Shelby Phillips Photography

New York, NY View map Visit website
$2,375 Most Popular Price

$2,375 Most Popular Price

hey you! thanks for dropping by. my name is shelby, and i am a queer artist and manhattan based photographer who specializes in weddings + equine portraiture. my priority as a photographer is developing a personal relationship with each and every one of my clients (two or four legged). your special moments are their most pure when you are comfortable and ready to just have fun, and i am here to create that joyful space.

with me, you get it all: cheerleader, planner, list keeper, and leader. your wedding day is huge with billions of details. i am a self-described enthusiastic fly-on-the-wall. i am right there when groups need to be organized and shots need to be set up, but dissolve into the background for intimate moments and lively dancing. it's your day to relax, have fun, and laugh... and it's my job to capture it all.

my style mimics the way film captures light, color, and depth, though i do shoot digitally. i believe in love in every form, and i celebrate them all. we all deserve to love and be loved in return, whether it be by our partner, pony, or pup. the most important thing to me when i’m working with anyone is that the people and animals in front of my camera are comfortable and able to just be themselves. i’ve become an expert at minimizing the presence of the camera, which gives you the space to relax and enjoy our time together. most of the people i meet lead with, “i’m really awkward.” awkward is good and fun and beautiful! the more present you are able to be, and the more comfortable you become with discomfort, the more you will shine through the camera. i believe in meeting halfway to achieve the same goal: capturing a relationship, love, and life.

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,995

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
One Event / Day
Trash The Dress
Canvas
Save the Date

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,375

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Canvas
Flush Mount

• Jake
    Jake E. Getting married on 09/01/2022

Shelby is clearly talented, communicative, and professional

We hired Shelby for our wedding in Brooklyn and undoubtedly made the best choice for photographer. She was professional, communicative, and obviously talented (her work speaks for itself!)

We chose one of her higher packages that included a second photographer so we could have our groomsmen and bridesmaids both photographed getting ready at separate locations. Throughout the event, she was like a fly on the wall, and captured so many amazing moments without us even taking notice. When our guests engaged with her, she was fun and interactive.

In the end, her photos somehow turned out better than we expected, clearly illustrating her talent and attention to detail.

We have and would highly recommend Shelby to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!
    Lauren G. Getting married on 05/29/2022

Absolutely Priceless

Shelby is incredibly easygoing and flexible, with a genuine focus on making your day true to you. During our consultation in the weeks before the ceremony, it was evident that we would be comfortable in front of the camera with her in charge. Aside from asking for a handful of specific family shots, we gave her full creative control of the day, and I can’t put into words how beautifully her vision came to life. Looking through her portfolio ahead of time, I admittedly expected the photos with my husband and family to be gorgeous given her clear editing and shooting talent. Needless to say, my expectations were very high for the full album. As we opened our album for the first time, we were absolutely blown away by her ability to capture the emotions of our guests during the ceremony. The photo of my mom tearing up, my best friend grinning ear-to-ear while holding my bouquet, and the sweet soft smile of my father-in-law leaning in closer to hear our vows better are all moments that I didn’t get to experience during the ceremony, but will now forever be a part of that day for me. Through photos, she managed to make an already perfect day full of even more joy and emotion. What she provided for us was absolutely priceless and I will be searching for new moments for her to capture in the future.
    Megan K. Married on 11/07/2021

Shelby is the best!

It should be obvious to anyone looking at Shelby's work that her pictures are fantastic :)

I planned to propose to my partner back in March 2020. I had been talking with Shelby pre-pandemic and I was so excited. COVID hit, delayed ring production, we went into lockdown, etc. etc. By the time I was ready to propose a few months later Shelby was out of state for a bit, but referred me to her photographer friend for us to work with (whom I went with for the proposal).

I did not end up working Shelby, but she was so fantastic along every step of the way I felt the need to write a review. I did not want to tell friends or really any family ahead of time, so it was so fun to text and plan with her along the way. She was like a secret cheerleader for the proposal. Even though she was not our photographer, she still texted to check in before and after the proposal to wish me luck, and send her congratulations. She is all around a wonderful person, planner and photographer and I would recommend her without a doubt.

Shelby Phillips Photography's reply:

Megan! It was seriously a pleasure being your secret cheerleader, and even though I was stuck quarantining out of state, I was still thrilled to be able to check in the day of. CONGRATS!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

79 photos · 12/08/2018

Deals

Shelby Phillips Photography 1
Discount

Book your wedding with me and received $100 off your engagement shoot!

Shelby Phillips Photography 2
Discount
Get 10% off your booking with me when you refer a friend and they successfully book! All they have to do is tell me you sent them, and the deal is done! Redeemable on any service!

Team

Shelby
Shelby
Owner

Hey you! Thanks for dropping by. My name is Shelby, and I am a queer artist and Manhattan based photographer who specializes in weddings + equine portraiture. My priority as a photographer is developing a personal relationship with each and every one of my clients (two or four legged). Your special moments are their most pure when you are comfortable and ready to just have fun, and I am here to create that joyful space.

1500 Lexington Ave New York, NY, 10029
Location of (Shelby Phillips Photography)

Shelby Phillips Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Shelby Phillips Photography include in the starting price?

Shelby Phillips Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • One Event / Day
  • Trash The Dress
  • Canvas
  • Save the Date

What photography services does Shelby Phillips Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Shelby Phillips Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Save the Date

What photography styles does Shelby Phillips Photography offer?

Shelby Phillips Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Vintage

What photography services does Shelby Phillips Photography offer?

Shelby Phillips Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • One Event / Day
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Shelby Phillips Photography offer for wedding events?

Shelby Phillips Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Shelby Phillips Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Shelby Phillips Photography is recommended by 86% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.6 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.8 in average response time, 4.6 in quality of service, 4.6 in flexibility, 4.6 in professionalism and 4.6 in value.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Shelby Phillips Photography offer?

Shelby Phillips Photography currently offers 2 discount promotions for wedding services.

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding