Polkadots Cupcake Factory

2826 Rio Grande St, Austin, TX 78705 Map · Phone number

About Polkadots Cupcake Factory

In early part of summer 2008, we opened our doors at Polkadots Cupcake Factory — a dream project of husband-and-wife team Olga and Ben. Olga graduated from University of Texas with a degree in Chemical Engineering from Cockrell School of Engineering, then continued her education at the California School of Culinary Arts in Pasadena, CA. Olga moved back to Austin and took on a day job working with a major consulting firm. While working for the firm during the day, at nights, she experimented with different recipes and developed delicious pastries which eventually became Polkadots cupcakes. After few years of being a corporate excel monkey by day, baker by night, she decided to ditch her button down suits and high heels to put on her aprons full time to create fun, whimsical cookies, cupcakes, and cakes.

Ben graduated from the McCombs School of Business then worked at Dell as a techie. Before Dell, he used to work at a burger joint, Rockets, where Polkadots is currently located. Our shop is at 2826 Rio Grande st (at the intersection of 28 1/2 st and Rio Grande) in a house built in 1908. It still has the original beam ceilings, tiles in the bathroom floor, along with other old-school features hidden inside the walls.

We are excited to help you with your special day!

Ben, Olga, and Polkadots Team

Cupcake tower with 6" round cutting cake serves 12, and 100 cupcakes
Cupcake tower with 6" round cutting cake serves 12, and 100 cupcakes

39 Reviews for Polkadots Cupcake Factory

Vanna · Married on 11/05/2017

As a wedding planner here in Austin, I absolutely LOVE working with Olga at Polkadots Cupcake Factory! She is not only the sweetest, but her cake is freaking phenomenal! And I'm a total cake snob. At every wedding I work, I ALWAYS have to taste the cake. I send all my brides to Olga because I know her cakes are moist and come in so many fun flavors, you won't be able to pick just one. If you're looking for a wedding cake or dessert, schedule an appointment to taste with Polkadots. You will not be disappointed!!

• Luis

Luis Sanchez · Married on 09/01/2017

Best Cake Ever!

We went in on the day of the tasting and they provided us up to 12 samples of cakes. Each one of the samples were amazing and it was difficult for us to decide on the end on which two to pick. After making our decision and on the day of the wedding. We couldn't stop hearing from our guest how amazing the cakes were and kept asking where we got it from.

Clarissa · Married on 04/01/2017

I am convinced everything Olga does is perfect. She made us a semi-naked three-tier cake of our favorite flavor that is now retired from the menu (lemon blueberry). She even thought to leave the frosting white instead of the typical yellow so it looked like a wedding cake. We also had cupcakes on the side. Everything turned out looking gorgeous and rustic. I've had so many guests tell me how amazing the cake was. I have loved polkadots cupcakes for a long time, but I have to say their cake is even better. It was incredibly moist and the frosting is incredible-lots of real vanilla and so light and fluffy. Olga also brought up some cupcakes before the wedding started to snack on as we were getting ready. Love, love, love.

Polkadots Cupcake Factory FAQ

• What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Vegan
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• dna events
    dna events Wedding Caterers

We could never say enough good things about Polkadots Cupcake Factory! Delicious, professional, and always willing to go the extra mile. A rare find indeed!

• Carefree Weddings
    Carefree Weddings Wedding Planners

Gorgeous and delicious? Yes! I've worked with Polkadots Cupcake Factory and can't wait to work with them again. It's nice to find the entire package - a cake that not only looks lovely but is equally delicious.

• 2826 Rio Grande St Austin, 78705 See on map