Cavalier Resort

Virginia Beach, VA View map Visit website

The Historic Cavalier and Beach Club, Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, and new Embassy Suites (opening 2023) come together to create one magical destination for your wedding - The Cavalier Resort.

Our resort offers five of Virginia Beach's favorite restaurants, five indoor or outdoor pools, hundreds of beautiful guestrooms, resort activities for guests, and countless wedding venues options.

These four unique venues act as beautiful backdrops for engagement parties, bridal showers, ceremonies, receptions, after parties, farewell brunch, and more!

From beach weddings to beautiful gardens to breathtaking ballroom receptions, we have an array of gorgeous indoor and outdoor ceremony locations and reception venues to choose from. Our exceptional wedding planning team will help you every step of the way to ensure your special day is nothing short of magical.

We look forward to planning the wedding you've always dreamed of!

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar
Premium Liquor

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Beach
Garden
Historic Building
Hotel
Resort
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Preferred Vendors Only
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Drapery
Lighting
Tables
Tents

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

4.5 out of 5 rating

• Emily
    Emily Married on 10/22/2022

Best Weekend Ever!

My husband and I were married at The Cavalier on 10.22.22 and had a wonderful experience. It was the wedding weekend of our dreams. The staff at The Cavalier are top-notch; all are polite, friendly, and accommodating. We stayed in the bridal suite for three nights which was absolutely beautiful with lots of space. Being able to settle into a beautiful room took the edge off and set the stage for me to enjoy the weekend.

Leading up to the wedding, I worked with a combination of Jocelyn, Jessica, and Gina and all are true professionals. I am a very detail-oriented person who dabbles in events professionally, and every meeting resulted in detailed notes, photos of place settings, runners, flatware, etc that we had discussed and clear next steps. I live four hours from Virginia Beach, and these ladies made it a breeze to plan from afar; I only had to be on-site four times throughout the process.

On Friday night, we hosted our rehearsal dinner and welcome party at The Cavalier Beach Club. The space was beautiful and modern, and the service was acceptable. My only complaint is that the only option for food was a buffet. After the dinner portion which was reserved for the bridal party and immediate family, the venue was opened up to all guests for a welcome party. The deck was lined with outdoor heaters, and we had a beautiful evening mixing and mingling with guests.

On Saturday, our timeline started at 8AM for hair and makeup. We had an early morning delivery of scrambled eggs, fruit, and yogurt for the bridesmaids with two bottles of sparkling wine. For lunch, we had a spread of roasted veggies, hummus, and cheese delivered that was absolutely delicious! The quantity per person ensured that no one went hungry; we even had enough to share with our hair and makeup stylists.

Weather had been beautiful early in the day, but it was clear a storm system was blowing in while we were doing our first look photos. I noticed how windy it was, not knowing the temperature was dropping rapidly. Had I known, I would have made the call to move our cocktail hour indoors to our backup location. My only regret is that no one forced that decision on me. Otherwise, our ceremony was perfect, and no one was stuck waiting in line at cocktail hour since we had requested 100 orange crushes be passed to guests to cut down on wait times.

Our reception was amazing - I've had several guests tell me it was the most beautiful event they have ever attended. The ballroom was glowing, and everything was set up exactly as designed. The only complaint I have is that the dinner service was...leisurely. With our event starting at 630PM, we were already eating late. I wanted to see plates go down more quickly than they did. It is impressive how the banquet staff works - servers will serve an entire table at once simultaneously, and then work their way to the next table doing the same. However, it is a PROCESS. Note to brides and planners: expect two hours of dinner at this venue. At first, I was shaken up regarding this because it was wrecking my timeline, but only me and my coordinator noticed. We were able to get toasts, parent dances, and cake cutting out of the way while guests ate and still opened the dance floor by 10PM which was only 30 minutes later than planned. We danced the night away, and had a beautiful exit that brought us down to The Hunt Room for an after-party. It was a beautiful day, and The Cavalier will always hold a special place in my heart.
  • Sarah
    Sarah B. Married on 09/10/2022

Fantastic !

Beautiful building and grounds and staff was phenomenal ! They can accommodate large weddings but ours was just an elopement on the beach with 8 people so we didn’t utilize the large wedding accommodations.
    Kirsten Married on 04/16/2021

Best venue!

My husband and I got married here in April and everyone was so nice and accommodating throughout the pandemic. Our coordinator Lia was SO amazing and worked with us on changing our 150 person wedding to a 40 person wedding. It was so beautiful! They have so many options on where you can have your ceremony and reception. You can’t go wrong!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Pricing

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
4200 Atlantic Avenue Virginia Beach, VA, 23451
757-213-2325
757-961-7483
Location of (Cavalier Resort)

Cavalier Resort frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Cavalier Resort?

Cavalier Resort includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Cavalier Resort, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

Cavalier Resort includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Dessert
  • Server(s)

At Cavalier Resort, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Cavalier Resort includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • Champagne Toast
  • House Beer
  • House Liquor
  • House Wine
  • Open Bar
  • Premium Liquor

What are the most important characteristics of Cavalier Resort in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Cavalier Resort for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Beach
  • Garden
  • Historic Building
  • Hotel
  • Resort
  • Waterfront

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Cavalier Resort for wedding events?

Cavalier Resort offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does Cavalier Resort offer?

Cavalier Resort offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Cavalier Resort offer for wedding events?

Cavalier Resort offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Accommodations
  • Outside Vendors
  • Preferred Vendors Only
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does Cavalier Resort have available for wedding events?

Cavalier Resort offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Dance Floor
  • Drapery
  • Lighting
  • Tables
  • Tents

What percentage of users recommend Cavalier Resort and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Cavalier Resort is recommended by 87% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.5 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.6 in quality of service, 4.6 in professionalism, 4.5 in flexibility, 4.4 in average response time and 4.3 in value.

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding