The Elegant Event Reviews

53 | Boone, NC

53 Reviews for The Elegant Event

Katie · Married on 07/31/2020

Incredible!

Megan from The Elegant Event was incredible to work with. I knew from the first phone call that Megan was the right person to help with my wedding coordinating needs. She was so kind and answered all of my questions so quickly! We had to adjust our wedding plans from 100+ guests to only 15 due to COVID19, and she made sure every detail was still exactly what we wanted and envisioned. On the wedding day, her and her team made everything go so smoothly! I can't recommend The Elegant Event enough!

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Turner · Married on 11/02/2019

LOVED my experience!

I am very much a type-A personality and I thought that would carry over into my wedding planning. What I found instead was that I had a crippling anxiety and decision fatigue that made me feel so overwhelmed and not know where to start.

Enter Megan and her team. From my first conversation with her, I KNEW she was the one to help me with this process. I lived in a different state and didn't meet her until halfway through my planning, but she was incredibly helpful and always available to answer my questions. More importantly, she was always willing to talk to my parents, who in all honesty, did a lot of the planning and legwork for me. She answered their call every time they had a question and wanted to bounce ideas off of, even meeting in person several times since they are local.

When she found out partway through my planning stage that she was pregnant, I was honestly nervous. Who would be there on my big day? Everyone recommended The Elegant Event specifically because they thought Megan and I would click. I was so nervous but Megan's team was amazing on the big day.

Wedding planners/coordinators are expensive, but The Elegant Event was worth EVERY PENNY.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Simona

Simona · Married on 10/12/2019

Charlie's Angels Have Nothin' On You...#dreamteam

On October 12th, we had the wedding of our dreams and I cannot imagine our day without the Elegant Event team. We booked them as our day-of-coordinators and it was the best decision we ever made! During the planning portion of our wedding, we had ongoing communication with Megan Drake. Our wedding venue was near Boone, NC but we had to plan our big day all the way from Boston, MA. This process was seamless thanks to Megan! You guys, her knowledge, professionalism, reliability and down-to-earth nature are everything you need in an excellent wedding planner. Megan will go above and beyond for you! That’s just who she is. Days after giving birth to her beautiful baby girl, she was at our rehearsal to make sure everything went smoothly. Can you believe that?

On our big day, the day-of-coordinators, Liz and Lara, were phenomenal! They took such good care of us – physically and emotionally! They handled all the little details and were in ongoing communication with our vendor team. We did not have to worry about a single thing and had the time of our lives! Charlie’s Angels have nothing on them! Absolute dream team! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, ladies! ☺

Sent on 11/30/2019

Anna Stout · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing!!!

Megan and her team did an amazing job. I hired her for my “day of” coordinator but she was available to speak via email and on the phone leading up to the wedding. She also attended all my meetings with my wedding venue. She did not work my wedding herself but two of her talented team members did. The day was so smooth and flawless! I’ve never been to a more well executed wedding and I get to say that about my own. If you’re questioning getting a planner, do it! The Elegant Events services were worth every penny!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Teresa Steele · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely the best!!

Megan Drake is an absolute angel! We hired Megan for a "Day of" wedding planner and she was worth every penny. She took charge and handled every aspect of my daughters day so we could enjoy every moment of it. It was supposed to be an outdoor wedding and it started to rain and get windy... just two hours before the ceremony. She simply asked if we'd like to move it indoors and then completely changed everything to perfection. She is more than capable and needs only to be left to work her magic! The ceremony couldn't have been more perfect and my daughter never even noticed the difference, in fact, she said it turned out better than what she imagined. We can't thank Megan and her staff enough! They were a MUST for the overall success of the wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Akila Metheny (Mabe) · Married on 05/18/2019

Provides Structure and Grace

Megan was a wonderful planner for our wedding. I am so happy we chose her. We found her services through Wedding Wire and The Knot as a highly recommended Boone, NC area wedding planner. When I think of how to describe her work, three words come to mind: Peace of mind. She will put you at ease if there are any complications, she'll answer any questions you have in great detail, and most importantly keep you on track during the planning process. She also responds well to quick changes of plan and is able to keep you calm yet on track of the timeline as you enjoy your wedding day. She is very accommodating and professional. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Marie · Married on 10/13/2018

A Grateful Bride and Groom

I'm writing this review because Megan deserves SO MUCH PRAISE for all her hard work. She was always so kind, responsive, helpful, and supportive throughout my wedding planning process AND wedding day. It felt like a dream the whole time, and it was the kind of dream that wouldn't have been a reality without Megan. I am not only grateful for her expertise, but for her friendship as well. I have been referring Megan like crazy since Mark and I got married. I was actually referring her to others BEFORE our wedding day simply because of the service I was receiving! Overall an awesome experience. Mark and I continue to brag about her and keep in touch with her. THANK YOU MEGAN, YOU ROCK!!!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Lyndly · Married on 09/16/2018

Wonderful Experience!

