Washington, DC 20008 Map · Phone number

About Professional DJ Services by Brad McCormick

I’ve been Djing for 15 years. For the past 11 years I have focused on mostly weddings, company parties and some college/grad school events. I work full time in the music industry for Warner Music Group and have built an extensive music collection over the years. My style is more low key and I try to let the music run the party and not be overbearing. I do pay very close attention to detail and work with every customer one on one on building their music plan and timeline for their reception.

For the most part I try to avoid the wedding cliche music you might expect to hear at a lot of weddings, although if you and your guests want to hear a song like YMCA, I would be happy to play it. Everyone has their own tastes and you never know what will get a party going. I incorporate guest requests when appropriate and consult with the bride and groom in advance of their wedding day on any requests they may have. I play a mix of new and old styles throughout the night to keep everyone dancing. For the most part I tend to play songs that everyone will enjoy in the beginning whether it’s a slow song by Elvis or Frank Sinatra or more upbeat selections like Motown songs of Stevie Wonder, Jackson 5 or The Temptations, something that everyone can enjoy or maybe if more appropriate everything kicks off with a brand new current hit dance song. Later in the night I may play more of the newer current hits for the younger crowd while still throwing in something for everyone else here and there. This is just an example, I work with every couple one on one to help implement their vision for what they want on their day.

I never know what is going to work until I get to know what the couple getting married is interested in and after discussing what their family and friends might be interested in and take into consideration the age ranges of the guest list, whether it's hip-hop or country, latin or ballroom dancing, it's your wedding and I work with you to make it perfect. I will work with your wedding coordinator, on site caterers and other vendors, photographers etc to make sure everything is running on time and as planned. I can provide ceremony music as well as cocktail hour and dinner music. I believe the music during these portions are just as important as the dancing. I have DJed hundreds of events all over the District, Northern VA and surrounding Maryland area. I encourage anyone looking for a DJ to call them, ask questions and take note of what questions the DJ asks you about your wedding.

Follow Professional DJ Services by Brad McCormick on

528eddff00993efc 1522259971 e7b80aef8a779825 1522259965487 7 i7
898af84f7776ddf2 1522259973 30c171a7b3a077b1 1522259971 db4e27e7e14538ad 152225

23 Reviews for Professional DJ Services by Brad McCormick

Tori · Married on 01/09/2016

Brad did a wonderful job with providing the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception :) during our reception a couple from the party down the hall walked in and started dancing as a joke. When I walked up to them, they apologized and said "we are sorry, the music is just way better in here than at the other party". It was hilarious. But confirmed that I made a good choice picking Brad as my DJ :)

Sent on 01/12/2016

ML · Married on 05/30/2015

Beyond the obvious intimate, special moments with my new husband, the one thing I wanted to take away from my wedding was that everyone got out on the dance floor to dance the night away with us and left our wedding with huge smiles and partied out bare feet. So let me take a moment to thank Brad for using his truly brilliant music/DJ experience and knowledge to make my our night even better than I could have imagined. Everyone - and I mean from 90 year old grandmas to 6 year old nieces - found, at the very least, a song or two during the evening to get out on the floor and boogie. From slow songs to sway to, to oldies that are actually goodies, to 80's & 90's songs to reminisce to, to moments of country music that drew people TO the floor, to current favorites - Brad moved the whole evening along effortlessly and delighted all who were there. I think the best, and clearest, sign of just how much he mastered the audience was the loud chanting at the end of the night for "ONE MORE SONG!!!" when we had to close shop.

I would be remiss if I didn't also mention just how perfectly he wove my musical taste with my husbands in creating the right mood during our cocktail hour to keep things lively but not overwhelm the chance for folks to catch up over a few drinks before dinner. He segued perfectly into handling our dinner music with similar expertise and success. I just could not have been any happier with how he took the time to understand us and just nailed the landing for our big day.

So many horror stories of tone deaf DJs, we've all heard them or witnessed them first hand, had terrified my mom and had her begging that we go band and not DJ. Thankfully, I had the benefit of being at a previous wedding where Brad DJ'ed, so I believed he would do a good job. I was wrong - he did a flipping TREMENDOUS job. And my mom (no easy convert)...now all she talks about is how much fun she had dancing (shoeless) and how fantastic the music was.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Kate · Married on 09/19/2014

DJ Brad was amazing. I'd been to a wedding he had DJ'ed before so I knew he was good, but we were both just so pleased with the night. He played ceremony and reception music and provided microphones for readers and the officiant. He was prompt, professional, and easy to work with throughout. We gave him some must plays and he framed everything around that. We wanted a party and he did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed and everyone was saying he killed it - hit after hit. He read the crowd perfectly and his ability to flow across genres and time periods was flawless and kept the party going, engaging all the age groups that were in attendance. We could not recommend him enough!!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Professional DJ Services by Brad McCormick FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 999.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,150.00
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Aronstam Photography
    Aronstam Photography Wedding Photographers

A few years ago, I lived next door to Brad McCormick and I can attest that he a great person. He is an excellent, kind individual and will surely be a fine component to a lively wedding reception.

• Ruben Photography
    Ruben Photography Wedding Photographers

I did work wit Mr. Brad McCormick on multiple occasions, as usual he is very professional, with excellent musical coordination and good taste and style, I would highly recommended him!.

• Washington, 20008 See on map