The River View Reviews

27 Reviews for The River View

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/17/2020

Best venue!

I threw more than a few temper tantrums towards my now husband insisting upon this venue and wow I’m so glad I did and only a little ashamed about it.
    This place is gorgeous at all times of the year. The building itself is such a nice modern vibe it’s a nice change from all the barns in this area! The windows are so gorgeous and the view of the river is perfect! I love all of our pics from this place!

Sent on 11/17/2020
  • De’Angela

De’angela B. · Married on 08/28/2020

The Perfect Venue!

The Riverview at Occoquan was my absolute number 1 choice for our wedding venue. The floor to ceiling windows and the open concept layout was the perfect space for what our wedding planner and I envisioned. The Coordinators (Cori, Fern, and Brooke) were always so responsive. When the government stay-at-home mandate was put in place and all large gatherings were postponed the staff immediately reached out to let us know what our options were and they were very flexible with cancellations and rescheduling. The catering services provided by Great Blue Heron was also very impressive. Our guests certainly enjoyed their meals. The ONLY downfall of the venue is the uneven/patchy grass in the outdoor ceremony space.

Sent on 09/03/2020
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 08/01/2020

Our wedding was perfect!!

Everyone we met at the venue was absolutely AMAZING!! Their communication was awesome and they were always so quick to respond to any questions we had. Working with them was just such a delight and I believe the staff really enjoys what they do. They took such great care of us on our wedding day and they were so flexible especially because we had to move the ceremony indoors about an hour before the guests arrived. They recommended vendors where we needed them too and they were just so helpful with everything. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and exactly what we envisioned! And they’re very dog friendly which is great because we had our pup in our wedding and he was able to stay on premises the whole day (and get all the belly rubs and treats he could ask for from the staff).

Sent on 08/17/2020

Sunny · Married on 04/12/2020

A beautiful venue at a reasonable price with great staff

When we were doing the venue hunting for our wedding, we fell in love with the venue although we had initially considered a winery wedding. The initial person who gave us a walk-in tour was not as well-trained or professional (We didn't see her or interact with her after the initial walk-in tour, so she would have been a part-time or temporary worker), but the rest of the staff once we decided to consider the River View as our wedding venue was a great team, not only friendly and responsive, but also professional (even after the wedding was over... being very helpful with the lost and found items and communicating about additional queries)!

The venue looked really nice in the pictures, but wow... a simple walk-in visit was all we needed and we did not need to think twice after looking at the beautiful and modern building not to mention the amazing views that it has which gave us the option of an outdoor wedding.

Like many other couples who might have had to or are still planning their weddings under the unprecedented COVID situations, we had to unexpectedly postpone our wedding, but Cori and her staff have been extremely helpful and communicative. She continuously kept us informed of the changes on the COVID related restrictions that would apply to VA. We were concerned and unsure about how we should go about our originally planned wedding date and Cori was very professional and patient answering our questions throughout the wedding planning after we decided to do it four months after.

Although our rescheduled wedding date was still under COVID situations, Cori and the staff kept us informed of the latest and have been very flexible and supportive in coping with our requests being mindful of the safety of the guests.

All staff were on site earlier than we had thought helping us with the table decorations (If you give them a detailed description with pictures, they would be happy to and can really do a great job with helping out with the decor!) and setting up the reception area.

Our guests loved the venue, especially the sunlight and the space (our wedding was a daytime wedding), so they all felt comfortable to enjoy the reception with all the distance we kept between the tables, and between the guests and the vendors. All River View staff and the servers from the catering company were wearing masks and gloves at all times which also helped our guests feel safe. Our guests love the meals as well (they have a designated catering company that they are partnering with).

Just bear in mind though that this beautiful wedding venue does not come with most of the equipment, from extension cords to a screen or a projector etc., but if you ask, you can find the few available ones that you can still borrow from them (e.g. decor related items such as easels, table numbers, cake stand etc.).

The only thing that I wish the staff did differently was on locking the bridal suite and the groom's cottage (which is located outside the main building) as the latter could accidentally give access to random strangers who got curious and mistakenly walked in to check what the building was). Nothing was stolen, but I'd suggest that you ask if the rooms can stay locked during the event while the staff holding onto the keys when you need to enter the room.

Other than that, everyone including ourselves loved the venue on a beautiful day (we had the wedding ceremony outside and the reception inside the main hall) even with the ongoing COVID thanks to the attentive and flexible staff. The venue can hold more than 700 people, so it was perfect for social distancing especially for a small guest size like ours.

Would highly recommend the River View at Occoquan! Be sure to ask for VA resident discount!