Working with Megan and her team was such a great experience! We hired Megan to be our day of coordinator, however, it felt like she was involved in so much more than just "day of planning". We talked via email and phone months leading up to the wedding, she met with us for a final venue walk through and even the rehearsal. We actually had to move up our entire wedding in one day due to a hurricane in our area. Megan took care of everything while remaining so calm and efficient! She called all of our vendors for us and made sure everyone was on board with the new plan. Megan and her team were a joy to work with and so professional. She was very thorough and all of her wedding documents kept us really organized. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2018

Megan was so amazing to work with. I hired her as my month of planner, but she was always willing to answer my questions whenever I needed her. She was there the day of working with all my vendors to ensure everything went smoothly. She even did an additional boutineer when they got delivered and I realized that I ordered one too few. Thank you Megan. I am so happy that now I get to share my anniversary with you.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Blyss · Married on 08/18/2018

Megan Drake and her assistant Kristin Schonover made our son and daughter-in-law's destination wedding week end at Twickenham House and Hall, ceremony, and reception exactly what they dreamed it would be. We contracted with Megan for the Partial Wedding Planning package and it was perfect! Her recommendations for potential vendors to interview and consider were spot on. In particular, she did a superior job of matching us with spectacular photographer, florist, caterer/cake maker, and DJ, and wedding officiant. The combination of these vendors, along with Megan's direction and expertise brought the wedding of Hannah and Dylan's dreams to life. She clearly listened to Hannah's ideas, visions, and dreams, and gave her the direction and help needed to make it happen. Megan is very responsive and timely in answering questions, and easing concerns and doubts throughout the process. None of the bridal party, or family had to lift a finger the day of the wedding. Everything was done for us and it was seamless and looked spectacular. We have a couple of friends that have kids getting married in the next year, and my advice to them is to hire a wedding coordinator, and if its in the High Country, it must definitely be Megan Drake and The Elegant Event! We are forever grateful. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! #CheerstotheAlloniers!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Mary · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Megan and her team was awesome. We hired them for day of coordinating services and they went above and beyond to ensure everything ran smoothly. We chose the Day-Of option as my mother and I wanted to be heavily involved in the entire planning process, but would recommend full planning services to avoid wedding planning stress for other brides! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2018

Megan was AWESOME. Everything was sent out and done perfectly before the wedding. I had a few bridezilla moments on her on the day of the wedding (I'm easily stressed) and she took them all in stride and made everything happen according to plan! I couldn't recommend her more to anyone looking for a planner. She is super responsive to email, text, you name it (even if you book her only for the mid package). DO IT, you won't regret it! -)

Sent on 06/27/2018

Alex · Married on 10/21/2017

We had a fantastic experience, and highly recommend The Elegant Event. Megan made our wedding day so special, every detail was perfect. All of the vendors she recommended we loved, the whole process was very enjoyable. There is no way we would have pulled off the wedding without her. We cannot say enough good things, and we would absolutely go back to them for any type of event planning!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2017

The Elegant Event made sure that everything for my wedding went off without a hitch. Everything was so AMAZING! My husband and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Erin · Married on 09/03/2017

I can't begin to describe how wonderful Megan was as my wedding planner. She was wonderful from the moment I hired her. I think it was the best decision I made about planning my wedding. Megan is warm, kind, extremely professional, and really kept me calm throughout the planning process. My husband and I had some problems with our venue and Megan was always there to help us through any issues. She not only did she help us, but made me feel better about the whole experience. At the wedding rehearsal she asked that if the bridal party had any problems please contact her directly so I did not get stressed out. I was so grateful to have her at my wedding. I felt like she genuinely cared about me and my husband and did everything she could to make us enjoy our special day. I'm forever grateful to Megan and everything she did for us! I highly recommend her services and having a wedding planner is definitely worth the money!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Molly · Married on 07/15/2017

