This vendor is popular with couples. Start a conversation

Attributes highlighted by couples

Seasoned with weddings
Capturing memories
Pristine quality
Photographer

On WeddingWire since 2023

We are here for the real moments. We are here to help create a space that you feel safe in and feel like you can be yourselves on the most incredible day of your life. You deserve an unforgettable, one of a kind experience and we will help make your day easy, seamless and relaxed.

----PKA Photography is a business in San Diego, California, that offers wedding photography services. This artistic team draws on the beauty that surrounds them, always seeking new perspectives. They are passionate about capturing the authentic emotions before them and the precious details that might otherwise go unseen.

Wedding services with PKA Photography begin with an engagement session and additional hours of wedding coverage over multiple locations. A couple can expect high-resolution images of their celebration, toned and rendered as digital files, albums, prints, matted prints, and flush mounts. Their most popular wedding package also includes one-event-per-day coverage, a boudoir session, custom graphics, a slideshow, negatives, proofs, canvases, save-the-date, thank-you cards, and the services of a second photographer. This team is also willing to provide wedding portraiture, videography, and travel for destination weddings.

• Black-owned
  • Asian-owned
  • Woman-owned

Frequently asked questions

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$598

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
Multi. Locations
Toning
Prints

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,960

Canvas
Negatives
Proofs
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Video
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Canvas

5.0 out of 5 rating
100% recommend it

Review summary

Powered by AI

PKA Photography received glowing reviews for their exceptional photography services for weddings, with Mia and the team being highlighted for their professionalism, enthusiasm, and talent. Reviewers praised their ability to capture every moment beautifully, provide helpful direction for poses, and deliver stunning images promptly. The team's friendly demeanor, communication skills, and adaptability were commended, making the wedding photography experience delightful and stress-free. Overall, PKA Photography comes highly recommended for capturing weddings with creativity and joy.

Review summary

Powered by AI

Gianna
Gianna Sent on 08/21/2023
5 out of 5 rating

Stunning & beautiful photos with an amazing photographer

Wow! Mia is amazing! We hired Mia to do our engagement photoshoot and we were beyond happy with the photos! She was so helpful in explaining her process and suggesting different spots for our photoshoot. My fiance is not a huge fan of taking photos, but she made us feel so comfortable and gave us tips to make everything look great. Mia got us the raw photos super quickly and was really flexible with us when we needed more time to select our favorites (so difficult because we LOVED every one!). Every time a friend sees my photos, they always stop me because they can't believe how incredible the photos are! Mia has an incredible style and the retouched photos are like stunning, beautiful pieces of art. Even my mom who was skeptical of paid photography could not believe how great Mia's photos turned out and said they were the most beautiful photographs she had seen. Needless to say, we will be having Mia and LaRon capture our wedding as well :)
Ian
Ian K. Sent on 04/18/2024

Absolutely the BEST Wedding Photography and Videograph Team in San Diego

My wife and I could not have been happier to have chosen PKA as our photographers for our wedding! We had the pleasure of working with Mia, LaRon, and Kate, for both photography and videography. They were able to perfectly capture all of the special moments and made the process extremely fun and comfortable. Their communication skills are phenomenal which made it easy to prepare for the big day. Our ceremony was on Coronado Island and they scouted a beautiful location for our first look prior to the ceremony. During our meeting before the wedding, we had an idea of what we wanted, but the team was able to make it come to life even more beautiful than we could have ever anticipated. There is no doubt in our mind that Mia, LaRon, and Kate truly LOVE what they do. You can see their dedication and passion for their work in person and in pictures. Their abilities to capture jaw dropping images that we can look back on forever is something that we will always be grateful for. We will DEFINITELY be reaching out to PKA Photography for future events. Thank you once again to the wonderful PKA team, you helped make our day unforgettable.
A
Alex T. Sent on 03/20/2024

Posing Guidance from a Boss Babe

Just had our wedding last night and already got back 2000+ unedited photos! I can't imagine how amazing the edited photos will be! Mia and her trainee Mario were super sweet and professional for our special day and captured such fun and magical moments. She was great with telling us how to pose and finding nice backgrounds and figured out the best lighting. Very happy to have worked with such a boss babe! :)
illustration message bubble

LaRon K
Founder / Videographer / Officiant

Hey There

My name is LaRon .

I come from a storied background of photography and visual media. I attended Brooks Institute of Photography for Commercials and Music Videos where I received my undergraduate degree.

After college, I continued taking photos and videos of my travels as well as my time spent living in San Francisco/ Bay Area.

I now live in San Diego, where I am exploring the realm of photography and visual media on several platforms and would love to bring my vision to your project.

I am also a skilled Drone Pilot and Photograher and highly skilled in the latest techniques of photo editing and post-production for video and film.

Mia K
Mia K
Photographer / Videographer

Hi I am Mia.
I learned painting since I was 5, it built my love of art at a very young age. I then learned Commercial Advertising and Design in University.
During my spare time of school , I started a part-time modeling job when I was 18, it opened a gate for me to work with many professional photographers and to learn from them. That鈥檚 where I enhanced my posing skills, layout skills, finding the best angles for lighting , and more technical aspects of photography.
Since 2002, I started traveling around the world with my cameras. The more I see, the more I want to capture it on film.
I love to capture natural things and the most natural moments of people. I love to explore with my clients and catch the spirit of the day. I love to see how happy my clients are when they see the final work is higher than their expectation. I love to capture special moments in people鈥檚 lives and share their story in a way that is honest, artistic, and unique鈥

My formula for photography is two parts:

1. Tell your story. This is so important. I don't want to only tell the story of a perfectly posed smiling clients. I want those in between moments, as well. I want to see your real emotion, laughter, exhaustion, all of it! Basically, a bit more polished version of your real life.
  2. Take the photographs I wish I had of me & mine. I am mother, partner, daughter, friend. So I deeply understand the importance of capturing that beautiful bond.

I would be honored to tell your story!

Nafas S
Nafas S
Photographer

Nafas is a photographer who was born and raised in Iran in an artist family. She recently moved to America and is based in San Diego with her husband. Nafas started her photography career when she was 15 years old in her brother's studio, and has gained experience in various fields of photography such as wedding, portrait, modeling, baby, family, and lifestyle photography. She is also skilled in photo editing, particularly in Photoshop. Nafas studied at an art college and holds a bachelor's degree in applied science from the University of Tehran.

Nafas is always eager to learn more and has worked with many big studios. She established and managed her home office and developed an Instagram page, which helped her gain a lot of clients. Additionally, she has experience as a wedding planner. Despite the language barrier, Nafas is committed to improving her English skills to better communicate with her clients and provide excellent customer service.

Nafas currently works with PKA Photography in great San Diego area. She loves her job and is dedicated to being the best in her field. Nafas uses a Sony camera and has a 50mm lens, a 16-35mm wide-angle lens, and an external flash in her photography kit.

Other vendors in San Diego for your wedding