Sent on 09/08/2020
  • Biz

Biz E. · Married on 02/08/2020

This was an easy choice for me

I got married here in February of 2020, and I am so glad I chose this venue! Their team answered my questions promptly whenever I asked. I had tons of access to the venue during the planning process, and there were a million great places for photo ops. The day of my wedding went perfectly, and I felt very well attended by the whole staff.

Sent on 02/29/2020
  • Jim

Jim S. · Married on 12/08/2019

Outstanding venue and staff

Amazing, friendly, professional, and attentive staff. Beautiful venue! Thank you so much for going out of your way to make our special day even more memorable.

Sent on 12/08/2019

Madden O. · Married on 11/08/2019

A perfect venue

We couldn't have imagined our reception anywhere else. It was so beautiful and refined, and was even better than my wedding dreams. The girls were a pleasure to work with, they heard what we were saying and brought our vision to life, special mentions to Cori and Fernanda. They set up your decor and break it down for you, help you with your linen rentals, and SO much more. We live near the venue and definitely popped in unannounced and they still made time to work with us and answer any questions we may have had. They were so flexible and truly made our experience flawless. Thank you for our dream reception!

Sent on 11/28/2019

Ellen W. · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing venue!!!

Shortly after getting engaged, one of my mom’s friends recommended that we check out The River View and I am SO glad we did! It was the first place we looked at and we stopped there. The venue itself is beyond gorgeous and right on the water. They work with a specific catering company and the food was amazing (I wish I’d had more time to eat during the wedding)! I worked mostly with Cori and she was on top of everything from the moment I reserved the date. The walkthrough was a breeze, thanks to her organization and planning, and she had great suggestions! She clearly knows her way around a wedding and the day-of turned out PERFECTLY. I seriously did not have to worry about a thing. Our pictures turned out amazingly, there are so many good spots for gorgeous photographs around the property. Highly recommend The River View for any big events in the future!!!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Bizu

Bizu S. · Married on 10/06/2019

Beautiful experience!

From the moment we saw it during our venue search to the day of our wedding, we knew that The River View was the best choice we made for our wedding! They were incredibly responsive, thoughtful, and their work was beautiful! They were so accommodating working with us as out-of-towners and answering all of our questions from afar. Our friends and family also kept sharing with us that they enjoyed the food and drinks, and that this was the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to. It also really helped that the grand space does not need many decorations as the architecture of the building and the views of the river are lovely. We really appreciate all of their support and highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/18/2019

The River View's reply:

Thank you Bizu. We loved having you and we are happy to hear that your day was everything you wanted. Thank you choosing us for your special day!

Kate · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful waterfront venue

We had our wedding at The River View on 9/28/19 and were so delighted with our experience. From the moment we toured and selected this venue, it has been a pleasure to work with Cori and the team at River View, including Liz and the Great Blue Heron catering staff. Our day went off without a hitch thanks to all the hard-working pros at the venue. The photos are stunning thanks to this gorgeous location and we got so many compliments from our guests on the outdoor ceremony and the reception, it is a truly unique space. Thank you all so much for making our day so special.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie F. · Married on 09/06/2019

Absolutely Stunning & Perfect!

My husband and I got married here on 09/06/2019. We had an AMAZING experience! The staff, particularly Cori and Liz, were extremely helpful, responsive, and worked with us throughout the whole process. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The venue was STUNNING! We had our ceremony outside with a gorgeous view of the river. The reception area inside is extremely spacious and has plenty of natural lighting with all of the windows. Great Blue Heron is their caterer and the food was outstanding. We received so many compliments from our guests about the venue, staff, and food. I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to The River View at Occoquan! I couldn’t recommend this place enough. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/12/2019

The River View's reply:

You're an angel, Melanie! Thank you for the kind review and choosing us to host your family and friends.

Kristin · Married on 08/30/2019

Loved our venue!

This review is long overdue! Our wedding planner had gone to the River View's grand opening in July of 2018 and thought of us. She was on the money because this was the PERFECT venue! Cori and her team are extremely responsive, detail-oriented, and transparent. They made the whole process from touring the venue to the day of the wedding very easy and smooth. Great Blue Heron catering is responsible for the food and drinks so that was one less vendor to worry about (they came recommended by a friend who used them at another NOVA parks site, and despite agreeing to use them before tasting the food, you still get a HUGE tasting of pretty much everything on their menu to make your own selections---come hungry!) The River View is absolutely gorgeous. The pictures look amazing, but really don't do it justice. It was one of the aspects of our wedding guests kept complimenting us on over and over again. The outdoor space is just as beautiful as the indoor architecture, so much so that my fiancé and I could have tossed a coin and been happy with either ceremony plan. You can have the ceremony in one of two outdoor spaces or indoors. We chose indoors since it was Labor Day weekend and a still little too warm out, but we were able to have an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour complete with yard games that come with the venue and took pictures outside as well. The view over the water is gorgeous and the docks make for some beautiful photo options. The Brickmaker's Cafe is also located below the venue and offers a food truck for late night eats during the reception, which we took advantage of and was a huge hit with our guests and our stomachs! You will not be disappointed if you select this venue for your big day, they were fantastic! Our only regret is not being able to relive the experience every day!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Narise