Megan was incredible in our wedding planning. We knew she was the right person for us from our very first phone call and meeting with her. We loved all of the local vendors that she recommended. I especially appreciated that the week of the wedding, Megan asked all of the vendors to contact her directly with questions and logistics coordination so that I as the bride wouldn't have to deal with the extra stress. She's well-connected in the area, and very experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to every aspect of wedding planning and execution. We enjoyed her personally and appreciated how she understood what was important to us on our special day. Megan and her team were a blast on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/21/2017
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 12/24/2016

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Megan and her team. As mother of the bride I felt that Megan took the time in our conversations leading up to the wedding to really get to know our family and understand what was important to us. She connected with all of us and was ready to offer advice whenever we asked. We knew we were in good hands from the moment we contacted her.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Emma · Married on 12/04/2016

The Elegant Event was absolutely wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend them. They were beyond helpful with all the planning and decor.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/22/2016

The Elegant Event made my dreams come true! 1 week before my wedding I was in tears and because my other planner was a nightmare. I thought for sure, our wedding day was going to be a disaster. But, I found Megan that day and she immediately gave me a sense of ease - I KNEW she could handle anything! They were so fast, responsive and available it blew my mind. With just a few phone calls and emails, The Elegant Event were experts in my vision, my plans, and all my vendors. Our venue wasn't the easiest to manage logistically, but they made the day go by so seamlessly. I truly had no worries on my wedding day because I knew Megan was there and she would handle it. I'm so grateful to The Elegant Event! THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2016

I am SO happy that I decided to work with Megan Drake at The Elegant Event! Not only did I have an amazing wedding planner but I gained a friend in the process! Megan is detail oriented and on top of everything. I highly recommend using her list of preferred vendors as well since they work seamlessly together and often go above and beyond for her. My wedding day was a dream come true because of her great work!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2016

Megan was truly a blessing to us from our first meeting until the end of our wedding day. We were out of state, so she really helped to make sure we had all of our ducks in a row leading up to the big day. She is very organized and accommodating, especially with us picking a venue that was off the beaten path. She made sure we had everything just the way we wanted it. I would highly recommend her to anyone I know getting married.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Erin · Married on 09/24/2016

Megan and her team are fabulous! I booked her about a year and a half before our wedding and I am so glad I did. We were married in the High Country but live in Charlotte and she was very helpful giving suggestions on vendors and her honest opinion about them. When some of the vendors I chose were difficult to get in contact with, she stepped in and saved the day. During our multiple emails and calls (I'm a needy bride), she helped me fill in missing details, gave me alternatives, and on the wedding day, everything was exactly how we discussed. She also turned into a great friend, she was a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and a laugh when I needed it most. I highly recommend The Elegant Event!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Deanna · Married on 09/17/2016

I highly recommend the Elegant Event! Megan totally pulled off our dream wedding! She was very easy to work with and had great ideas!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

Choosing to work with The Elegant Event was one of the best choices I made during my wedding planning journey. Megan helped me put together and carry out the wedding of my dreams! She always responded back quickly to my messages and gave me some pretty great references for my wedding wants and needs.
    Most of all, Megan helped to take away the stress that comes with planning a wedding!
    I would definitely recommend any for bride-to-be to use The Elegant Event (Megan) as their wedding planner!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

We could not recommend any one better than The Elegant Event in the High Country. We used The Elegant Event for their day before and day of services. Megan and her team we very responsive to all of our questions and gave us great recommendations on vendors, wedding timelines and venue layouts. We met with Megan twice and felt completely comfortable and left excited for our wedding each time. Our second meeting was about a month before our wedding date and we left feeling very confident that Megan knew exactly what we were looking for. We worked with Jennifer and Jimma on our Rehersal and Wedding day. They both took charge and were the contact for all of the vendors when they arrived. I was not approached once by a vendor at any moment during our wedding and was able to enjoy our day with our family and friends. Jennifer came up to us both and asked our opinion on time related activities which was very appreciated. We ended up eating long than planned and she went around to each vendor to let them know exactly what was going on and what the new timeline would be. We left our wedding feeling so lucky that we found The Elegant Event and they did everything that we requested!

Sent on 09/27/2016