4742 Suffolk Ct., Ventura, CA 93003 Map · Phone number

About the open blossom

Our wedding flowers live at the intersection of natural beauty, trendy design elements, and rustic accents, with a touch of classic elegance wherever desired. Our greatest assets are our ability to listen carefully to our customers' ideas and our modern design skills, which combine to make our customers' visions, and nobody else's, become reality.

Although our shop is relatively new, we have more than 10 years experience in designing wedding flowers and custom floral arrangements for all occasions.

Please call our store at 805-648-3333 or email us at mel@theopenblossom.com or visit the open blossom website for more information about our ways to make your wedding flower memories last a lifetime.

Follow the open blossom on

weddingnewexample19
weddingnewexample19
weddingnewexample22

32 Reviews for the open blossom

Rhonda · Married on 10/16/2016

Outstanding florist. Creative and open. She design beautiful centerpieces and the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. She was great at listening and developing the ideas into reality for the wedding. Thank you, Melanie for all beautiful floral arrangements you created for our wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Alisha · Married on 07/23/2016

We happily used Melanie (the Open Blossom) for our wedding. The flowers came out beautifully. Melanie is very easy to work with - I will use her again for my florst needs.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Mel is a pleasure to work with. She is responsive on email and by phone, open to your ideas but willing to direct you, and dedicated to doing a great job. She was willing to work with me on my very small, destination wedding and made planning from afar easy. She is also much more reasonably priced than the florists I looked into in the Santa Barbara area (and I think a lot of her work is more beautiful, creative, and modern). Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/11/2016

the open blossom FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 135.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 55.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 15.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 60.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 90.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 2,400.00
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Eclectic, Glamorous, Modern, Rustic, Tropical
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide? Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Centerpieces, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals

• Social Belle Designs
    Social Belle Designs Wedding Planners

As an event designer I have worked with Melanie for many events: weddings, wedding proposals, galas, and I have used her for personal flowers as well. I cannot say enough good things about Melanie! I appreciate her creativity; I show up with a picture of what I want, then pick it apart, and explain that I want something completely different, somehow she knows exactly what is in my brain and makes it come alive! I had one couple hire her for their destination wedding because they could not find anyone in that location that understood exactly what they wanted like Melanie could. Melanie is not only creative, but she is also down to earth and very easy to work with! She responds to emails and phone messages quickly- which is hard to find among many wedding vendors. She makes clients feel at ease during consultation meetings, and is great at listening to their needs instead of forcing her ideas on to them. You will be in great hands when you choose Melanie as your floral designer!

• 4742 Suffolk Ct. Ventura, 93003 See on map