La Mirada, CA 90637 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,000
Availability Check your date

About Rachel Wakefield | Wedding Photographer

los angeles county wedding photographer serving southern california couples

I grew up with my mom being an artist, and I was submerged into the art world at a young age. On the weekends, when I was a child, we'd visit museums. During the week I'd study my mom in the evenings as she'd create on different mediums. Her paintings, drawings and pottery flowed throughout our home. She was always encouraging me to see art and light everywhere I went.

AT THE AGE OF 22 I DECIDED TO PICK UP MY CAMERA, INVEST IN A LENS AND START DOCUMENTING COUPLE'S LOVE.

For me, photography is storytelling.

How can I get you to feel what they feel? How can you experience what they are experiencing?

Submerging into people's lives and stories leaves me full. It's getting to create together that brings me to a satisfying place as an artist. You guys, so many people chanted me on as I stumbled through making mistakes and taking risks. It's hard to get to know someone on the "about" page. Let's meet in real life, dream together and make art.

rachelwakefieldphotography.com

08 030002
08 030001

20 Reviews for Rachel Wakefield | Wedding Photographer

Tia · Getting married on 03/27/2020

I wish I could give 10 stars on everything!!!! Rachel was out of this world!!!! She was so HELPFUL, so WELCOMING, and FRIENDLY. She handles stressful situations very well and is very patient with people. She is so PROFESSIONAL and her work is AMAZING!!! Rachel is worth EVERY DIME!!!! I cannot express enough how grateful we are for her, her time, and her talents. Honestly, she feels like a friend to us. We are grateful for the whole experience from beginning to end. Rachel also put together an extensive schedule for the of our wedding for the photography, which as a bride planning her wedding on her own helped big time with coming up with a schedule and timeline for the day as well! Rachel captured every moment we asked her too, nothing was forgotten. Rachel also did our engagement photos, and she did such a great job making us feel comfortable behind the camera :). We are extremely satisfied. Honestly, I know Rachel specializes in weddings, enlopements, and engagements but I wish she also did other photo shoots as well because we would DEFINITELY use her!!! For family photos, Christmas photos, etc. that’s how much we loved her! We would use for our everything photographer, for our every need as our family grows. But either way, we will always refer people to Rachel and happily and proudly brag about her services :) she deserves it and it’s only true, so how could we not!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Rachel Wakefield | Wedding Photographer's reply:

CRYING OVER HERE!!! Every word, Tia, means so much. You are an absolute sweetheart. Thank you for trusting me to capture your love. It was MY PLEASURE. I wish the very best for you guys, and seriously, just call when you want family photos. I'll totally do them for you sweethearts!! Love you two!

Leah · Married on 08/06/2017

Rachel was the perfect photographer! She captured the hidden moments of our wedding day that mean the world to me now. Rachel is so natural at making her clients feel like life long friends. I loved her intention, her thoughtfulness and the way she made us feel on our big day! I seriously couldn't imagine my wedding being photographed by anyone else!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Colleen · Married on 07/15/2017

Rachel gave my fiancé and me everything we wanted out of an engagement shoot. She is the perfect mix of creative and unique, yet classic and timeless. She made sure to capture authentic photos that were candid and not overly-posed. I was very picky in choosing a photographer that delivered high quality images and she did just that in a timely manner. We had so much fun with our shoot and we are thrilled with the outcome!

Sent on 11/03/2016

• Kreative Hands
    Kreative Hands Wedding Florists

We had the good fortune of getting our Kreative floral arrangements captured beautifully by Rachel at Malibu west beach club and Malibu Presbyterian church! The colors were shades of purple and lavender. Rachel's eye for color was just stunning! She captured the most unique nooks and the most amazing expressions! Coming all the way from Nebraska, what an amazing photographer who really understands style, color, the unique moments! Glancing through the images, I felt Rachel showcased our Kreative flowers in the most breathtaking way! Thank you Rachel! Look forward to many more....

• Malibu West Beach Club
    Malibu West Beach Club Country Club Weddings

Rachel is a warm and open person to deal with and she has such a beautiful eye for capturing the most special images at a wedding. I love her work and recommend her often!