The Watergate Hotel

2650 Virginia Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About The Watergate Hotel

The Watergate Hotel is a modern hotel and wedding venue catering to the needs of couples getting married in Washington D.C. The staff’s goal is to try to infuse modern trends with time-honored traditions to help you have a magical wedding celebration. Providing you with a romantic and sophisticated atmosphere, The Watergate Hotel allows for you to utilize both indoor and outdoor event spaces to best fit your needs. This historical building has been renovated with mid-century contemporary architecture in mind, giving you a premier location within the city limits. Contact this vendor today to begin planning your one-of-a-kind celebration.

Facilities and Capacity

Able to accommodate up to 380 people, The Watergate Hotel gives each couple the chance to select the event space that matches their ideal wedding. Have a remarkable outdoor ceremony on the rooftop terrace, sporting views of the setting sun over the Potomac River. The Moretti Grand Ballroom is a 6,800-square-foot space that boasts a modern design through its unique lighting system, bold accent walls and silver and black color palette.

The Watergate Hotel is a full-service wedding venue with on-site catering and event coordination available. Their services include:

• Accommodations
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound
  • Linens

Location

The Watergate Hotel is located near the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on the banks of the Potomac River. This great location allows for you and your guests to be a short distance from the National Mall, Georgetown Waterfront Park and a wide range of local restaurants.

Follow The Watergate Hotel on

The Watergate Hotel 5
The Watergate Hotel 6
The Watergate Hotel 7

Catalina · Married on 09/09/2017

When I first toured the Watergate Hotel, the reception room was filled with boxes; the hotel was undergoing extensive renovations. All I could see were the marble slabs at the front of the room and the beautiful ceiling. But I was hooked, and we reserved a date with the hotel - June 3, 2017. A few months before our wedding, my fiance (at the time) became ill, and after months of doctor's visits and treatment, we weren't sure we could have everything ready by June 3. Everyone at the Watergate was so understanding and we moved the date to September 9, 2017 - just recently! The staff was so friendly and so professional. They were all committed to keeping an open line of communication with me, my now-husband and my family. If we had a question (no matter how silly), they would answer it. They granted almost every single request we had - I say "almost" because the handful (and I mean I think I can count it on one hand) of requests that weren't possible were for reasons completely outside of their control. One of my good friends who used to work weddings said that my wedding at the Watergate was one of the smoothest, effortless, well-planned weddings she had ever experienced from the guest side. I couldn't agree more. It was a beautiful day and one we'll remember for a lifetime!!!

Kimberly · Married on 09/02/2017

If I could give 10 stars I would! My Husband and I hosted a cocktail party Labor Day weekend at Kingbird celebrating our elopement. Words cannot describe how pleased I am with the service provided by the Watergate Hotel. I planned the party from Florida and working with Michele Dure-Chavis (Catering Sales Manager) was an effortless experience. Michele, together with Michael Oakes (Banquet Manager) and their team flawlessly took care of every detail. The only thing we had to do on the day of our event was show up and have a good time. And that we did! My guests are still reaching out to me about the wonderful service, delicious food, strong drinks (wink), and exquisite ambiance. I cannot thank this hotel enough for bringing our vision to life and far exceeding our expectations. One word to describe my experience with the Watergate Hotel---perfection. If you're looking for an upscale, modern venue that will have all your guests in awe, this is the place!

The Watergate Hotel 8

The Watergate Hotel FAQ

• How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound
  • What event items are available? Chairs