Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm

Burgettstown, PA View map

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farms is a wedding venue located in Burgettstown, PA. When Brenda Inches’s Granddaughter got engaged, she knew right away that she wanted to get married at her grandmother’s farm. So, Brenda fully renovated the barn to create the perfect day for her Granddaughter. Now Brenda is excited to host prospective newlyweds at their 140-acre Farm. Home to mature landscaping, pond with gazebo and authentic barn, couples will fall in love with the tranquility and simplicity of this unique place. Located just 27 miles from Pittsburgh, it combines a calming countryside setting with convenient accessibility.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$7,800

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Clean Up
Lighting/Sound
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables
Transportation

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Barn
Farm/Ranch
Garden

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Photo booth
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October
illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor
    4.3 out of 5 rating

Katie J. Married on 07/06/2022
    5 out of 5 rating

Great Customer Service

I attended the open house and a tour of this beautiful venue. Brenda and Debbie were extremely helpful and educational. They took the time to explain all of my wedding options in detail and were very accommodating in finding a day/time to complete a contract. Everything has been easy sailing! I would highly recommend! Definitely a must see venue!

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Katie.
    I am glad we were able to accomodate you for your special day and to make it stress free.
    Rachel Married on 05/22/2021
    5 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Venue

My fiancé and I looked at Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm and this venue and property is absolutely beautiful and stunning. Brenda was so sweet and kind with answering all of our questions and was so understanding of our situation. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm's reply:

It was my pleasure to have you and your fiancé tour Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm. Looking forward to helping make your day special
    Raeanna Married on 07/24/2020
    2 out of 5 rating
      1.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      1.0 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating

She hit my guests, threw water at them, stole my photos...but the barn is beautiful

I was the first wedding at Whispering Dreams:

Leading up to the wedding, Brenda - the owner, was very kind and cooperative with me, as I was planning my wedding from out of state. She insisted on having no contract, that everything would be easygoing - that should have been my first sign - but I went onward.

The day of the wedding was beautiful. Her farm is beautiful, she had allowed me to come decorate the barn the day before and everything was perfect.

I didn’t learn until a few days after the wedding, that apparently my ten year old cousin was throwing rocks in the field to see how far he could throw (he stopped when he was told, he is just a kid, and my mother picked up the rocks) however Brenda did not that think was adequate, she apparently smacked the ten year old. When my god father approached her about it, she threw water on him in his suit. I had a stressful week - I let it go.

A week went by and my photographer had messaged me asking me if Brenda was allowed to use the photos she took for publicity reasons - after everything that happened, I said no. Screen shots of these photos later appeared on my timeline from Brenda. I decided to vaguely post to my own timeline that I was uncomfortable with other people sharing my photos - not mentioning anybody by name. Brenda privately messaged me and told me that she "thought it was understood that she could use my pictures.” I didn’t reply, again, I let it go.

Tonight, Brenda messaged me asking to review her venue. I messaged her back about the events that had transpired and about photos - she told me that she was “sorry I felt that way," denied hitting the kid (multiple guests witnessed it), and denied posting my photographer's photos (they were still blatantly on her timeline).

So my review of the venue: it is beautiful; however, the venue owner: hit a child during my reception, threw water at my guests, stole my photographers photos without permission, and was just overall rude and disrespectful as soon as the check cleared.
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
1504 Smith Township Road Rt 18 Burgettstown, PA, 15021
Location of (Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm)

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm?

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Chairs
  • Clean Up
  • Lighting/Sound
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables
  • Transportation

What are the most important characteristics of Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm for wedding events is known for:
  • Barn
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Garden

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm for wedding events?

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm offer?

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm offer for wedding events?

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm offers the following services for wedding events:
  • All Inclusive Packages
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up

What furniture and decorations does Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm have available for wedding events?

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Aisle Markers
  • Photo booth
  • Tables
  • Tents
  • Tent Accessories

What percentage of users recommend Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Whispering Dreams at Star Lakes Farm is recommended by 66% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.0 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.3 in flexibility, 4.3 in average response time, 4 in value, 3.7 in quality of service and 3.7 in professionalism.

Other vendors in Pittsburgh for your wedding

Wedding Venues