1-250
Guest Capacity
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About Potomac Riverboat Company

We hope to see you on the river!

The Cherry Blossom is the perfect setting for your dream wedding! Enjoy the beautiful authentic paddle wheeler designed and created for gracious private entertaining on the Potomac River. The re-creation of the 19th century Victorian riverboat helps create the perfect setting for any special occasion. The boat was built in 1984 has the most elegant setting from the ornate railings to the plush interior of brass and mahogany. The Cherry Blossom has two interior salons which are heated and air-conditioned for year round comfort. The third deck is open air, offering the most spectacular views of Old Town Alexandria, the Washington D.C. Skyline, or the new National Harbor. The Cherry Blossom sails from her home port of Alexandria, Virginia, just a short 15 minute drive from Washington, D.C. or chose to sail from the National Harbor, MD.

Call us today for prices or to set up an appointment to view the Cherry Blossom.

Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

Regions serviced: Washington DC

Follow Potomac Riverboat Company on

30 Reviews for Potomac Riverboat Company

Event Planning (2)
Indoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)

I would tell them that the Cherry Blossom is the perfect place to have a wedding and reception inn one place. The staff is attentive and did a great job taking care of our needs.

Profile Picture Cindy, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you are thinking of booking them, do it. The Cherry Blossom is your venue. I had to do all the planning for my wedding myself and I don't know if I would have been able to do it without their help. Not only was it one of the best values I could find in the area, but it felt really special and fun to have all our friends and family on the boat with us. Plus everybody is all in one place and can relax and enjoy the day rather than trying to drive to a different location for the reception. All our guests loved it, and Old Town is great to walk around afterwards.
My advice is to book for slightly longer than you think you need because time will fly. Also, the style of the interior is Victorian with neutral pinks and greens. I worked touches of the colors and style into my table settings and I think it really tied the room together and looked classy. The inside is so pretty, you don't really have to do much.
You do have to use one of their approved vendors, but that is really for the best since you can be confident they know the boat well. I went with King Street Blues for my caterer, and the food was great and the owner really fantastic to work with, but sadly he couldn't be there the day of and his crew did actually flub up on some small things. I think this was probably just miscommunication, but if Rick can't be there, you might want to make sure to speak with whoever will be heading up the catering crew and just make sure you are on the same page. But all that had nothing to do with PRC, who could not have been better.
When pricing things out, consider you probably don't need to rent any chairs since they are on the boat, so the Cherry Blossom might actually be cheaper than other places once you take that into account. And if you need to save some money, we skipped the open bar and just had champagne and a soda bar, which was perfect, and we left at noon, which worked out well for people driving in from out of town. Excellent, excellent venue.

Profile Picture User7444553, 1+ year ago, 1 Review

1 VIDEO

Cherry Blossom Weddings
1:02 minutes

9 ENDORSEMENTS
Unique venue for special events! High level of customer service and wonderful staff!

PRC has everything together. When you have an event, they have load-in/load-out for vendors scheduled so that they get the time needed to get everything on & off the vessel in a timely fashion and are easy to work with. As a DJ, they have the ability to put the DJ on one floor, but DJ to all decks at once. The various settings lend themselves to entertainment, meals, and hanging out, without forcing people to stay in certain parts of the riverboat. I always look forward to events with PRC.

great riverboat, my bride had her wedding there, it was amazing!!

111 PROS I KNOW

Events

211 N. Union St. Suite #250, Alexandria, VA 22314   See On Map
703-684-0583 (phone)
Potomac Riverboat Company is a wedding venue from Northern Virginia. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Virginia, DC, and Maryland. Potomac Riverboat Company is a professional wedding venue that has been part of the Washington, D.C. wedding industry for 30 years. We specialize in unique event space for your social events and weddings.