Petals & Roots

31-27 31st Street, Astoria, NY 11106 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Petals & Roots

Petals & Roots is an Astoria-based floral design company led by the creative partnership of Peter and Alex, a young married couple both raised in families rooted in floristry. Flowers are their heritage and their passion. Petals & Roots offers classic and contemporary arrangements for delivery, corporate and residential installations, and their favorite - design for weddings and other special events. They draw inspiration from working intently — in person, through e-mail, on Pinterest — to infuse a client’s personal sensibility with refined craftsmanship. Their lively, artistic arrangements will enhance the beauty of one of the most wondrous (not to mention photographed) days of your life. Please call, e-mail or stop by the showroom to schedule your consultation.

www.petalsandroots.com | 31-27 31st St., Astoria | 718.267.1700 | info@petalsandroots.com

Follow Petals & Roots on

Details, details! A single bloom placed at each placesetting is an impactful detail to consider.
A lush centerpiece in a vintage-inspired silver mercury vase featuring peonies, anemone and sand...
Our Premium bridal bouquet with blush garden roses, ranunculus, and the bride’s favorite hellebores...
Low & Lush Centerpiece
Bridal Bouquet Closeup
Chuppah
Chuppah
Bridal Bouquet
Herbs and textures in a trio of fun galvanized vases for a large table seating 12.
Delicate lisianthus and eucaly
Delicate lisianthus and eucaly
Handmade garland with pops of blooms and succulents for a rectangular table centerpiece.
Early June peonies and lilac!
Early June peonies and lilac!
A delicate green crown for an earthy bridal party.
A delicate green crown for an earthy bridal party.
Wild Deluxe bridal bouquet with a pop of pink!
Wild Deluxe bridal bouquet with a pop of pink!
Muted tones for any season with a neutral or metallics palette.
Muted tones for any season with a neutral or metallics palette.
Floral touches for your simple wedding cake are a must.
Floral touches for your simple wedding cake are a must.

40 Reviews for Petals & Roots

Petals & Roots 5
Petals & Roots 6
Petals & Roots 7

alyssa · Married on 08/25/2018

I don’t know where to start … I am still blown away! When I first saw the work that the Petals & Roots team did at my venue, I was in tears and just, well, blown away, I could not believe this was my wedding! They put mine & my husband’s vision to life and then some.

Alex, Julia and the team are unbelievably talented (they have a background in Art) and put 1,000% effort into everything they do.

Alex and Julia have an infectious energy, they care about their work and their clients, and their knowledge of the “floral world”, as well as the wedding & event planning industry, is astounding. Their ability to make the most of our budget, their resourcefulness and strong work ethic were also especially appreciated.

As someone with a “Type A” personality, I eventually realized it would be beneficial to give total creative control to the team and I am SO HAPPY I DID! They took our inspiration pics, venue info & the bridesmaid dress swatch, paired with input from us on the budget and the “must-haves”, and they gave us exactly what we wanted AND exactly what we didn’t know we wanted!

When planning your wedding or event, you want to have a vendor you can trust, a vendor that alleviates any stress from the planning process, and a vendor that understands both your vision & budget. Take my word: You will not be disappointed with Petals & Roots.

The moment I met Alex, I knew immediately I wanted her and the team to be part of my wedding. In fact, I was introduced to Petals & Roots before I chose my venue & date. I planned my wedding with a shorter-than-typical timeline, and to be honest, I only felt that was a possibility because I trusted the Petals & Roots team and was confident they would help not only help make this day extraordinary, but also add a positive experience to the planning process.

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Petals & Roots 15
    Petals & Roots 16
    Petals & Roots 17

Petals & Roots's reply:

Alyssa! Thank you for your gushing review! We still want a chance to celebrate with you! Gitano ladies?

A · Married on 08/25/2018

I could not recommend Petals & Roots more! They were the best vendor I worked with for my wedding. Alex & Julia helped me throughout the entire process and were so wonderful to work with. The flowers, the vignettes, the photo-booth back-drop wall, the installation and everything they touched at my wedding were STUNNING!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Erica · Married on 06/23/2018

Alex and her team did such an amazing job on my bouquet and my now husband's boutonniere. We swung by her shop and talked in person. We ended up staying quite a while as she was so much fun to talk with! I asked for bright colored flowers along with succulents, and wow! the bouquet turned out incredible. Compared to other places I asked, this was less expensive and the quality of service was greater. They even threw in a free succulent for our ceremony so we could plant it together as a symbol of unity. You can't go wrong if you go with Petals & Roots!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Petals & Roots 18

Petals & Roots FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 200.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 75.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 15.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 150.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 350.00
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Wholesale/Bulk

Real Weddings

• Stephanie Gatton Events
    Stephanie Gatton Events Wedding Planners

I can't recommend Alex and the team at Petals & Roots highly enough! They are top-notch in their customer service, from consultation in advance of the wedding date to delivery, setup, and execution of floral arrangements at the venue on your wedding day. This Astoria-based floral shop offers competitive pricing and excellent communication. As a wedding coordinator, they have become the first florist I recommend to my clients. As an engaged couple, you will love working with them!

• 31-27 31st Street Astoria, 11106 See on map