6132 Old National Pike, Boonsboro, MD 21713 Map · Phone number

About Old South Mountain Inn

We are a full service facility that offers on site ceremonies and reception site. We provide all food, beverage, staff, tables, chairs, linens, glassware, dishware and utensils.

c44468ae8766a395 1528744606 e6ea9fcc835a937d 1528744602943 3 14196176 101538509
c44468ae8766a395 1528744606 e6ea9fcc835a937d 1528744602943 3 14196176 101538509
a7b0545760511d64 1277049 10151683106428161 896062331 o

8 Reviews for Old South Mountain Inn

Rachel · Married on 03/20/2016

My husband and I were looking for a unique venue for our small wedding. We love local history and really wanted a historic inn for our ceremony and reception. We spent a lot of time searching all over the MD and surrounding areas, but no place wanted to accommodate a small (25 person) wedding. Most required huge booking fees. When I saw The Old South Mountain Inn, I remembered it from my childhood in Western MD, and crossed my fingers. Lisa Dorsey (owner/manager) was quick to respond and gave us very reasonable options. There is a lot of information on their website about group bookings, but whatever questions I had, she answered them thoroughly. She met with us one afternoon and showed us the entire inn and we spoke about what would work best for our event. The booking fee was extremely reasonable (especially compared to almost anywhere else!) and the food prices were typical for what you would pay for a nice sit-down dinner. The entire inn is absolutely wonderful. Old oil paintings, beautiful hardwood floors, cozy rooms and a large bright glass-enclosed room for larger groups. There is so much history there and in the surrounding area that this is truly a treasure. Just across the street is a really cute church from the late 1800's that was part of the original property. For a location, this was perfect for us. There were plenty of food options to chose from when we were making our booking. We opted to give guests a choice of NY Strip, Country Stuffed Chicken or Horseradish Salmon. They were all fantastic. Yes, I tried them all! We had appetizers for the guests while post-ceremony portraits were being taken. The servers for our sit-down meal were just wonderful. So sweet, friendly and prompt. Lisa allowed me a space upstairs to get dressed, and she was even there right before the ceremony just in case we needed anything at all (thanks for "fluffing" my dress!). I cannot say enough good things about our experience with The Old South Mountain Inn.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Laura · Married on 05/02/2015

We held our wedding rehearsal dinner at Old South Mountain Inn and had a wonderful experience! Lisa Dorsey was a pleasure to work with and was very prompt with emailing us if we had any questions. The food is exceptional and the garden/green room area is beautiful! I would highly recommend Old South Mountain Inn for a rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, baby shower, etc.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/23/2014

I had my wedding at this venue and could not have been happier with the entire experience.

My husband and I work night shift as nurses and Lisa (the owner/event planner) was always willing to find times to get together that worked with our schedules, was responsive via email, and always available by phone. I even had to move my wedding up 3 months and Lisa called the Inn on her day off, confirmed availability and emailed me - all on her day off. I'm not sure what previous people experienced but I cannot imagine Lisa could have been any more amazing if she tried. My 90 year old grandmother decided day-of she felt up to making it to the wedding. When she got there we realized we did not plan on her being there so did not have a corsage. Lisa personally made her one on the spot so she felt included!!!

As far as decorations Lisa went above and beyond for us. She allowed us to drop off all decorations the night before and had the venue decorated impeccably. The centerpieces had 7 different parts and Lisa decorated as if it was her own daughter's wedding. If I had stayed up all night I never could have made it look as beautiful as she did.

The food at the venue was amazing. My husband - who hates fish - even LOVED the salmon appetizer. Every person I have talked to since the wedding thought their food was flawless. Every steak was cooked to each person's preference, the pork chops are delicious and the fish was divine. On top of that the wait staff was the best I have ever experienced. We had a personal waitress who ensured we had appetizers and salads sitting at our table once the reception started so my husband and I could sneak in something to eat between saying high to guests. The servers were personable and always pleasant - they even packaged appetizers, salads, dinner and dessert in to-go containers for my husband and I so when we got to the hotel that night we were able to actually eat!

Could not have asked for anything more. Perfect wedding.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Old South Mountain Inn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Mansion
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Set Up
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access

• Rev. Judith L. Guasch, M.Div. Wedding Officiant
    Rev. Judith L. Guasch, M.Div. Wedding Officiant Wedding Officiants

OSM Inn is a breathtakingly beautiful location!! The elegance of any event there says it all, whether small or large. The windows around the main banquet room make it light and airy, bringing in the natural beauty of the outdoors, inside. AND, being so near the center point of the Appalachian Trail makes for some wonderful photos and memories. The staff are wonderful to work with, both from the point of the couple, as well as from the point of a vendor. One of my favorite locations!!

• 6132 Old National Pike Boonsboro, 21713 See on map