Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa

Honolulu, HI View map

Up to 260 guests

Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa is a classic hotel wedding venue located in Honolulu, Hawaii. The scenic, oceanfront views take your breath away, while their expert staff attend to your every need. Their dedicated weddings specialists, customizable menus, beautiful venue options and convenient downtown Honolulu location, make Moana Surfrider a special place to host your big day!

Facilities and Capacity
Moana Surfrider offers many indoor options as well as an outdoor space for your ceremony and reception, accommodating a variety of guest counts. These spaces include:
The Ballroom - elegant and spacious room that fits up to 250 guest, offering a foyer ideal for cocktail receptions.
Diamond Lawn & Terrace - scenic, outdoor space overlooking Waikiki Beach.
The Roof Garden & Terrace - intimate space for 40 guests with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
Grand Salon - relaxed living room feel with large windows that showcase Oahu's famed Diamond Head and the Pacific Ocean, featuring a rustic wooden dance floor.
Moana Chapel - overlooking Waikiki Beach, the clean white chapel fits 60 guests: 25 seated and 35 standing.

Moana Surfrider is a full-service wedding venue, offering In-House event planning as well as many other services. Their wedding services include:
Accommodations

• Parking
  • Valet
  • Wheelchair access

Cuisine
The venue offers in-house catering and bar services. They offer the following serving styles:

• Buffet
  • Server(s)
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Other Services
The venue offers to host many additional wedding-related events. These include:

• Bridal shower
  • Elopements
  • Engagement party
  • Rehearsal dinner

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Beach
Hotel

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Set Up

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Furniture
Lighting
Photo booth
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
November
December

Lauren Married on 10/06/2018

The Wedding Venue of my Dream

My husband and I chose the Moana Surfrider because we loved the colonial style building, and the photos looked amazing.
    Planning a destination wedding was hard, as all decisions had to be made based on photos and reviews.
    I was worried that the photos were misleading and that the hotel would not be as beautiful in person. Boy, was I wrong. I fell even more in love with the hotel once I saw it in person. The space where we got married was so stunning (Diamond Lawn), and the Terrace was perfect for a one-hour cocktail party after. I thought this are would be visible from the hotel bar area and the beach, but it's actually around the corner making it quite private and intimate. Even beach goers couldn't see us, which was unexpected. We did have hotel guests looking down on the wedding from their rooms, but this actually made it seem like more of a celebration.
    It also made for stunning photographs.
    We moved to the Ballroom for the reception, which has big beautiful windows along the back. It was spacious and perfect for our 65 guests, but you can fit a lot more.
    We have gotten SO MANY compliments on the food. We also did our wedding cake through the hotel and it came out beautifully.
    As a part of our package, we received two nights in the honeymoon suite. This was such a treat as we were on the 18th floor of the hotel and had a spectacular view of Waikiki and the water. It was big enough for all of us girls to get ready in, and such a gorgeous room to wake up in as husband and wife.
    I cannot say thank you enough to Jillian, who managed our booking from when I initially emailed all the way to the wedding day. Having worked in events before, I was used to dealing with a sales manager first, then switching to an events manager. Having Jillian the entire time was a pleasant surprise and made the whole planning process so much easier. When we met for the first time in Hawaii it felt like I had known her forever! She was so helpful and accommodating. She even sent a gift to our room the night before the wedding - strawberries and sparkling wine. So lovely and thoughtful!

I 10000% recommend this venue to any Oahu brides. It is so stunning and the staff is amazing. I am so thankful to have the memories of our wedding there, and cannot wait to visit for our anniversary one year.
  • Vernee
    Vernee Married on 05/04/2018
    My husband and I chose the Surfrider on a whim. We thought this was going to be out of our budget but we just made it! We opted for a Friday lunch buffet and everyone RAVED about the food. The coordinator we were in contact was Kelly and she was phenomenal and incredibly helpful with all my questions. We corresponded over email and met once to see the place. Even though I lived on Oahu at the time, she made it easy for me to only have to visit the place once.

We had the ballroom and it was gorgeous. It was intimate enough for our guests and fit all our vendors. And added plus to having the Moana Surfrider: passerbys and hotel guests will LOVE you and take pictures of and with you!
    Robert Married on 02/17/2018
    Our event sales manager, Kelli Kajiwara, was the consummate professional. In planning the wedding from the mainland, there were a lot of phone calls and emails. Kelli's responses were prompt, well-thought-out, and extremely polite, warm and friendly. Naturally, in planning a big event such as a wedding, there’s a lot of back and forth in terms of balancing what we envisioned for our wedding versus what the hotel has established in terms of policies and procedures, but Kelli did a fantastic job navigating us through all of the considerations, and the concessions made on either side, felt like a win-win.

Following our wedding, and the days after that, we’ve had so guests tell us it’s one of the best weddings they’ve been to. Sure, some of our guests might just be flattering us. However, many of the comments came from individuals that we’ve known to be very blunt and tended not to sugarcoat their views. Some common themes that came up in discussions, post-wedding, were how everything felt, “beautiful,” “classy,” “magical,” and how “the attention to detail was phenomenal.” Guests told us how much they enjoyed the food. A few commented how, in their opinions, the food was, “the best wedding food they’ve ever had.” Others loved the flow and pacing of the ceremony and reception. Everything seemed to flow naturally from one thing to the next.

We did not receive any comments regarding the staff from our guests, which I suppose is a good thing, but from what we observed, the staff appeared to be so warm and hospitable. My wife and I sincerely appreciated how attentive the hotel employees were to us and we loved being showered with so many congratulatory comments by the staff… it made our day feel extra special. All-in-all, Kelli and the entire Moana Surfrider staff were just fantastic. Even beyond our wedding day, the service at the hotel is impeccable. We’ve had so many great interactions. The customer service at the Moana Surfrider is top-notch!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

2365 Kalakaua Avenue Honolulu, 96815
Location of (Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa)

Other vendors in Honolulu for your wedding

Wedding Venues