Austin, TX 78799 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 47

About Southard Style Photography

Matthew Southard is an award winning wedding and portrait photographer who provides services to the Austin and Central Texas area. Matthew is the recipient of a 2012 Weddingwire Brides Choice Award for photography.

Matthew is known for his relaxed approach and ability to capture fresh and emotive images for weddings, engagements, or bridal sessions. Matthew balances candid, traditional posing, and fine art photographic elements to capture the beauty and love of your wedding day. Matthew prides himself on being a romantic at heart and believes there is a lot more to wedding photography then just clicking the shutter.

Matthew understands the importance of capturing this beautiful event. Creating beautiful artistic wedding images is his passion, and you should expect nothing less from your photographer.

Contact Matthew today if you can see yourself in his photos. Thank you so much for visiting.

Follow Southard Style Photography on

DSC72102Edit

• Videos 1

13 Reviews for Southard Style Photography

Andrea · Married on 06/14/2014

Matthew was great to work with.

He arrived at the scheduled time to my sister's home where I was getting ready. I was really impressed with how calm and collected he was regardless of all the noise and bustle happening in the house. I was a nervous wreck because there were kids running around and then everyone in the family was standing behind us observing our every photo shot.

He took a ton of pictures and was always available for requests. Half the time I didn't feel him there which was nice. I have dealt with photographers that are in your face like a fly and you try to make the picture a certain way without any natural reactions so that was great.

One thing I appreciated was that he was able to provide at least 5 or 6 pictures via his Facebook page for me to have and view and get a sneak peak before the complete set was done. He finished everything up really fast. I got our DVD in the mail before I even sent out my Thank you cards!

One thing that I lacked for myself were more full shots of me in my dress. I didn't get any bridal pictures done and I didn't think to take as many full blown pictures with my dress as I now wish I would have.

Tips for brides. Make a top 3 list of images you want. I wish I would have done this. Naturally most moments will happen and be captured but there are others I didn't think of that Matthew captured and was happy he did. Example: We had our wedding outdoors and it was a full moon and he took a shot of the moon. AWESOME. I would have never thought of that.

The photographer's expertise is to capture the moments that matter but it's not their job to read our minds and know our style's so it's important to be clear with that and know what we want and ensure we are both on the same page.

Great working with Matthew. Highly recommend it!

Carrie · Married on 02/16/2013

GO WITH SOUTHARD STYLE PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!
    My fiancé and I wanted a small, intimate wedding but we weren't willing to sacrifice on our vendors.... And we can both honestly say that Matt and Southard Style Photography blew our expectations out of the water! When we came across Southard Style Photography, we were immediately impressed with Matt's immediate response and truly sincere interest in wanting to get to know us as a couple. We can assure anybody looking for a phenomenal photographer to document a pivotal moment/day in their lives, the choice should be a no-brainer......GO WITH MATT!!! We were planning a long-distance wedding, and Matt not only made time to have touch bases to get to know us, but even more importantly was prompt, professional, and a true pleasure to work with for the entirety of our wedding day! Matt was a pleasure to work with for the entire duration of our wedding, interacting with us and our guests in a way that made everyone completely at ease and comfortable. And of course, as for the most important part, the final result.....AMAZING!!!! We were blown away by our gallery, Matt was able to capture every moment with such a natural ease and beauty it was incredible! We were brought back to the moment of our vows all over again and are confident we have the most beautiful and amazing mix of traditional, candid and artistic pictures imaginable that we now can treasure with perfect clarity for the remainder of our lifetime! I will close with this, as I didn't want this to be at the forefront of anyone's decision as regardless of cost, Matt is worth every penny, but I will say that Matt's pricing strategy (and most importantly his reasoning) made our decision that much easier. In booking Southard Style, you will undoubtedly receive the best quality and the best price around, and most importantly, an individual with a true passion for what he does and delivers. Thank you Matt, for giving us perfect memories for a lifetime!!

Sent on 03/05/2013

Southard Style Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kinds words and most of all thank you for the honor of being part of your wedding day. You, Ryan, your family, and friends made for an awesome event and I was excited to be along for the ride. Thank you again.

Laurie · Married on 02/16/2013

Matt Southard photographed my daughter's wedding in February in Austin, Texas and I could not be more pleased with the results. From the beginning he understood the type of pictures they wanted for their wedding and reception and captured the exact essence of the events. Matt was totally professional at all times and managed to bring the beauty of the wedding as well as the party-like atmosphere of the reception to life through his photographs. Pictures are one thing we treasure through life and I thank Matt so very much for giving us true memories in such a sentimental and heart-warming way.

Laurie Healy, San Antonio, Texas