On WeddingWire since 2019

For over 12 years, MK Events have provided beautiful floral decor and design services for happy couples. Based in Cypress, TX, we travel all over the greater Houston area and around Texas to deliver wedding dreams! Our passionate and skilled team go above and beyond making sure we offer the very same care and service we'd want for our own family's weddings! We walk with our clients through the whole wedding process from start to finish, guiding then with our experience and expertise so they can feel confident and comfortable on their wedding day. We help you conceive and curate a unique vision for your day so you can achieve the aesthetic and vibe that's 100% you.

Melanie Kay Hugele, the Founder and Creative director is an industry leader carrying a Certified Floral Designer with the American Institute of Floral Designers designation, member and committee chairman with the Texas State Florists' Association, and member of the American Business Women's Assocition. Constantly learning, growing and refining her skills, you can rest assured you will be receiving the best in floral designs. But, our dynamic services extend beyond custom floral arrangements, MK Events specializes in creating unforgettable wedding memories.

The MK Events team is committed to high-quality service and friendly, professional customer care. Though their strength lies in creating floral designs that inspire joy, they also provide wedding planning assistance. Some of the specific services and arrangements offered by MK Events include:

• Video Consultations
  • Venue visits
  • Order delivery, setup and cleanup
  • Event design, advising
  • Event planning and day-of management
  • Vendor referrals
  • And more!
  • Woman-owned
illustration popular

Vendors you may like

See other vendors that are popular with couples right now

Frequently asked questions

What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?

$225

What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?

$70

What is the average price for a boutonniere?

$15

What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?

$65

What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)?

$250

Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services?

$4,000

Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?

Clean Up
Consultations
Delivery
Event Design
Set Up
Venue Visit

How would you describe your floral designs?

Classic
Country
Eclectic
Glamorous
Modern
Romantic
Rustic
Vintage

Which of the following services do you provide?

Clean Up
Consultations
Delivery
Event Design
Set Up
Venue Visit

What types of arrangements do you provide?

Aisle Decor

100% Recommended by couples

L
Lyndsey A. Sent on 11/14/2023

Spectacular

We met Melanie and her team at the bridal extravaganza and although there were other florist at that event鈥nce I spoke with her I knew MK Events was the one we wanted and my search was over!! She scheduled a meeting with me right away! I told her my vision and my budget and I really appreciated her honesty. Not only did she communicate with me about our flowers thru this journey but she also helped to calm me as I was feeling so overwhelmed and gave me great advice! You can tell Melanie is in this business for the love of making every brides dream come true. My wedding was this past Sunday and the flowers were even more amazing than I invisioned! Thank you so much the day was truly perfect!! 鈾ワ笍
Victoria
Victoria Sent on 01/19/2018
5 out of 5 rating
Absolutley love the creativity, and classiness melanie puts in her designs, when working with her she is always great at helping make the dream come alive!
S
Samantha W. Sent on 02/08/2024

Western Boho Flowers

Melanie helped make our wedding dreams come to life. Once the flowers were added into the reception, it was amazing. When we first met with Melanie, we had a style and colors in mind and as time went on the style and colors of the wedding slightly changed and she was very adaptable and flexible with making these changes and any changes. She is open and honest on what needs to be done for your florals to look their best. At one point she recommended adding a little bit more money to make my bouquet look a little bit better and she was not wrong! We also had this beautiful photo booth backdrop that was set up by her team that was amazing! She takes your items and inspirations and brings them to life!
illustration stars

Kabir & Courtney
11 photos 路 10/08/2022

Deals

Pricing

Do you want more pricing details?

Team

Melanie Hugele
Melanie Hugele
Founder / Creative Director

I love weddings and events! Always have! After years in the financial world I was looking for a change. So I got started by working at flower shop in Dallas where I fell in love with the industry. I moved back to Houston and worked for another floral shop and realized I wanted to specialize in weddings. So I started MK Events in January 2012. It's been a fun adventure ever since!

I specialize in helping couples take their many inspiration pictures into creating a unique, custom decor look for them that stays in their budget. No two brides are the same, so there's no set price list. I customize each package for each couple.

I stay up on the latest trends and techniques by being an active member of the American Institute of Floral Designers, (of which I have earned my CFD - Certified Floral Designer designation), The Texas State Florists' Association and the Allied Florists of Houston.

Heather Averill
Heather Averill
Operations Manager

Event planning has always been a joy for me! I got my start working for Pappas Catering and after some time being home with my children I'm excited to join the MK Events team. I am enjoying learning the floral world while assisting Melanie with behind-the-scenes details as well as organization.

Lindsay Lakes
路 Church & Temple Weddings
The Springs in Wallisville
4.8 out of 5 rating , 43 Reviews
路 Banquet Halls

Other vendors in Houston for your wedding