Historic Cavalier Hotel and beach club

Virginia Beach, VA View map
Up to 150 guests

Up to 150 guests

About The Cavalier

The historic Cavalier Hotel & Beach Club is a wedding venue located in Virginia Beach, Virginia that is ideal for couples seeking to blend Old World refinement and 21st century glamour in an idyllic seaside venue.

A paragon of Neoclassical architecture originally opened in 1927, the legendary Cavalier has been an iconic Virginia Beach landmark for decades, the “hotel on a hill” that has remained the crown jewel of the oceanfront for generations of wedding revelers.

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Cavalier Hotel reopened in 2018 following a $85 million dollar restoration boasting state-of-the art upgrades, luxury amenities, and high-end finishes.

Facilities & Amenities

The Cavalier offers unrivaled in-house services to make your special day a dream come true with celebrated restaurants, a full-service resort spa, onsite craft distillery, indoor-outdoor social lounge and 85 elegantly-appointed guest rooms, including 23 suites.

World-class catering is provided by our AAA Four Diamond award-winning Becca Restaurant & Garden. The Cavalier is also home to the Raleigh Room social lounge and the Hunt Room, a chef-inspired eatery featuring our own in-house distillery, Tarnished Truth Distilling Company.

Select from an array of event locations accommodating up to 200 guests, including the Grand Crystal Ballroom, oceanfront verandas, indoor-outdoor loggias, stunningly landscaped grounds, a sunken garden and more.

Customizable wedding packages are available for celebrations ranging from intimate and understated to grand and gracious.

Stop Dreaming, Start Planning Today

Conveying seaside opulence and effortless refinement, a Cavalier wedding is heralded as an unparalleled celebration, beautifully personalized and meticulously crafted to make your day as memorable as the Cavalier itself.

A distinguished member of Marriott’s esteemed Autograph Collection of boutique hotels, weddings at the Cavalier are exactly like nothing else you’ve ever experienced.

Make history when you celebrate your special day amid the refined elegance of the Cavalier Hotel.

Get started today with a member of our world-class wedding planning team and book a tour to experience the magic.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1600.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1275.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building
Hotel

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Clean Up
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Set Up

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Furniture
Lighting
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

1 User photo

• Erin
    Erin Married on 10/04/2019

What an amazing experience!!

Oh, how I love the Cavalier Hotel, and having a wedding there did not disappoint. I find that sometimes places that are beautiful and seemingly high-class rest on their laurels too much and have lacking customer service, but this is NOT the case at the Cavalier. From the moment we contacted them about getting a venue tour for a wedding up to our actual wedding day, we had the most kind, professional, and helpful crew of people that made my husband and I feel wonderful, understood, and ecstatic about our wedding. I cannot speak any higher of them, and would recommend a wedding at the Cavalier to anyone. Joslyn was our main point of contact and she is an absolute gem to work with. Now that the wedding is over, I am actually sad we won't be working with her anymore! The Cavalier catering and entire banquet team also deserve the highest accolades. My husband and I wanted a vegan wedding menu, and when we asked if they could do this, we didn't get a flinch but an enthusiastic yes! Emily our head chef said she was new to vegan cuisine, but man did she knock it out of the park. Our non-vegan guests were raving about the food all night and they still do. I am forever thankful for this. I also want to mention that the bartender was such an amazing, kind, helpful, professional, and talented gentleman who impressed all of our guests. Plus, our menu tasting day was done so beautifully that it was one of my favorite moments I've had with my now husband of my life!

One minor thing that I would feel remiss in not mentioning (that, BTW, has nothing to do with the Cavalier itself), was that one of the residences around where we got married in the Sunken Garden started playing music incredibly loud during our ceremony. From what I gather, the person who was playing the music had no idea there was a wedding going on. The Cavalier resolved it quickly and the rest of the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure if the Cavalier has put in place any sort of "heads up" before a wedding or event to the residences around it since our wedding, but that would help a lot! I just wanted to let future brides know that this happened to us and hopefully it will never happen again! Still, absolutely NO regrets of our venue, and I highly recommend this place to anyone. Photo Credit @angelaelisephotography
    Sharon Married on 06/07/2013
    My daughter's wedding was located at the Cavalier on the hill in the ballroom. Diana was great and easy to work with. If we ever had a problem she was there to help us thru it. The Cavalier is loaded with history and that makes for a great time.

Thank You Diana.....
  • User1183455 2+ years ago
    The Cavalier On the Hill was a tremendous and wonderful place to get married and have a reception. We were very pleasantly surprised to find that we could afford to have the wedding there, thinking initially that it would be out of our price range. But we found one of the rooms, the Pocahontas Room, to work very well for that. We had several visits to the venue and a menu tasting, and Diana Pollock, the event/catering manager was especially accommodating and very friendly and customer oriented. There were numerous changes up to the wedding, menu choices, number of actual meals, etc, and the venue and Diana made it very easy to get everything done. We did have a wedding coordinator, CMT event planning, that was very familiar with working with Diana and the Cavalier so that helped a lot. The food was excellent, wonderfully plated and tasted fantastic - everyone was pleased with their meals. There are some restrictions at the Cavalier for small things like no bubbles at the reception, etc, for obvious reasons and we managed to work with all of their idiosyncrasies - not too painful. Bottomline, it was beautiful, and the venue made it all happen as they said they would. It was a great experience and I can't wait to see the photos to see how the place looked that day!

Real Weddings

• Erin & Kevin
    99 photos · 10/04/2019
  • Randall & Caldwell
    117 photos · 06/08/2019

Pricing

Historic Cavalier Hotel and beach club Price Rates

4200 Atlantic Ave Virginia Beach, VA, 23451
Location of (Historic Cavalier Hotel and beach club)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding