2826 Rio Grande St, Austin, TX 78705 Map · Phone number

About Polkadots Cupcake Factory

In early part of summer 2008, we opened our doors at Polkadots Cupcake Factory — a dream project of husband-and-wife team Olga and Ben. Olga graduated from University of Texas with a degree in Chemical Engineering from Cockrell School of Engineering, then continued her education at the California School of Culinary Arts in Pasadena, CA. Olga moved back to Austin and took on a day job working with a major consulting firm. While working for the firm during the day, at nights, she experimented with different recipes and developed delicious pastries which eventually became Polkadots cupcakes. After few years of being a corporate excel monkey by day, baker by night, she decided to ditch her button down suits and high heels to put on her aprons full time to create fun, whimsical cookies, cupcakes, and cakes.

Ben graduated from the McCombs School of Business then worked at Dell as a techie. Before Dell, he used to work at a burger joint, Rockets, where Polkadots is currently located. Our shop is at 2826 Rio Grande st (at the intersection of 28 1/2 st and Rio Grande) in a house built in 1908. It still has the original beam ceilings, tiles in the bathroom floor, along with other old-school features hidden inside the walls.

We are excited to help you with your special day!

Ben, Olga, and Polkadots Team

Polkadots Cupcake Factory 3
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 02/02/2019

Out-of-this-world cakes!

Polka Dots did the cakes and cookie favors for our 150-person wedding in Austin earlier this month and did an absolutely stellar job with both. We had a lot of trouble deciding on a vendor to do our cakes and when we were still on the fence after our first few tastings, Olga from Polka Dots offered to do another tasting with us to help us make up our minds. It sounds weird but wedding cake is one of my favorite parts of any wedding, and so it was really important to me that we had a super delicious cake (which is surprisingly hard to find, even in a big market like Austin). In addition to being so friendly and fun to work with, Olga's commitment to making sure we got EXACTLY what we wanted in terms of cake flavors really stands out in my mind among all of our great vendor experiences. She was so flexible with us as we went back and forth about different icing and cake flavor combos, finally settling on three different cakes (one of which was a three-tier with two different flavors in it). We were less particular about design, and just sent her a couple of inspiration images, which actually had me, worrying leading up to the wedding that the cakes wouldn't look the way I'd hoped. On the day of the wedding when I walked into the venue to get ready, the cakes were the first thing that I saw and they absolutely blew me away with how beautiful they were. Even with our very limited guidance, Olga did a truly spectacular job making the cakes fit with the overall feel of our wedding and look just so, so beautiful. As I was waiting with my dad to walk down the aisle we were actually near the cakes again, and I couldn't stop commenting on how pretty they were (we got lots of complements from guests as well). Later in the night when we got to try the cake (we tried the funfetti one with strawberry cream cheese icing - sadly we were too busy dancing to get to try the others), I was so thrilled with how it had turned out taste-wise - a super moist, delicious wedding cake is rare and Olga nailed it. The little favor cookies that she made were also a huge hit and really made the place settings look special; we had a few leftover that we brought with us on our honeymoon and we continued to enjoy them for two weeks after the wedding. As someone who tried many different cake vendors in Austin before deciding to go with Olga, I can't encourage you enough to use Polka Dots for you wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Polkadots Cupcake Factory 4
    Polkadots Cupcake Factory 5
    Polkadots Cupcake Factory 6

Vanna · Married on 11/05/2017

As a wedding planner here in Austin, I absolutely LOVE working with Olga at Polkadots Cupcake Factory! She is not only the sweetest, but her cake is freaking phenomenal! And I'm a total cake snob. At every wedding I work, I ALWAYS have to taste the cake. I send all my brides to Olga because I know her cakes are moist and come in so many fun flavors, you won't be able to pick just one. If you're looking for a wedding cake or dessert, schedule an appointment to taste with Polkadots. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • Luis

Luis Sanchez · Married on 09/01/2017

Best Cake Ever!

We went in on the day of the tasting and they provided us up to 12 samples of cakes. Each one of the samples were amazing and it was difficult for us to decide on the end on which two to pick. After making our decision and on the day of the wedding. We couldn't stop hearing from our guest how amazing the cakes were and kept asking where we got it from.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Polkadots Cupcake Factory FAQ

• What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Vegan
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• dna events
    dna events Wedding Caterers

We could never say enough good things about Polkadots Cupcake Factory! Delicious, professional, and always willing to go the extra mile. A rare find indeed!

• Carefree Weddings
    Carefree Weddings Wedding Planners

Gorgeous and delicious? Yes! I've worked with Polkadots Cupcake Factory and can't wait to work with them again. It's nice to find the entire package - a cake that not only looks lovely but is equally delicious.

• 2826 Rio Grande St Austin, 78705 See on map