Alexandria, VA 22301 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Plannery

The Plannery is a boutique wedding planning and coordination company led by me, Katie Wannen—a DC-based professional who believes high quality is achievable at any budget. At The Plannery, there are no "shoulds"— my team is here to support and nurture each unique client. As practical, down-to-earth planners and coordinators, we're here to shoulder the stress and insanity so you can relax, enjoy, and party your ass off! Our business style is friendly, real, creative, and open-minded, where inspiration is more important than aspiration and where the priority is spending money in a smart and conscious way. We fully support marriage equality, and giddily enjoy planning weddings and other events for everyone.

wbw0325

The Plannery 3
The Plannery 4

Sam O · Married on 10/06/2018

Organized, professional, and effective

My partner and I hired Tarra as our month-of coordinator for our wedding. Tarra is an organized professional and great person to work with, and I cannot recommend her more highly. Tarra coordinated with all of our vendors and the venue the month before the wedding and made everything (deliveries, timeline, details we hadn't even thought of) go so smoothly.

On our wedding day, we had time to enjoy ourselves and talk to our guests because Tarra was behind the scenes making sure everything flowed perfectly for us. We had unforeseen problems with other vendors, including a shuttle that did not come back at the end of the night to pick up our guests and an overabundance of alcohol that needed to be packed into cars, and Tarra handled every mini crisis with grace and professionalism, staying late with our parents to make sure that all loose ends were tied up.

Overall, Tarra went above and beyond in communicating with difficult and unreliable vendors, working with our family members, and hustling like crazy on the day of our wedding. Hiring the Plannery and Tarra was the best decision we made by far and Tarra was central to the success of our wedding day.

Kylene · Married on 09/15/2018

Working with The Plannery and Tarra specifically, was nothing short of amazing. We hired her to help with the day of coordination, which really started with pulling things together from a month out. I reached out to her during a few hiccups along the way during the planning and she was super helpful and responsive even though I was outside the month of mark. She made the day of no stress and if anything came up, I had no idea. I truly felt like I could sit back and enjoy my wedding and not have to worry and that is the best feeling. I highly recommend working with Tarra and The Plannery!

Adam · Married on 09/01/2018

Katie was an absolute delight to work with. Her insights were the right balance: just enough to keep us motivated and making the decisions we needed to make (and calming, to let us know how to prioritize decisions) but not at all pushy or invasive. The vendors she sourced from her deep network - photographer, cake, flowers, catering, linens and rentals among them - were all extraordinary. We brought some of our own ideas and extras, like a live performer and other touches that she embraced and completely took ownership of to ensure everything was seamless. And importantly as a gay couple, we felt that she was as supportive and affirming as could be (something that cannot be said of all planners) and in going through her sourcing, we knew that all vendors she proposed would be similarly supportive. We cannot rate her highly enough!

The Plannery 5

• What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 7,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 80.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for? Ceremony, Reception
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 2