Menifee, CA 92584 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About The Blooming Bakery

Welcome........We are a small bakery which specializes in custom speciality cakes, cupcake bouquets, cupcakes, cake pops and more. For Weddings, Engagements, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Showers, Sweet 16, LGBTQ-Weddings, Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah, Christening, Holidays, Quinceaneras,  Retirement, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Corporate Events, Promotional events and more,  or just to say I Love You.

We use only the finest, freshest of ingredients and  try to use as much localy produced items as possible. We do not have a store front only a proffessional kitchen.  Which means we do not have anything sitting in a case going stale. All orders are made to your specification and we gurantee that every item is baked and decorated with love.  We offer in home consultations and taste testing.

For the Bride to be ..

We would like to thank you for allowing us to participate in the planning of your event. You must make many decisions about flowers, photographer, wedding and reception locations, caterers etc., and your very special dress. All of this planning is done to build a special memory for the start of your new life.

A special design can be incorporated into your wedding cake. The design of your dress or maybe an applique from your dress.  Your only limits are your imagination. Please feel free to let me know if you have something special you would like and together we can design the cake of your dreams. Remember that you can change almost anything up to the three weeks before the wedding , if you are NOT using gum paste flowers. 2 Months before if you plan to use gum paste flowers. Please, no changes in size or design after the three week deadline.

Ingredient cost is nominal in your cake - but time is a major factor. Some cakes can be baked and decorated in one day and others require weeks of preparation time. The more time involved in your special cake the more costly it will be.

Flavors offered at this time are - (The most popular flavors) ,

Menu of Cakes

White Velvet- Snow White light vanilla layer cake with a hint of white ghirardelli chocolate and your choice of filling.

Red Velvet to die for- A moist cake that will leave you asking for more

Golden Yellow- Yellow vanilla cake lighter than pound.

Zesty Lemon-A tangy blend of sweet and sour in a moist golden vanilla cake.

Creamy Coconut-A moist chewy tropical treat with a touch of almond flavor.

Chcocolate Fudge- A chocolate lover's dream of a rich dark chocolate cake.

Butter Pecan- Flavorfully flecked with roasted pecans in a rich butterery moist cake

Home  Style Carrot Cake -(with or with out walnuts, may request raisins) filled with the best cream cheese frosting you will ever  have..

Sour Cream Spice- A fall and winter favorite

Pumpkin- A moist pumpkin cake with our italian buttercream icing (lightly flavored with pumpkin spices, you will think you are eating pumpkin mousse)..

Banana- Made with fresh bananas no artificial flavorings, pecans or walnuts upon request.

Peanut Butter- Rich, moist peanut butter cake with chocolate mousse filling.

Chocolate orange or raspberry-   chocolate lover's dream of a rich dark chocolate cake. With fresh orange or Raspberry

Pina Colada- Moist yellow cake with rum, coconut and pinapple.

(othe cake flavors or fillings may be available upon request)

How'd you arrive at that number? Just so you know...

Setting a Budget for your Custom Cake...

Sometimes I get a phone call or an e-mail from a potential client inquiring on a cake. They have very specific ideas about what they want and have the cake designed in their head from top to bottom. They know the colors, accent pieces, sculpted pieces, flavors, and they know what they want to pay.

So when my client calls I have some questions that need answered so we can get down to business.

- What is the date of your event?

- How many servings of cake will you need?

- Do you have a design in mind?

- What is your budget?
I want to elaborate on this one. Some people think it's a trick question. But it's not. There are many techniques and materials that can be used to get from raw cake and filling to finished piece of edible art. I need to know how much money you want to spend so I can choose which methods to use to get to your finished product. I need to know how much detail to include, if I can use fancier techniques like poured sugar, hand sculpted pieces, or possibly even purchasing special tools for your project. Do I need to employ a carpenter to build a frame for your cake? It's all going to play into your quote and that is why your answer is so important.

So, when you tell me you want a cake to serve 60 people and you want it to defy gravity, you want specific detail pieces (about 30 or so of them), you want sparkle, you want your guests to go "WOW", and you only want to spend $300.00. I need to know, HOW did you arrive at that number?

Let's get the facts.

