Vanessa Joy Photography

Leander, TX View map Visit website

Operating out of Austin, Texas, Vanessa Joy Photography has been documenting weddings and other special occasions since 1998. Boasting multiple awards and decades of experience, owner Vanessa has an eye-catching style that combines natural and photojournalist aesthetics. She takes delight in capturing the candid moments that define her clients’ romantic connections. Inspired by your chemistry, this talented photographer endeavors to provide you with a photo album for you and your loved ones to treasure forever.

Vanessa Joy Photography is willing to serve milestone celebrations in the Austin, Dallas, New York City, and New Jersey areas. From your walk down the aisle to your first dance as newlyweds, Venessa is committed to photographing every glorious scene. She only serves around 20 weddings per year and operates under a one-event-per-day policy. Available photography items consist of albums, canvases, prints, proofs, digital files, and thank-you cards. Vanessa Joy Photography’s specific services include:

• Additional hours
  • The option of a second photographer
  • Coverage of multiple locations
  • Boudoir, engagement, portrait, and trash-the-dress photoshoots
  • Woman-owned

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter

Albums
Digital Files
Flush Mount
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Second Shooter
Trash The Dress
Video
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Prints
Save the Date

• Kirsten
    Kirsten H. Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing experience with top-notch photographer

I would highly recommend Vanessa. I can’t imagine a better photographer. We are thrilled with her work!

Vanessa and her team were the photographers at my September 2021 rehearsal dinner and wedding at Glenmere Mansion in NY. We booked Vanessa about a year in advance on recommendation from our wedding planner. There were a lot of fun touches she did leading up to the wedding day that made us feel like we made the right choice – from a cutting board with my new last name on it to a polaroid camera she sent to us at our home in Colorado, she made us feel very confident in our decision.

My now husband and I were sure we were going to feel uncomfortable doing all of the romantic, looking-into-one-anothers-eyes photos, but Vanessa made us feel so at ease. Her direction was efficient and straightforward, making it easy to follow. Many members of our wedding party and family marveled over how quick and painless she made the whole process. My 90 year old grandfather, who has rarely had a professional photograph taken and wasn’t thrilled at the prospect, kept talking afterwards about how great she was. Vanessa made sure to get a list of “must-have” photos ahead of time and got them all done very quickly, with beautiful results.

I anticipated having to wait a few weeks to get even a preview of the photos from the wedding, but when I got back to my room the night of and checked my phone, she had already sent 50+ BEAUTIFUL photos. I’m not sure how she got that done so quickly, but the images were stunning. She is very artistic, so beyond just the typical shots you see for weddings, she took some very, very cool images that played with light and color and looked like they came out of Vogue.

We had a black tie wedding, and I really appreciated that Vanessa showed up looking so great. She really blended in with the crowd.
  • Ashley
    Ashley T. Married on 06/26/2021

Incredible experience - goes above & beyond!!

Vanessa and her team were absolutely incredible. I’m so happy we went with her for our wedding day. From my experience with her on our foggy weather engagement shoot, I knew that despite whatever weather was thrown our way, our pictures would still come out incredible and it would be one less thing to worry about. Needless to say, our wedding day (and first look) started out with rain and the pictures came out so dreamy despite the weather.

I have to say though, Vanessa really went above and beyond in every aspect leading up to our wedding day as well as the actual day itself. She has a gentle sureness about her that gives you this calming confidence on your wedding day because you know the job will be done and it will be done beautifully. She is very experienced and it shows.
    On the day of our wedding Vanessa even stepped outside of her job description and helped us run our “day of” timeline when we were in need. With her help, we were able to get all of the pictures we wanted and even arrived to our ceremony 20 minutes early, despite the fact that we shot at multiple locations with an 18 person bridal party. She is very professional and well versed in all things wedding/bridal and it showed. When my family and bridesmaids couldn’t find the last bustle in my dress she quickly came over and found it in a few short seconds. It’s the little things that she did that really helped the day go off without a hitch.
    I highly recommended Vanessa and her team - she produces incredible results and even gives you an adorable sneak peak of the photos the night of the wedding. She is someone you definitely want to have on your team for your big day! Highly recommend - worth every penny!
  • Christina
    Christina H. Married on 06/10/2021

Vanessa and her team were a pleasure to work with!

Vanessa and her team were a pleasure to work with to capture not only our small micro wedding in 2020, but also our full wedding in 2021. From the beginning when you decide to work with her, she and her team are very responsive and answer any and all questions you may have. They were always professional and friendly which made it a smooth process leading up to the wedding day and then on the day of. They are prompt showing up on time and get straight to work to capture every small detail of your day. Vanessa guides you throughout the day showing you the best poses and best locations to capture the perfect pictures. The quality of pictures were exactly what we were looking to capture for our wedding day. The package we choose included thank you cards and an album and Vanessa and her team were there every step of the way to help you choose the best pictures and layout of both. I highly recommend booking Vanessa and her team to capture your special occasion. Thanks Vanessa!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Deals

Vanessa Joy Photography 1
Exclusive

McLoone's Pier House McLoone's Pier House Restaurant Weddings

Vanessa Joy Photography should definitely be on your list of photographers to seriously consider. The gorgeous photos, ease of working with one of the best in the business and peace of mind, knowing you have made the right choice, are the reasons we love Vanessa Joy!

Adam Leffel Productions Adam Leffel Productions Wedding Florists

What can I say about Vanessa Joy that has not been said before...... Attention to details, Eye for the unusual, Punctuality, Professional - check all the above and list can go on and on. She captures the event in the most special way to bring to life those moments that will last forever and never fade to a memory. I highly recommend Vanessa Joy for anyone looking for an award winning cutting edge photographer that will make all the dreams happen!

PeterJames Floral Couture PeterJames Floral Couture Wedding Florists

You know that picture you have been imagining....Vanessa is there to make it real.....love is eternal and so will your photos on that special day. Even the ones you havent imagined ....she has...and that is why she is such a professional.

Leander, Texas Leander, TX, 78641
732.508.3656

Appointment Only
Location of (Vanessa Joy Photography)

Other vendors in Austin for your wedding