Dianna were AMAZING to work with! Stasia and Dianna were with us through the entire process! From the first day we went to see the venue, to figuring out our date and pricing, to allowing us to visit the venue several times in between, running our rehearsal and the wedding day as well, they were always available! My sister in law is a day of planner, and she told me that there are a lot of venues that say they will have people there helping the day of the wedding, but most actually don't... that was not the case with 1840s. Dianna was there to help with all the behind the scene details the day of, and both of them were always available to answer all of my questions... and there were lots :) We rented the entire venue to have a 'rain plan' for our Ceremony, but the weather was amazing and we didn't have to use it. We got married in the large Courtyard, had Cocktail hour in the first floor Cabaret, and had the Reception in the fourth floor Ballroom. There are so many cool spaces at this venue and it gives you a lot of ability to be creative and decorate it however you would like! Also... it's hard to come across a Ballroom with WINDOWS! The natural light for a summer wedding was amazing!

I also stayed at the Carrollton Inn the night before my wedding, got ready there the day of the wedding, and stayed there on my wedding night. The space was elegant/regal and there was plenty of room for lots of girls to be moving around and getting ready all at once. The Inn isn't cheap, but it was very convenient to be able to get ready just steps away from the Ceremony and Reception! My wedding day was everything I could hope for and more and all of the staff at the venue were very helpful and accommodating!

Profile Picture User4238504, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The 1840s Ballroom was wonderful. They were very responsive and flexible, always making suggestions to improve our time there.

Profile Picture User5145694, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From Stashia down to Diane and the girl ( I am sorry I didn't get your name) it was fantastic....My tenting company dropped the ball on some things and they sprung into action and took care of everything. I have dealt with Stashia on many occasions professionally as well. She is wonderful and my daughters wedding was gorgeous and spectacular

Profile Picture Kelly, 1/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great event location for our wedding in the City Lights hall. Everyone was very helpful, friendly, accommodating, and professional.

Profile Picture Allison, 1/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing experience at this venue. They were able to accommodate us in many different ways with their flexibility. The courtyard was beautiful. My husband and I had booked a room for our wedding night and they ending up upgrading us (breakfast was great too!). Stacia was a gem- so great to work with. It is an amazing place for pictures, and very seamless. I would definitely have my wedding here if I were to do it all over again!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment I visited this venue I fell in love with it! Our wedding ceremony was held in the gorgeous lower courtyard of 1840s and the reception was held in the Ballroom on the 4th floor. The venue and staff are amazing! Stasia is the best coordinator, she was professional and on top of her game! I received so many complaints about the 1840s Plaza from many guests who stated it was a beautiful venue. We were so happy with everything, THANK YOU so much for making our wedding great :)

Profile Picture Jess, 5/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We found the perfect venue for our wedding reception at 1840's. We had the cocktail hour on the ground floor and dinner and dancing in City Lites. The staff was wonderful to work with. We enjoyed working with the staff at 1840's. We are Baltimore natives so City Lites was just a wonderful room for the reception and our guests (natives and non-Baltimore natives) loved it too!

Profile Picture User4210626, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was beautiful, & the staff was wonderful. Stasia Cruz was our main person we dealt with. She was always very helpful, & managed our very large function with ease. The day of the wedding staff were on the ball the whole time. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Ilene, 11/30/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The 1840"a was an awesome place to hold our wedding and reception! From the moment we arrived everything was simply perfect. The staff was there for our every need, they kept checking in with us to see if we needed anything and if we did it was taken care of right away. We also stayed in the Inn along with our entire bridal party. The service that was provided to us and all of our guest was above and beyond what we expected! I would highly recommend the 1840"s to anyone looking for a great venue for your event.

Sincerely,
Sharon

Profile Picture Sharon and Tonya, 11/2/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the City Lites room and it was amazing! All of our pictures look great because the back drop was so beautiful. Stasia and the rest of the team were awesome every step of the way. Devin was incredibly helpful and so polite when we were setting up. I do think it would be nice if the Carrollton Inn would give guests a discounted rate after a certain number of rooms are booked but, otherwise, the value for the actual venue is reasonable considering location and convenience.

My only complaint is that we chose to have the valet not accept tips from the guests and that we would tip them based on a per car charge (this is an option on the contract) but I found out when I went to pay the valet at the end of the night that they were accepting tips all night. I'm not sure where the miscommunication was but, overall, not a huge deal.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with the 1840's Plaza the moment we walked in! We figured out our wedding size, and have a few options of venue that could hold a wedding our size, and as it happened, 1840's was the first place we looked at on a day of touring venues. Once we got to the City Lites level, we were totally sold. We wanted something a little more unique that a big rectangular ballroom, and this venue was perfect for our needs. At that point all of the other venues we toured, though lovely, just couldn't compare. All aspects of planning were a breeze with Stasia and Dianna, and when possible, the team was totally flexible! As it turned out, we had our ceremony in the courtyard, cocktail hour in the Cabaret, and reception in the City Lites. We had a cocktail reception, so we didn't have to worry about seating for everyone, so City Lites was the perfect fit for the reception of our dreams. We didn't have any significant problems to speak of, and we're happy to sing the praises of a fabulous venue!

Profile Picture Robbie, 6/21/13, 14 Reviews