Salon 52 Hair Studio

Poughkeepsie, NY View map

Salon 52 first opened in May of 2010. Starting as a large salon and downsizing about 4 years ago after welcoming my first child. I have designed the studio to meet all of your hair and makeup needs. I specialize in all occasion up-dos and bridal styling, extension work and more. Bridal artistry trained by Senada Ceka, Babaevski and many more. My work has been published on endless beauty and wedding websites, magazines, blogs and bridal style books. I am a proud mother and wife. Lover of donuts, Motorcycles,and dry shampoo.
10 year couples choice award from wedding wire
*Readers Choice for Best Colorist in the Hudson Valley
by Hudson Valley Magazine.*

In addition, to myself I have a team of freelance artists we specialize in all bridal styles and makeup, both on location and in studio. Stylists are available by appointment only and we are always accepting new faces! Salon hours vary per stylist, reach out to us so we can customize a visit for you!
Instagram @salon52pk
FAQ

Should I schedule a trial before I book the date?
Our dates book extremely fast. We recommend reserving your date as soon as possible. You are more than welcome to schedule a trial before booking, however we cannot ensure your wedding date unless it is reserved.

Do you schedule trials on the weekends?
Unfortunately, since we book weddings all year long during the weekends, we are not able to accommodate trials on those days since we will be away from the salon. We are more than happy to schedule a trial for you on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.

Do you travel to perform services on location?
Absolutely! We are more than happy to travel to the location where you will be getting ready. We charge $1 for every mile traveled to and from the salon.

What services do you provide?
Hairstyle options:
- Updos
- Half-up
- All Down
- Blow-out Styling
- Hair Extensions (provided by client)
Makeup options:
- Traditional
- Airbrush
- Temporary Lashes

How long will it take to complete the hair and makeup for the bride and bridal party? Will there be enough time to complete a large bridal party?
Our services are custom to each bride. Timing according to every bridal party is different. At your trial we will discuss the time at which you need to be ready and schedule the starting time for your services which is when we will plan to arrive on location. Please rest assured that your makeup artist and stylist will have you and your bridal party ready on time on your big day.

Why should I choose Salon 52 for my wedding day?
As an established business for over 10 years, Salon 52 Hair Studio has had the privilege of sharing our talents on location with over 1000 bridal parties. Salon 52 is the ORIGINAL HUDSON VALLEY BRIDAL TEAM Through continued education, our licensed, trained and insured professionals stay current to bring you the latest trends and styles in the bridal and beauty industry. Our awards, reviews, testimonials, and references prove that we are dedicated to providing extraordinary customer service to you and your wedding party. Not only do we provide exceptional hair and makeup services, our stylists and makeup artists are fun and outgoing to work with to ensure that you have the best possible bridal experience.

• Woman-owned

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Hair
Makeup
Mult. Stylists
Salon
Licensed

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Coloring
Haircuts
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Tattoo Coverage

• Hallie
    Hallie S. Married on 10/03/2021

Best hair/makeup team!

Chelsea and her team stood by me through two postponements during the COVID pandemic. They were extremely flexible and kind, helpful, and answered every question I had. On the big day, Chelsea, Heather, Lindsay, and Angela got everyone's hair and makeup done in a timely manner (not an easy feat for 10 people!) and everyone looked amazing.
    I appreciated that everyone looked natural and not too overdone. I was concerned about my skin and I also really appreciated Heather answering all my questions leading up to the big day and taking her time so I looked my best!
  • Kristie
    Kristie T. Married on 07/23/2021

Amazing! Can't wait to use for my big wedding!

Chelsea was amazing to work with from the start! She's very responsive and answers all of your questions. I had originally planned to use her services for me and all of my bridesmaids for my large wedding but had to postpone due to COVID. She was able to be flexible and still style my hair for my "microwedding" this August. Due to COVID we weren't able to have a trial, but after showing Chelsea a few different pictures she totally nailed what I wanted! This was even more impressive because I am not usually the best at communicating exactly what I want when it comes to hair and makeup. Chelsea worked amazingly with my hair type and was so personable the whole time. She also rearranged her schedule so that she could be there early enough to do my hair. I cannot wait to use her for my "big wedding" next summer!
    Kat F. Married on 07/16/2021

Yes yes yes!

Chelsea and Heather are the dream team! I am a COVID bride who had to reschedule to July 2021. They were so accommodating during that crazy time and easily moved their services to my new date. These two are not only professional and talented but are so much fun to be around. They are easy-going and kind while making sure you and your loved ones look beautiful. Each of my bridesmaids were able to select their own hair and makeup styles and Chelsea and Heather made everyone look and feel like a rock star. They also went above and beyond when at the last minute they accommodated my grandmother, who is undergoing chemo, and did her hair and makeup. Chelsea also has a background in working with wigs and easily styled my grandmother’s wig. I HIGHLY recommend Salon 52 for your wedding!!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Makeup Artistry by Jillian Makeup Artistry by Jillian Wedding Hair & Makeup

Salon 52 is the BEST for a reason ! Working along side such creativity is inspiring makes me grateful to be in this industry. They are smart, organized, beautiful, kind and bring such positivity to each event ! These ladies LOVE what they do and their creations show this from beginning to end ! They create master pieces in perfect time and transform every bride into the princess they've always dreamt of being on their most special day !!!!!

Caitlinn Mahar-Daniels Caitlinn Mahar-Daniels Wedding Photographers

The ladies at Salon 52 never cease to amaze me. They have such beautiful vision and execution we are blown away every single time. Once we know we are working with them or walk into a getting ready space and see one of them working their magic we can't help but jump for joy. It is always a pleasure and they are such wonderful human beings. They are true artists doing what they love and are damn good at it too!

Hudson Valley Ceremonies Hudson Valley Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Salon 52 is one of only a few Hair and Makeup artists that I recommend to my couples. They respond quickly and always have the up most respect for my couples when it comes to the style they want for their wedding.

11 Marist Drive. Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601
Location of (Salon 52 Hair Studio)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding