Boone, NC 28607 Map · Phone number

About The Elegant Event

The Elegant Event is a professional event planning service in the North Carolina High Country specializing in weddings, rehearsal dinners, bridal luncheons, and so much more! We have a talented team to handle all of your planning and design needs with packages to fit every budget. If you would like more information, please send us a message or call 828-773-0449.

Follow The Elegant Event on

The Elegant Event 5
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Turner · Married on 11/02/2019

LOVED my experience!

I am very much a type-A personality and I thought that would carry over into my wedding planning. What I found instead was that I had a crippling anxiety and decision fatigue that made me feel so overwhelmed and not know where to start.

Enter Megan and her team. From my first conversation with her, I KNEW she was the one to help me with this process. I lived in a different state and didn't meet her until halfway through my planning, but she was incredibly helpful and always available to answer my questions. More importantly, she was always willing to talk to my parents, who in all honesty, did a lot of the planning and legwork for me. She answered their call every time they had a question and wanted to bounce ideas off of, even meeting in person several times since they are local.

When she found out partway through my planning stage that she was pregnant, I was honestly nervous. Who would be there on my big day? Everyone recommended The Elegant Event specifically because they thought Megan and I would click. I was so nervous but Megan's team was amazing on the big day.

Wedding planners/coordinators are expensive, but The Elegant Event was worth EVERY PENNY.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Simona

Simona · Married on 10/12/2019

Charlie's Angels Have Nothin' On You...#dreamteam

On October 12th, we had the wedding of our dreams and I cannot imagine our day without the Elegant Event team. We booked them as our day-of-coordinators and it was the best decision we ever made! During the planning portion of our wedding, we had ongoing communication with Megan Drake. Our wedding venue was near Boone, NC but we had to plan our big day all the way from Boston, MA. This process was seamless thanks to Megan! You guys, her knowledge, professionalism, reliability and down-to-earth nature are everything you need in an excellent wedding planner. Megan will go above and beyond for you! That’s just who she is. Days after giving birth to her beautiful baby girl, she was at our rehearsal to make sure everything went smoothly. Can you believe that?

On our big day, the day-of-coordinators, Liz and Lara, were phenomenal! They took such good care of us – physically and emotionally! They handled all the little details and were in ongoing communication with our vendor team. We did not have to worry about a single thing and had the time of our lives! Charlie’s Angels have nothing on them! Absolute dream team! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, ladies! ☺

The Elegant Event 6
    The Elegant Event 12
    Sent on 11/30/2019

Anna Stout · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing!!!

Megan and her team did an amazing job. I hired her for my “day of” coordinator but she was available to speak via email and on the phone leading up to the wedding. She also attended all my meetings with my wedding venue. She did not work my wedding herself but two of her talented team members did. The day was so smooth and flawless! I’ve never been to a more well executed wedding and I get to say that about my own. If you’re questioning getting a planner, do it! The Elegant Events services were worth every penny!

Sent on 09/22/2019

The Elegant Event FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1200.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 1800
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 4000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 60.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Hallmark Cakes
    Hallmark Cakes Wedding Cakes

You'd be lucky to have Megan heading your team. . . helping make your wedding dreams come true!

• Desi's Floral & Design
    Desi's Floral & Design Wedding Florists

The Elegant Event and I have worked together on many events, and is always a delight to see Megan and her team in their element. Their events are so well coordinated, all details are amazingly and flawlessly put together!

• April D. Green Photography
    April D. Green Photography Wedding Photographers

I have had the great pleasure of working with The Elegant Event. I can not say enough positive comments about this business. Megan is absolutely amazing and wonderfully professional. She keeps everyone in line so that everything goes smoothly, yet she is extremely conscious that it is your day and wants it to go just as you wish. She works out any problems or mishaps that come along so that you do not have to....all you have to do is enjoy your day. I have and will continue to pass her name along to all wedding clients. Having photographed hundreds of weddings myself, I can say without hesitation, having her makes everything go a lot smoother and makes for a happy bride and groom!

• Boone, 28607 See on map