2650 Virginia Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037 Map · Phone number

About The Watergate Hotel

The Watergate Hotel is a modern yet historic luxury hotel and wedding venue with a premier location on the Potomac River. The hotel was originally built in 1967 by famed architect Luigi Moretti. Over the decades, it has become an iconic Washington DC property and host to many glamourous and memorable events.

Our team will assist you in creating a unique celebration that is distinctly your style - incorporating modern trends to time-honored traditions. The Watergate Hotel offers both indoor and outdoor event spaces for a variety of settings and party configurations. Enjoy the 5-star service that can only be provided by a legendary luxury hotel. Contact our team today to begin planning your one-of-a-kind celebration.

Facilities and Capacity

Able to accommodate up to 380 people, The Watergate Hotel gives each couple the chance to select the event space that matches their ideal wedding. Have a remarkable outdoor ceremony on the rooftop terrace, sporting views of the setting sun over the Potomac River. The Moretti Grand Ballroom is a 6,800-square-foot space that boasts a modern design through its unique starlight ceiling and lighting system, bold accent walls and stylish palette.

The Watergate Hotel is a full-service wedding venue with on-site catering and event coordination available. Their services include:

• Accommodations
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound
  • Linens

Location

The Watergate Hotel is located near the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on the banks of the Potomac River. This great location allows for you and your guests to be a short distance from the National Mall, Georgetown Waterfront Park and a wide range of local restaurants.

Follow The Watergate Hotel on

Elegant Wedding setting
watergate ceremony2 51 740011

7 Reviews for The Watergate Hotel

Tiffany · Married on 09/28/2019

Stunning, unique, modern hotel venue for wedding

My husband and I both have very busy jobs and knew right off the bat that we wanted a hotel wedding for the convenience of having everything for the day-of in one place (catering, lodging, ceremony, reception). We chose the Watergate Hotel because we wanted an iconic, modern and elegant venue and this hotel blew us away. It is absolutely stunning with PLENTY of photograph opps for the 'gram (rooftop, whiskey bar, grassy terraces, watergate entrance sign, library, moretti ballroom with the starry night lights), and located conveniently in the Georgetown/Foggy Bottom area. The bridal suite is AMAZING, with a wrap around balcony overlooking the Potomac River. It is also big enough to accommodate getting ready for large bridal parties (I had 10 bridesmaids plus my mother and mother-in-law, and 4 hair/make-up people). I had both my ceremony and reception there and the entire process was seamless.

One point of frustration that I do need to make is that there was a lot of turnover in our main point of contact. We had 5 different venue coordinators between the time we signed our contract and the day of our wedding (over a span of one year). This was particularly frustrating because there was not always sufficient transition between coordinators, so I had to schedule multiple meetings to ensure the details of our contract and remind them of exceptions that had been agreed to which may not have been captured in writing. That being said, I believe that high turnover is unfortunately common in this industry, and it does not seem that any of these coordinators left for reasons due to the venue itself. My final coordinator, Sarah Nester, was absolutely amazing, professional, and extremely attentive to our needs. She made sure to remember little details like my husband's request to have his own slice of red velvet cake (the actual wedding cake that everyone else had was chocolate). The hotel was also very accommodating in allowing early check in for a majority of my wedding party, and provided us and our parents with complimentary treats the day of. The actual wedding ended up running very smoothly and exceeded our expectations. It is a bit pricy but was pretty on par with other luxury hotels in DC.

Sent on 10/13/2019

The Watergate Hotel's reply:

Dear Tiffany,

This is so wonderful to read. It was truly my pleasure to be there for you and Gabe on your day. Your guests and family were a true delight, and your speeches made even ME tear up! You both are so loved and it was a delight to witness.

Thank you so much for choosing The Watergate Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your anniversary and other life celebrations!

Sarah Nester

sugar · Married on 10/07/2017

Perfection at every level. Michelle and the entire Watergate team were attentive to our needs and no detail was left forgotten. We had the party of our lives and continue to receive compliments from our guests about how much fun they had. Rooms were great, food was great. Recommend the filet for dinner. This is the place in DC to have a 5 star wedding.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Catalina · Married on 09/09/2017

When I first toured the Watergate Hotel, the reception room was filled with boxes; the hotel was undergoing extensive renovations. All I could see were the marble slabs at the front of the room and the beautiful ceiling. But I was hooked, and we reserved a date with the hotel - June 3, 2017. A few months before our wedding, my fiance (at the time) became ill, and after months of doctor's visits and treatment, we weren't sure we could have everything ready by June 3. Everyone at the Watergate was so understanding and we moved the date to September 9, 2017 - just recently! The staff was so friendly and so professional. They were all committed to keeping an open line of communication with me, my now-husband and my family. If we had a question (no matter how silly), they would answer it. They granted almost every single request we had - I say "almost" because the handful (and I mean I think I can count it on one hand) of requests that weren't possible were for reasons completely outside of their control. One of my good friends who used to work weddings said that my wedding at the Watergate was one of the smoothest, effortless, well-planned weddings she had ever experienced from the guest side. I couldn't agree more. It was a beautiful day and one we'll remember for a lifetime!!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Award

The Watergate Hotel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 20000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 20000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 1500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 1500.00
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Historic Building
    Hotel
    Rooftop
    Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Aisle Runners
    Drapery
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Chocolate Fountain
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access

• 2650 Virginia Avenue NW Washington, DC, 20037 See on map
    2028271600 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Watergate Hotel)

The Watergate Hotel frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of The Watergate Hotel in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Watergate Hotel for wedding events is known for:

• Ballroom
  • Historic Building
  • Hotel
  • Rooftop
  • Waterfront

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Watergate Hotel for wedding events?

The Watergate Hotel offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:

• Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does The Watergate Hotel offer?

The Watergate Hotel offers the following types of wedding events:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Watergate Hotel offer for wedding events?

The Watergate Hotel offers the following services for wedding events:

• Lighting / Sound
  • Outside Vendors
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Watergate Hotel have available for wedding events?

The Watergate Hotel offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:

• Aisle Runners
  • Drapery
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Watergate Hotel and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Watergate Hotel is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5.0 in quality of service, 4.9 in professionalism, 4.8 in flexibility, 4.7 in average response time and 4.7 in value.