Narise · Married on 08/02/2019

Stunning Venue & Professional Team

We took a chance on the River View and booked it when it was still a floor plan and muddy outside and we are so happy that we snagged a spot at the River View before it booked up quickly.   We cannot say enough about this venue!!!  The space is absolutely stunning, both inside and outside.  We had our wedding there in early August 2019 and it was an absolute delight.  Cori is super(!!!) professional and responsive to all email correspondence and was always available by phone as well.  Liz of the GBHC (caterers) was also very responsive to our many changes/ updates to our requests.  All of our guests raved about the gorgeous venue and it was an experience to remember.  This is sure to be a hot spot for weddings and other celebrations for YEARS to come.

Sent on 09/03/2019

The River View's reply:

Thank you Narise for your kind words. Thanks for believing in the our potential! We loved having you!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful and perfect

We had our wedding at The River View on June 14th. It was beyond amazing! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the coordinators are awesome! During the whole wedding process, Cori was in constant contact with me, answering all of my many questions. The day went off without a hitch and all of the guests loved the venue too! I would highly recommend this venue

Sent on 06/27/2019

The River View's reply:

Thank you for your review of our facility and staff Heather. We love to take care of our couples during their wedding day!

Michelle · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing Team

I love the team at The River View! Cori is a delight, and even day of always available to answer questions and help make your dream a reality. You truly get there and are able just focus on the day and leave everything else to them. They even have you go over a rainy day plan 2 months in advance! I never once worried I wouldn't be taken care of. I strongly recommend people consider using this venue for whatever event they're planning.

Sent on 04/15/2019

The River View's reply:

Michelle, you and Nick are too sweet! I can't wait to see all of your photos, it was a pleasure to host you and your families.
  • Christine

Christine R. · Married on 04/05/2019

We loved river view

We are so glad that we decided to get married at RiverView as it is the perfect combination of rustic and industrial with a twist of history. We first saw the venue before it had walls, as we toured not long after construction started. We loved that it had a piece of Virginia's history (brick kiln's where the bricks made were used for building homes in the DC area) and the GROOM'S COTTAGE! No other venues had a place for the groom to get ready (he LOVED that!) It was so fun to imagine what the venue would look like with the floor to ceiling windows, extremely tall ceilings with beautiful light fixtures and we got to wear hard hats! Not only is the venue beautiful (right on the water, SO MUCH natural light) but the RiverView team is absolutely amazing! Cori is the best (professional, organized and makes you feel so at ease that everything will be wonderful) and I can't say enough positive things about them. Cori's now officially a part of our family because our flower girl insisted she walk down the aisle with her! I am so thankful for her, Liz (from Great Blue Heron Catering), our Banquet Captain and their entire team for making our day so seamless and special! They are the venue to pick for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/31/2019

The River View's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review ! We loved having you here. So happy to hear that you loved our venue!!!

Morgan · Married on 03/29/2019

Outstanding event venue!

The river view event venue is truly a rare find in the northern, va area. It’s a modern venue overlooking the Occoquan River and for an event venue that can hold around 300 people, the price is completely reasonable and one of the cheaper nice venues in the area!

The staff at the River View is really what makes the venue exceptional. Cori and kaila are so accommodating and very responsive! Whatever you want, just ask! They are not a venue that with Nicole and dime you for everything which is truly appreciated!

You are required to go with their caterer, great blue heron catering, but I PROMISE you that you will not find better food out there. Everyone raved about how good our food was!

Book at the River View! You’ll love it!

Sent on 04/10/2019

The River View's reply:

Thanks for the in depth review, Morgan! So happy to host you and Ross, we are always striving for you to have a good time!
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 01/26/2019

This venue has it all! We would highly recommend it

We can't say enough about how much we loved the River View. From our very first tour (while it was still under construction) to communication after the event, Cori and Kaila were incredibly competent and easy to work with. We were easily able to coordinate in person, through emails, and through phone calls. No matter what the detail was (like scheduling walk through with four different people's schedules in mind, coordinating with our event designers, providing platters to our baker, sending me photos of what pre-plated salads would look like because I couldn't decide, working on lighting the day of, answering endless questions, etc.) Cori and Kaila were professional and always knew what to do. We were so grateful for their help in coordinating with catering too because then the whole even went seamlessly. They made us feel special, excited, and relaxed through out the whole process and that is truly a blessing while wedding planning. If you are thinking about having your wedding here, do it! You will not regret it!

