108 Mariposa Bonita Cove, Austin, TX 78633 Map · Phone number

About Your Getaway Guru

G’Day Mate, Kia Ora, La Orana,

I am the owner and operator of a home-based Austin, Texas Travel Company specializing in custom travel to Australia, Hawaii, New Zealand and French Polynesia. Since 2005 my mission and purpose has been to use my extensive travel knowledge, experience, resources, and attention to detail to enhance every aspect of my client’s travel. I began my business concentrating on helping couples plan great honeymoons and over the years expanded my company to include all types of luxury getaways including groups and or incentive travel for corporations. In the last five years I have also established strategic relationships with several independent contractors to assist clients wishing to plan a cruise, travel to Europe or experience one of the many Disney products. I travel often as do my colleagues, so I can offer recommendations that are based on personal experience and professional collaboration.

In my spare time I enjoy watching a good basketball or football game and spending time with my wife and our two Doberman kids.

Skip Neal

33570c91abdd3f38 YGG GIF
img1668

36 Reviews for Your Getaway Guru

Angel · Married on 01/12/2018

If you read nothing else I write, read this. Hiring a travel agent is FREE! No gimmicks or upgrades. Why wouldn't you at the very least call and speak to one? Having a travel agent isn't just a luxury. It's the smartest thing you can do for yourself and your trip.

Skip helped us put together a FABULOUS dream vacation to Italy for our 10 year anniversary. From the first phone call to start planning to the day we got home everything went smoothly. He was always quick to respond, personal and worked with the budget we gave him.

I'm a wedding / event planner so I'm a very detailed person and have always planned our small family trips but there are so many things to consider for your first international flight. Getting passports, knowing which airports to fly in/out of, how long of a layover is enough time, how to travel between cities, setting up tours in a city where you don't speak the language, what to do when you're there. Skip sat down with us before we left to go over our itinerary and each activity along the way. He helped us avoid potentially major mishaps by making recommendations along the way for how to handle or plan for things. Including the worst, when we left a bag inside a car that had dropped us off from the airport to our hotel. The bag had our electronics, itinerary, tickets & passports inside it. I calmly picked up the phone and made a call thanks to the information, advice and prep Skip had given me before we left.

Could I have planned this trip by myself? Maybe. But knowing the ins and outs of traveling is what he is an expert in and he can save you time and so much stress along the way. We saw some of the most amazing pieces of history, immersed ourselves in the culture, ate some of the best foods and had such a relaxing experience the whole time. Truly it was a dream vacation and one we will never forget and we have Skip to think for that. I have no reservations in recommending him to my clients and using his services personally again.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I worked with Skip from Your Getaway Guru to plan our honeymoon. Previously, we had never used an agency to plan any type of vacation. Skip had a lot of knowledge and advice regarding an all-inclusive adult only resorts in the Caribbean. He was extremely helpful helping us locate a resort in our budget. Skip was so great to work with that we are in the process of using him again for a trip to Cancun. We had a wonderful time/experience on our honeymoon. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Bryan · Married on 10/03/2015

Skip, was such a delight to work with, He truly made our honeymoon the perfect escape from reality.
    He even had surprises lined up for us upon arrival.

Sent on 02/05/2016

Your Getaway Guru FAQ

• What types of travel do you specialize in?
    Destination Weddings
    Honeymoons
    Luxury Trips
    Romantic Trips
  • What destinations do you specialize in?
    Australia / New Zealand
    Caribbean
    Hawaii
    Mexico
    Pacific Islands
  • What travel services do you provide?
    Travel Insurance

• Bill Bastas Photographer Wedding Photographers

Wherever you want to go for your honeymoon...the Guru is the team to get you there.

• AustinDJ.org - SoundSource Entertainment
    AustinDJ.org - SoundSource Entertainment Wedding DJs

SoundSource Dj Service (www.AustinDJ.org or www.SoundSourceDJService.com) highly recommends this company! Need a DJ for your special event? Call Brian at 877-266-6935 x709 or 512-213-4990 to receive a $75 off coupon for using this vendor.

• All About Honeymoons Travel Agents

You can count on the All About Honeymoons team to make all of your honeymoon dreams come true!

• 108 Mariposa Bonita Cove Austin, TX, 78633 See on map
    Location of (Your Getaway Guru)