The Rare Affair

View map

My name is Jennifer Pearl and I am the owner of The Rare Affair. In all of my years as an Event Director, I have come to gain a certain talent for keeping a bride calm. A couple of years ago, one venue manager asked me, very seriously, "how many bad brides have you had?" I thought for a moment and said with all honesty - "none". To my surprise, she said that I hadn't been in the business long enough. I don't think so. I have been in the business for over ten years in both the corporate and private event industries. I have learned to prepare for an event thoroughly. Plan for what could happen and always be prepared for it if it does. My brides trust their event in my hands. They are relaxed, laughing and doing what they expected to do on their wedding day - enjoying a really, really great event. Because of this, I was dubbed - The Bride Whisperer. When the first vendor called me this, I thought it was silly. But then I had another and then another and well, it stuck. It became my underground nickname. To be honest, the reason for our high client satisfaction, is my staff prides itself on service. We make sure that your entire bridal party has staff tending to their every need. We explain what will happen throughout the night making sure people know where they need to be and when. We diligently keep your event on time making vendors happy but most importantly - your guests have a great time celebrating with you! I am now proud of this nickname because it shows that we know how to put those fires out - and in many cases, you'll never know whats gone on behind the curtain. But we're there. For you, your family and your guests.

Here is just a short list of the crazy, behind the scenes fun! I have been known to climb under sticky trolley benches looking for cell phones, cleaned an aisle full of ornately swirled rose petals before Mass (which started fifteen minutes after the ceremony), dug through cluttered warehouses full of props, watching a tent set up for hours - in the rain. I've walked through pastures in rubber boots measuring for dancefloors, done the dishes when the caterer "forgot" and left, watched the live tornado warning while the Bride is steps from the aisle, bandaged a knee for a guest who missed a step, ran for extra toilet paper, cleaned makeup off gowns, applied deodorant, booked hair at the last minute (literally) due to a stylist no show, quieted a child during the vows (with Goldfish, of course) and have been known to keep some doggy treats in my pockets - just in case. I am that kind of wedding director. The hotel won't do that, neither will the golf club. Sadly, your best friends won't either - they are all dolled up too! Maybe your Dad will, but he's already stressed! Let us be your runner! We LOVE it! Besides, I'm not late, snooty, over priced, side eyed or snarky - just absolutely experienced in what may come.

Your once in a lifetime, honestly fun friend who just made sure

"your wedding was awesome!"??

Michelle Married on 08/14/2010
    I cannot say enough good things about Jennifer. Hiring her as our wedding planner was the best decision we made. She is so knowledgeable, she can tell you the best band, where to get your dress and everything in between but more importantly she knows how to keep the wedding party happy, how to remove stains from your dress, and how to get everyone down the aisle smiling, no matter how nervous they are. She even bandaged up one of my guests who got a cut on their leg!
    She saved us way more money than it cost to hire her and she made our lives easier throughout the entire planning process. I can safely say that hiring Jennifer guarantees an overall great wedding experience.
    Father L. Married on 06/25/2010
    Wonderful person to work with. Very professional but a lot of fun too.
    Michael Married on 06/05/2010
    Jennifer is a true professional!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Atmosphere & Floral Design By Tammy Becker Atmosphere & Floral Design By Tammy Becker Wedding Florists

Monee is amazing... She takes your ideas and creates a perfect invitation to match your event and style!!!

Calligraphy by Angela Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of The Rare Affair to make your Wedding Day that very special day you always wanted,that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for many years to come. ~~ Angela Neik, www.calligraphybyangela.com Dallas Calligrapher 214 957 2155

New Hampshire Photo Fun Booth New Hampshire Photo Fun Booth Photo Booths

Jennifer and her staff are excellent! They are both effective and efficient; they know their stuff and know how to get it done. Working with The Rare Affair is always a pleasure. In fact, it's like working with your friends; Jennifer has a charismatic personality and a knack for connecting with people. Having worked with her on multiple occasions, I have seen the relationship that she forms with her clients and their friends/family; they also treat her as a friend/family. That says a lot to me about her personalized approach to helping couples plan their wedding. I recommend The Rare Affair without hesitation!

Location of (The Rare Affair)

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding