2806 El Rastro Lane, Carlsbad, CA 92009 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Nathan Petty Wedding Photographer

Weddings are fun, photography is a blast and San Diego is home. It's only natural that I became a San Diego wedding photographer :)

I'm endlessly fascinated by portraits and photographing the connections between people. Those small, fleeting moments where there's a friendly exchange -- THAT -- is exactly what I strive to see and photograph well, because they are worth remembering. Shooting those moments on a wedding day, not only between the bride and groom but between family and friends are plentiful and I thrive in that environment. It's what I was meant to do -- Show the world that relationships are the most important thing we can work to keep alive. Especially with our spouse.

As a professional wedding photographer in San Diego, I've been shooting fun, candid wedding photos since 1998. After shooting weddings for a few years in San Diego I moved to Oahu, shot many events there and throughout the Hawaiian Islands. I returned to California to begin a full-time San Diego wedding photography business in 2002 and shot a lot of beach ceremonies in La Jolla and LDS weddings at the San Diego Temple. Though I work primarily in Southern California, I've shot destination weddings across the states and internationally in Fiji, Mexico and the Dominican Republic. I've also photographed corporate, social and private events from Napa Valley to New York City.

In 2008 I began shooting Wedsnaps! for every wedding booked at five or more hours. Wedsnaps! is a simple photo studio set up, that's a fun way to photograph wedding guests and family at the reception. Bring on the props! It's photo booth style fun, without the hassle of the booth or the price. Yes, Wedsnaps! comes standard! You gotta love the added value :)

I offer free engagement photos in San Diego County with four or more hours of event coverage. I also do elopement wedding photography for those of you sneaking over here to San Diego. If you need help with wedding vendors, planning or venues I know quite a few people who I can refer you to with confidence that they enjoy their work as much as I do. Though I specialize as a wedding photographer, I've photographed many actor head shots, portrait portfolios, family portraits and senior portraits. I also actively shoot water and surf photography.

Give me a call. Let's shoot -- 760 315 0513

ariana1
stephaniedavenpblog

8 Reviews for Nathan Petty Wedding Photographer

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2013

We chose Nathan to be our wedding photographer for our destination wedding in Maui this past November 2013. Upon our first meeting with Nathan he was very professional and addressed all our needs and concerns, and to top things off we really loved his style of photography. Nathan was always there for us as we prepared for our big day, answering any questions we had and responding to our emails in a timely manner.

Another reason why we chose Nathan is because his pricing is quite reasonable and affordable, and his work is amazing! As you can imagine wedding photographers can be quite expensive, but with Nathan and his team you get quality and professional pictures for a great price. He did a great job with our engagement session, wedding ceremony and reception, and our impromptu trash the dress session after the reception. Another wonderful feature he has in his wedding package is something called Wedsnaps which is similar to a photo booth session, which our guests really enjoyed.
    Nathan and his wife Jessica did such a wonderful job capturing all the candid and heartfelt moments during our wedding, and we cannot thank them enough for all their hard work, and we truly cherish all the amazing moments that they captured during our wedding! We highly recommend them to any couple planning a wedding.

• I

IBPF · Married on 02/17/2012

We have used Nathan Petty for many of our events and he is exceptionally talented, and has an amazing eye that captures all the details! We are always so pleased with his work and use him every time. We HIGHLY recommend Nathan Petty Photography for your wedding or any event coming up :-)

• Bethany

Bethany · Married on 08/21/2010

Nathan was our wedding photographer back in 2010. Two years later, we still have friends and family comment on how great our wedding pictures turned out. He did a great job, and we treasure our pictures from that special day. I would describe his photography as professional, comprehensive, and creative. He was very capable in managing large group shots, as well as capturing more personal, one on one moments. I would highly recommend Nathan Petty, San Diego Wedding Photographer.

Award

Nathan Petty Wedding Photographer FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Digital Files, Matted Prints

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Nathan Petty Wedding Photographer 1
    Engagement + 10% off
    All wedding packages 5+ hours get a *free* engagement session and Wedding Wire referrals receive 10% off on 7+ hour coverage. Go here and mention the "Wedding Wire ad - 10% off 7+ hours": http://www.nathanpetty.com/#-2dc728

• Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch
    Floral Occasions by Janna Hatch Wedding Florists

I am always excited to share a wedding with Nathan Petty. The brides and grooms just love him, and I know we'll have great photos of the flowers and the whole day! He so versatile, and really captures the uniqueness of each couple and their event. Very talented!

• Sun Diego Photo
    Sun Diego Photo Wedding Photographers

Nathan is a well rounded photographer. I have worked with him professionally and found the quality and professionalism is matched with a personable demeanor. I look forward to working with him some more.

• The French Gourmet
    The French Gourmet Wedding Cakes

Nathan Petty is a creative photographer who always gets the perfect shot. We use his beautiful photos in our advertising and to showcase our products. We are proud to work with him and refer him to our brides and grooms. He's the perfect choice for photographing your special day.

• 2806 El Rastro Lane Carlsbad, 92009 See on map