Positive Energy DJ Productions

Positive Energy DJ Productions

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Positive Energy DJ Productions

It is more than simply playing requests,
it is being able to read a crowd,
create fireworks,
and artistically paint a picture through music.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: San Diego

26 Reviews for Positive Energy DJ Productions

4.7

4.7

Great music selection. Kept the party going. Created a looping music track that I'd requested. Bundled some services for discounts, but probably should have just stuck with the DJ services alone. Had to cue him to change from the cocktail hour music to the dinner music. But otherwise, still recommended. We gave him a very specific list of songs to play and we endorsed our love of EDM type music. He perfectly blended the songs with beat drops and everything in an EDM style. I think the EDM was overdone in the end, but that was a miscommunication on our part regarding how much we wanted, and the fact that he could make so many different songs fit well in to an EDM style is a testament to his skill.

Profile Picture Xuan-Binh, 4/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was curious about what some of the bad reviews were about, and they just didn't seem to match our experience. Maybe they had a contracted out DJ (?). Kris (main DJ) played a lot of the songs we requested during the dancing portion of the reception. Note: if you have specific music you want played during cocktail hour and dinner before the dancing start, just make a playlist on an ipod and ask the DJ to press play. Can’t go wrong with that. I never trust reviews with 1 or 5 stars, which is the only reason I didn't give 5 here.
I spent hours researching DJs online. Positive Energy was on my shortlist of DJs to set-up conversations with, and was the 1st we interviewed which was in-person. I did not bother following up with others because it was clear he would work. In the end, I chose Positive Energy because he seemed professional, didn't seem too proud to play the songs we requested and click play from playlists provided for chunks of the reception. He also provided a drape, uplighting inside and outside, as well as market lighting outside. It was nice to consolidate as much as possible into 1 vendor. For DJ prices, he wasn't the cheapest (good, those guys scare me) but was far from the more expensive. Probably below the avg pricing models, and more than reasonable meeting other vendor pricing on lighting and the drape, given that I was acquiring more than just DJ services.
THE EVENT. Punchline: no problems, everything turned out as expected. Set-up looked great and was done well in advance of the wedding which was a relief. Speakers for the outside ceremony and speeches worked fine. He had backups ready (from what we were told), so not sure what happened to that bad review wedding. He played enough requested music during the dancing to satisfy us, and music he selected seemed to mesh well with our requests. He ended it well by "giving the people what they want" by accepting a one-more-song chant from the crowd.

Profile Picture User3968786, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

This DJ ended up resolving everything I was concerned about and made me a happy customer. Thank you for being so responsive!

Profile Picture User3816682, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Redeem In-Store
Call Now To Find Out About Our Current Promotions & Discounts
#WW8d90c97bb5f5bc29

11 ENDORSEMENTS
ALWAYS a pleasure to work with!

Great DJ and a great guy as well!

Positive Energy DJ produces that - Positive Energy! Kris the owner of the company is a great guy and I've had several opportunities working with him and every time his got the crowd up and dancing. I highly recommend him to all my couples!

Kris from Positive Energy is a fantastic DJ! He is fun to work with and provides the highest quality of service. He is also a wonderful MC and supplies his couples with very helpful online planning tools. We absolutely love working with him and could not ask for a better DJ! If you are looking for someone to make your wedding fun and lively, hire Positive Energy!

I definitely enjoy when I know that Kris is going to be the DJ for one of my weddings - I know that the event will run smoothly, and that my couple and their guests will be enjoying the whole event, having a great time, long after the ceremony is over... He is very easy to work with, and knows how to be sure it is a great party and everyone enjoys it!

85 PROS I KNOW