Engagement
Shoot included

About Ruben Photography

Member of United States Senate press Photographers group

My name is Ruben Gamarra. I am a full time wedding, portrait, corporate event and virtually anything you can imagine, professional photographer with eighteen years experience. I am the owner of the business, which is located in NW Washington DC within walking distance of Woodley Park Zoo/Adams Morgan Metro station.

A little about me: My clients have described me as a gifted and talented photographer. Maybe that's because I love putting my artistic mind to work, creating beautiful images with a sense of style and good taste.

For indoors, I use off-camera strobe and flash controlled by radio transmitters, creating portable professional studio-lighting effects available at any location, no matter the size.

All of the photographic equipment I work with is part of Canon’s high-end professional line. In addition, I have advanced knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and several plug-ins and filters.

For your peace of mind, as a member of Professional Photographers of America (PPA) I am insured, which can be important in the DC metro area as many venues require photographers to have liability insurance.

As a former photojournalist, I photographed top U.S. and international government officials and world leaders, including Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama at the White House, Capitol Building, United Nations in New York City, Summit of the Americas in Argentina and at various embassies.

Finally, throughout my career, I have traveled the world, including the continental United States, Canada, Europe, Asia and  Latin America and enjoy working with people from all cultures and lifestyles.

For appointments or inquiries, please call or email me at:

Phone: 202-531-2015

Liability Insurance (1)
Multi. Locations (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Prints (1)

Ruben was our photographer for our wedding on December 10, 2016. He captured amazing photos and memories of the event. I liked working with Ruben because he was very responsive, quick to answer questions via email or text. If you want to see some of our photos, check out Real Weddings on his website and then click Downtown DC. Those were just a few of the several fabulous photos he took for us!

Profile Picture Michelle, 12/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you want someone with experience, creativity, and availability, chose Ruben. He was very accommodating, and we chose him from at least 10 photographers. He worked with us every step of the way!

Profile Picture Lindi, 11/19/16, 1 Review

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

220x220 sq 1517763012509 1517762986273 2018 engagement gift certificate

Two hours free engagement photo session, a value of $300

$300.00 Value | Redeem In-Store
1.- Two hours free engagement photo session, a value of $300 with a signed contract.
Offer Expires: 02/28/2018
Available to the first 10 couples
#WW81398db5a80db897
220x220 sq 1517763099337 1517763072605 2018 10 gift certificate

10% off for any Wedding book packages with signed contract

$300.00 Value | Redeem In-Store
10% discount for any wedding book of $2200 or $2500 packages with a signed contract
Offer Expires: 02/28/2018
Available to the first 20 couples
#WW232680643fcf78c1

5 ENDORSEMENTS
We have worked with Ruben at numerous Weddings and events. WORK WITH is key here. We work well together as a team with respect for the professionalism of each other. The resultant photos and video are the result of that teamwork. When you hire Ruben, you hire the best. Jim Ratliff, Pres, 5iveStar Media Productions

I have worked with Ruben several times, he is a very professional photographer and easy to work with.

It is my pleasure to give this endorsement to Ruben who I have worked with on many events over the years. Not only is he a true professional at the top of his game but he is also a delight to work with. He has a gentle personality and at all times recognizes that his MO and that of the other vendors should add to the overall enjoyment of the client’s special event, whether it is a wedding, corporate event or even a memorial service. Take a look at his portfolio and you will see the stunningly beautiful results from the various events that he has covered. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to any client looking for quality work and appropriate social skills – two attributes that I believe are essential for most event vendors.

Ruben did a fantastic job for a wedding I worked on. His images truly captured the romantic feeling of the celebration. I recommend using Ruben for events, I sure will!

Events

2227 Hunters Run Drive, Reston, VA 20191   See On Map
202-531-2015 (phone)
By appointment 10am to 7pm on request evenings and Sundays.
Ruben Photography is a wedding Photographer from Washington, DC servicing weddings throughout the local area, including Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Baltimore. Ruben Photography is a professional Wedding Photographer that has been part of the DC/MD/VA wedding industry since 1998 specializing in Wedding Photography Corporate event Photography.