Sent on 02/26/2019

The River View's reply:

You're so precious, thank you for the high praise! We strive to make planning as seamless as possible for our couples. Happy to hear you and Danny loved your experience!

Dee · Married on 01/05/2019

"It was all a dream"

The River View location, staff, food and amenities are amazing. We had six months to plan our wedding reception and with Cori and team’s help, pulled off the most memorable event. Accommodating, friendly, genuine and ready to help make your event as perfect as it can be.
    Extensive communication from The River View on all aspects of rental. I could ask anything and get an answer right away, almost always a Yes! Delicious food from onsite catering - Great Blue Heron, customized to our needs/preferences. A variety of options to choose from and French fries as a late-night snack was a hit! Fire pits, 1608 room (used for cocktail hour), onsite Bridal and Groom suites were all useful and beautiful inclusions in rental. Perfect!

Sent on 01/14/2019

The River View's reply:

Dee!!! We are so grateful to have hosted you as the winner of our Waterfront Wedding Giveaway. So happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed yourselves!
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 10/19/2018

beautiful location & amazing service and food!

This venue was absolutely... AMAZING! It's such a beautiful venue, inside and out! I just had my wedding on 10/19 and it was just so beautiful! This venue has a large bridal room and the groom can hangout at a little modern "club house" outside. Complete privacy and the venue is so spacious, with very modern designs.

The service of EVERYONE prior to the big day, on the day of the wedding was great too! From the first time we went to do a tour, to the walk through, setting up tables on the day of, wait staff, bartender... everyone was extremely nice, caring and very professional. No one complained about any service and the interactions all feel very genuine!

The caterer they partner with was also very VERY impressive! We did buffet style and all the food was very well prepared. Our guests could not stop talking about the salmon and the beef!! (Highly recommend it!!) Nothing was dry, over/under cooked. Our guests came happy, left happy and well fed!

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect location and service for our special day! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 10/28/2018

The River View's reply:

Wendy, thank you for such a kind review! I appreciate knowing your guests had a wonderful time. Hope you and Sai are doing well!

Hannah · Married on 07/21/2018

We had a wonderful experience planning and hosting our wedding at the River View! It is a gorgeous and spacious venue! I loved that the venue is located within Occaquan Regional Park as I played many a soccer game on the fields there. Traveling to The River View was also easy for our guests and the venue has all the parking you could need to host your event.

Despite the pouring rain on our wedding day, we had a lovely reception! The view overlooking the water is spectacular and the venue offers plenty of places to capture your wedding photos (we will be returning for a photo shoot as we were unable to get outside due to the relentless rain). Cori and Carson were always available and made planning our event fun! Their professionalism is top notch and they were able to offer their knowledgable assistance in making our wedding one we will look back on fondly for all our years to come.

Sent on 08/15/2018

The River View's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We love to hear about our couples experience! We loved hosting you.

Judy P. · Married on 07/16/2018

Best Monday Night Ever!

We were the second couple to get married at the Riverview last year on Monday 7/16/2018. Cori and her team did such an amazing job keeping us updated throughout the planning process and executed a flawless event! We had our wedding ceremony on the outdoor lawn overlooking the lake - it was such a charming view and the venue itself is absolutely stunning. We highly recommend this event venue! Thanks Riverview!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Bhawna · Married on 09/08/2018

Cori and Carson are a dream team. They were super responsive and fun to collaborative with. They never made us feel that we were in the planning choas alone. We couldn't be happier with our venue selection.

Sent on 07/13/2018
  • Nira

Nira D. · Married on 05/11/2019

Stunning Venue, 5-Star Service

We had the reception for our wedding at the River View on Saturday, May 11 - the venue is absolutely stunning and Cori was truly a star. From the first moment we met her through the day of the event, Cori was super responsive and flexible to our needs. She made coordinating a large, Indian wedding with lots of Western elements easy and was a great point person for our day of wedding planner too. The venue has so many beautiful features already built in, we were able to do simple decor and the venue spoke for itself. The River View was also flexible for us to bring in an external Indian caterer that we wanted to work with and they worked well to bring all of the elements together on the day of. I couldn't recommend River View more highly, they were truly the best!

Sent on 05/26/2019

The River View's reply:

Nira, you're too kind! I'm glad that we could help bring your stunning day together for you and Aditya. Cheers to a wonderful marriage!