Those shops you see on TV have a minimum order for custom cakes. One has a minimum of $1,000. And it doesn't matter if you only want to feed 25 guests. One charges $100.00 just to sit down, taste some cake, and talk to them about your design. No finished cake included in that price. And the per serving cost of a fondant decorated cake usually STARTS at about $8.00 a serving. But more likely will cost you about $12.00 - $14.00 per serving because we already know you want WOW factor.

So let's break it down. 60 servings of cake. WOW FACTOR. Budget of $300.00. That's $5.00 per serving. Which is the base price at my shop for a fondant cake. You know, where we start. (Remember those TV guys start at about $8.00) So HOW did you determine your budget of $300.00?

Did you research what custom cakes cost before you got that number? Or, is it how much you have to spend, it's a number that "sounds good", and really, it's just Cake and Icing! Right?! Let's nip this one in the bud. If it was JUST Cake and Icing, you'd have gone to the Warehouse store and picked up a sheet cake. You don't want cake and icing. You want mouthwatering edible art! There's a difference. And creating a custom sculpted/carved/designed piece of art work, requires talent, experience, time, materials, and skill. And that costs money.

So before you "decide" on your budget. Do a little research. Make sure that your budget makes sense. Make sure you account for what you are asking for. And be honest with your cake designer when they want to know your budget.

You see, you might not be able to afford a Carved 3-D cake of your fiance's dog. BUT you could afford a smaller tiered cake with a sculpted topper that looks like his dog, Rusty. There's a difference of about $300.00 or more in those two cakes. So keep that in mind. If your budget isn't reasonable for what you requested, ask your designer HOW you can still match your theme but get closer to the budget. And don't be offended if they tell you that you can't afford a custom cake. It's okay. I know I can't afford a Mercedes. I just buy the car I can afford. I don't try to tell the Mercedes dealer that he HAS to change the price of the car because I only have $15,000 to spend. He'd laugh at me.

So when you figure out your budget, make sure it is backed by a little research. AND make sure that the shop you choose has a gallery of photos that show they can pull of what you are asking. Don't be disappointed in the end because you didn't research in the beginning.

And have fun with it! Custom Cakes can truly be the centerpiece of your event. And considering it's art that you are paying for, they should be!

The Blooming Bakery will make your event a memorable one. We add professionalism, creativity and style that your guests will be talking about many years after .

The Blooming Bakery will leave your guests nothing short of impressed........

Because we know long after the guests depart, the impact of an extraordinary event lives on.............

Thank you for considering us to be a part of your special day.

Follow The Blooming Bakery on

9468929d4d10c445 Lexy 2
april copy

4 Reviews for The Blooming Bakery

Missy · Married on 11/17/2017

My husband and I found this bakery on Wedding Wire to use for our wedding in November 2017. About 6 months prior to the wedding, I watched a documentary and decided to live a vegan lifestyle. We were already having Melanie make some vegan cupcakes for our guests (we had 8 vegans at our wedding of 50 total guests) and as I got more into being plant based, I asked Melanie if there was any way to make the whole wedding cake vegan. She ran vegan experiments for weeks, working her butt off for us! She eventually came up with a great alternative. Josh and I loved it, our guests couldn't tell that the cake was vegan and our vegan guests were so excited because they normally don't get the opportunity to eat cake at weddings. The cake and cupcakes were decorated just beautifully in a stunning display. We couldn't have been happier! She even made us special bride and groom cupcakes that we enjoyed a few days after our wedding. We're confident that we're going to ask Melanie to make a small cake for or year anniversary! Thank you, Melanie!!!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Kraig · Married on 04/17/2015

The Blooming Bakery did a great job on our wedding cake. It was exactly what we asked for and was also delicious. If you guys want pointers on which flavor to choose pick the "white velvet with raspberry puree" It is AMAZING! thank you

Sent on 04/27/2015

Linda · Married on 06/14/2014

all I can say is YUMMY (hmm must be 30 characters) so yummmmmmy

Sent on 07/29/2014

The Blooming Bakery FAQ

$ 4.00
    $ 5.00
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 3.00
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cake Pops
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Cutters
    Cake Stands
    Cake Toppers
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Nut Free
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• The Blooming Bakery 1
    On line Discount
    To redeem please mention you found us on Wedding Wire and 10% will automaticly be credited to your order of $150.00 or more.

• Menifee, 92584 See on map
    By Appointment only
    Location of (The Blooming Bakery)