The River View

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 300 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 300 guests

The River View is a wedding venue located in Lorton, Virginia. This beautiful, multi-million dollar venue is located at Occoquan Regional Park, offering stunning natural scenery and a peaceful location for your upcoming event. With several indoor and outdoor spaces available for your use, along with attentive service and rich history, The River View could be the perfect venue for you.

Facilities and Capacity
The River View’s main venue space is a large, spacious indoor area with floor-to-ceiling windows and unique wood accents. There is also the 1608 Room available, which offers a unique, educational experience, and it a great spot for your cocktail hour. This venue also offers a couple of outdoor ceremony sites as well, so that you can get married overlooking the gorgeous Occoquan River. On your wedding day, you will also have exclusive, private access to the Hospitality Suite and historic Scale House Cottage, for all of your preparations. This venue has enough space and resources to accommodate groups of up to 425 people for a wedding ceremony, reception, bridal shower, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, or other special celebration.

The River View not only offers a beautiful location for your wedding day, but also a great selection of services that will only enhance your experience. The attentive staff and great accommodations will make your day stress-free and easy. Take advantage of the detailed coordination services, top-notch rental items, and delicious catering menus. At your reception, enjoy a buffet, plated, stationed, or family style meal that will impress all of your guests. The venue can provide all of the tables, chairs, decor, flatware, glassware, china, and more for your event, as well. Aside from these services, you may also receive the following at The River View:

• Bar services
  • Setup/cleanup
  • Liability insurance

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Glassware
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Wine
Signature Drink

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Historic Building
Park
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Catering Services
Clean Up
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Liquor License
Signature Drink

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Chairs
Decor
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
November
December

Clare O. Married on 01/22/2022

Great Venue

The River View was absolutely gorgeous as our venue. The planning staff was very easy to work with and everything ended up looking beautiful 💜
  • Ryan
    Ryan K. Married on 10/10/2021

Love at First Sight

So my wife and I toured the River View in February of 2019 and we instantly loved the venue when we walked into the building. We first met with Cori and her team, she gave us a thorough rundown of the venue. She was so friendly and patient with our questions. She explained at that time that the River View was a new venue. We were excited that it was recently build and the scenery in the area wowed us, especially since it's on the river bank. We were so impressed, we signed a contract the next day to reserve our wedding for April of 2020. We wanted to try their catering partner, Great Blue Heron, so we went to a taste testing at the venue a few weeks later. We were also impressed with their appetizers, entrees, and variety of foods, that we decided to have Great Blue Heron cater our wedding reception. A year of wedding planning zoomed by quickly and as you well know by the time we were almost ready to have our wedding we had to postpone it due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Soon after a Virginia State of Emergency was announced, Cori and her team provided us with alternative dates. At first we postponed it for six months but after three months of the ongoing pandemic we decided to push it out till October of 2021 just to be safe and with the hope of a vaccine coming out way before our wedding. Cori was so patient and made it so easy to reschedule our weddings twice. Fast forward another year and we are finally doing our walk through with Cori and she made it very easy. We went down her check lists, reviewed the layouts for the ceremony and reception, and did a final walkthrough of the venue. Afterwards, both my wife and I felt more at ease with the wedding planning. Finally, on the day of the wedding, everything that we required of the venue was exactly what we wanted or better. We got compliments for the beautiful venue, the amazing scenery, our guests enjoyed the special cocktail drink (we asked a Fall weather drink and they made a delicious hot apple cider bourbon), and guests loved the food. Cori and her team really made it a perfect day for our wedding and we absolutely recommend the River View.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Cori Talbot
Cori Talbot
Hospitality & Event Sales Manager

Cori Talbot | CMP, PCA & IAVM member

As a graduate of the University of Florida, I have worked in both the public and private sectors of hospitality & events. From medieval fairs to art festivals, historic community events to wine festivals, and finally from large-scale conventions to weddings, I feel I have a one-of-a-kind view on event planning.

In my role as the Hospitality & Events Sales Manager for The River View with NOVA Parks, I work directly with clients from the touring phase, throughout planning, and during the day-of execution. I have been in this role for three years and I LOVE helping clients make their day go smoothly.

FUN FACTS

• I am obsessed with my dogs (Cotton & Crash)
  • I'm an east-coast girl who has lived in New Hampshire, Florida, and now Virginia.
  • In my free time, you'll find me roller skating!
Fernanda Harman
Fernanda Harman
Events Coordinator

Fernanda "Fern" Harman | PCA

After working 2 years at Events Services (GMU) as a Lead, working with a wedding planner as her intern, and graduating from George Mason University, I quickly realized that events is what I love to do.

As the Events Coordinator at The River View, I am able to show all clients my passion when delivering their event. My happiness comes from seeing others happy!

I am very thankful to work with an amazing and caring staff that makes coming to work something to look forward to. It's true when they say, if you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life!

FUN FACTS

• I was born and raised in Brazil (Yes, I can speak Portuguese)
  • I am very competitive when it comes to board games

• On my free time, I like to do anything that's arts and crafts

9751 Ox Road Lorton, VA, 22079
703-690-2121

10am-4pm
Location of (The River View)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding