Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Nostalgia Film

Vintage-style Super 8 film, modern videography & photography for weddings and events to remember...

Vintage-style Super 8 film, modern videography, and photography for weddings and events to remember…

Nostalgia Film preserves memories and creates treasured heirlooms that capture emotions for generations and are infinitely watchable.

Nostalgia Film–based in Austin, Texas–specializes in Super 8mm film shot with vintage professional Super 8 film cameras and cinematic-style wedding videography shot on HD videocameras and combines the two for a  Hybrid film that will be a treasured heirloom for generations.

Additionally Nostalgia Film photographs weddings and portraits both digitally and on film.

Nostalgia Film loves the sweet, the quirky, the sentimental, the spontaneous, the witty and the whimsical over the cheesy, long-winded videos of the past. We shoot unobtrusively, and like to connect with you and help you feel comfortable with the cameras, and that comes across in our films and photography. We love to shoot on Super 8mm film with vintage professional film cameras because of the magical, dreamy, and evocative nature and vintage sensibilities. We love photographing on 35mm and 120 film for the same reasons…

Watch our wedding films and view our photography, and you’ll see that our style and approach are different. We’ll work with you closely to capture the moments and feelings for a film or wedding photography collection that you will love for many, many years to come. Contact us today!

---

As seen on Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, The Knot, ELLE UK...

Awards include:

Austin Award in Personal Services, Austin Award Program, 2016

Two Bright Lights Editors’ Choice Award, 2014

Honor Roll, Wedding Industry Experts, 2014

Categories: Wedding Videographer

Regions serviced: Austin

Follow Nostalgia Film on

11 Reviews for Nostalgia Film

I have not seen the video yet but I am sure it will be great!
They were totally unobtrusive and I even forgot they were there! I think thats what you should have from a videographer.
Cannot WAIT to see our video from our wedding at the Four Seasons on 6/7/15.

Profile Picture User4302631, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography

Nostalgia Film was my favorite part of our wedding, they're artists! They captured every moment of our day and were so comfortable and friendly to be around. We chose the Super8mm package and the final product is more than we could have imagined, it is so beautiful. My only regret is not choosing a package with more film hours, it is completely worth the investment and I would recommend Nostalgia to everyone

Profile Picture Katie, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Shanna and Michael were awesome to work with! Very easy to coordinate with pre-event and post with questions, changing addresses, etc. My husband and I went with a combination 8mm and HD video package, which was such a cool service option! The older style film fit so well with our concept and style, but we got the clarity and intelligibility of the HD for the really important moments. They put together several videos for us, all available online and hard copy. I would definitely recommend this dynamic duo to friends and family!

Profile Picture User4271884, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

SD Card
USB Hard Drive
1 AWARD

4 ENDORSEMENTS
Shanna and Michael offer a true alternative to the cheesy wedding videos we've all seen from the 90s and 00s. They shoot super 8 film and create that vintage look that we all remember from the opening credits of the Wonder Years tv show with Kevin Arnold and Winny Cooper. It looks old, it looks cool, the speed seems a little fast, everyone just looks happier somehow. Maybe it hearken's back to a simpler time, a better time, a time before iphone 9, tablets out the ying yang, stuff beeping everywhere. A time when we focused on the important stuff - love, friends... relationships. The guys at Nostalga Film can be your guides to finding that refuge of simple goodness.

Shanna and Mike of Nostalgia film are true professional artists. They make SUPER 8 films!! And beautiful ones too! Working alongside them has always been easy and smooth. They are nice as well as extremely professional. One meeting with these two and you will fall in total love. :)

I love, love, love the vintage 8 films. They ARE nostalgic for many of us baby boomers. They touch something very familiar in us that takes many of us back to our childhood. If your looking for something different look no further. Nostalgic Film company will create a video of your special day that will become a nostalgic memory maker for your life time of memories. Simply wonderful.

Their films are so gorgeous and beautiful. I love their work and definitely recommend them to brides looking for a videographer!

Austin, TX 78704   See On Map
512-200-3989 (phone) 512-222-3989 (fax)
By appointment