4201 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Cavalier Hotel

About The Cavalier

The historic Cavalier Hotel & Beach Club is a wedding venue located in Virginia Beach, Virginia that is ideal for couples seeking to blend Old World refinement and 21st century glamour in an idyllic seaside venue.

A paragon of Neoclassical architecture originally opened in 1927, the legendary Cavalier has been an iconic Virginia Beach landmark for decades, the “hotel on a hill” that has remained the crown jewel of the oceanfront for generations of wedding revelers.

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Cavalier Hotel reopened in 2018 following a $85 million dollar restoration boasting state-of-the art upgrades, luxury amenities, and high-end finishes.

Facilities & Amenities

The Cavalier offers unrivaled in-house services to make your special day a dream come true with celebrated restaurants, a full-service resort spa, onsite craft distillery, indoor-outdoor social lounge and 85 elegantly-appointed guest rooms, including 23 suites.

World-class catering is provided by our AAA Four Diamond award-winning Becca Restaurant & Garden. The Cavalier is also home to the Raleigh Room social lounge and the Hunt Room, a chef-inspired eatery featuring our own in-house distillery, Tarnished Truth Distilling Company.

Select from an array of event locations accommodating up to 300 guests, including the Grand Crystal Ballroom, oceanfront verandas, indoor-outdoor loggias, stunningly landscaped grounds, a sunken garden and more.

Customizable wedding packages are available for celebrations ranging from intimate and understated to grand and gracious.

Stop Dreaming, Start Planning Today

Conveying seaside opulence and effortless refinement, a Cavalier wedding is heralded as an unparalleled celebration, beautifully personalized and meticulously crafted to make your day as memorable as the Cavalier itself.

A distinguished member of Marriott’s esteemed Autograph Collection of boutique hotels, weddings at the Cavalier are exactly like nothing else you’ve ever experienced.

Make history when you celebrate your special day amid the refined elegance of the Cavalier Hotel.

Get started today with a member of our world-class wedding planning team and book a tour to experience the magic.

Follow The Cavalier Hotel on

26 Reviews for The Cavalier Hotel

1 User photo

• Erin

Erin · Married on 10/04/2019

What an amazing experience!!

Oh, how I love the Cavalier Hotel, and having a wedding there did not disappoint. I find that sometimes places that are beautiful and seemingly high-class rest on their laurels too much and have lacking customer service, but this is NOT the case at the Cavalier. From the moment we contacted them about getting a venue tour for a wedding up to our actual wedding day, we had the most kind, professional, and helpful crew of people that made my husband and I feel wonderful, understood, and ecstatic about our wedding. I cannot speak any higher of them, and would recommend a wedding at the Cavalier to anyone. Joslyn was our main point of contact and she is an absolute gem to work with. Now that the wedding is over, I am actually sad we won't be working with her anymore! The Cavalier catering and entire banquet team also deserve the highest accolades. My husband and I wanted a vegan wedding menu, and when we asked if they could do this, we didn't get a flinch but an enthusiastic yes! Emily our head chef said she was new to vegan cuisine, but man did she knock it out of the park. Our non-vegan guests were raving about the food all night and they still do. I am forever thankful for this. I also want to mention that the bartender was such an amazing, kind, helpful, professional, and talented gentleman who impressed all of our guests. Plus, our menu tasting day was done so beautifully that it was one of my favorite moments I've had with my now husband of my life!

One minor thing that I would feel remiss in not mentioning (that, BTW, has nothing to do with the Cavalier itself), was that one of the residences around where we got married in the Sunken Garden started playing music incredibly loud during our ceremony. From what I gather, the person who was playing the music had no idea there was a wedding going on. The Cavalier resolved it quickly and the rest of the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure if the Cavalier has put in place any sort of "heads up" before a wedding or event to the residences around it since our wedding, but that would help a lot! I just wanted to let future brides know that this happened to us and hopefully it will never happen again! Still, absolutely NO regrets of our venue, and I highly recommend this place to anyone. Photo Credit @angelaelisephotography

Sent on 01/05/2020

Sharon · Married on 06/07/2013

My daughter's wedding was located at the Cavalier on the hill in the ballroom. Diana was great and easy to work with. If we ever had a problem she was there to help us thru it. The Cavalier is loaded with history and that makes for a great time.

Thank You Diana.....

Sent on 08/07/2013

Blake · Married on 05/04/2013

My husband and I had our reception at the Cavalier Oceanfront in Orion's Roof. We had an absolutely exceptional experience with Diana, the coordinator at the Cavalier, and all of her staff. Diana was available at all times to answer questions, soothe nerves, and to help make our day the best day ever. We met with her formally twice, and we talked to her about once or twice a week as the wedding grew closer - intense, I know, especially since she had my father, mother, and I calling at all different times. Diana worked with our price points, and she didn't make us feel crazy for being on a budget or not wanting to spend over a certain amount of money. Diana was graceful, poised, and relaxed - and she helped my family and I relax and truly enjoy the time as well.

Orion's Roof, on the top floor of the Cavalier Oceanfront, is amazing. The view from Orion's Roof is phenomenal - I cried the first three times I visited it. Three sides of the room are floor to ceiling windows. It was a lovely, lovely setting for our beach themed wedding. The food was incredible the night of the reception. Diana saved plates of food for my husband and me to eat later - which we did, and we were so grateful. The staff was incredibly accommodating, and they were super friendly, even bringing us drinks and a plate of appetizers from the cocktail hour when we first got there. Another bonus was that Diana's staff lit all of the candles in our centerpieces so we didn't have to worry about assigning someone to that task.

Our guests were able to book rooms at great rates in order to stay for the weekend. Ryan, the front desk/reservations manager, was accommodating and friendly. The room my husband and I stayed in was lovely, and we had a beautiful view of the sunrise the morning after the wedding.

Without a doubt, you absolutely MUST book your reception at the Cavalier Oceanfront. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/21/2013

The Cavalier Hotel Pricing

The Cavalier Hotel Price Rates

The Cavalier Hotel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 1600.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 1275.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Historic Building
    Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Set Up
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Tables
    Tents
    Tent Accessories
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access

Real Weddings

• 4201 Atlantic Ave Virginia Beach, 23451 See on map
    Location of (The Cavalier Hotel)