Newport News, VA 23628 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 20

About Michelle Amarillo Event Planning

Dreaming of a wedding underneath a beautiful white tent with hanging chandeliers while dancing the night away with 200 of your closest friends and family? What about a beautiful barn with a rustic vintage theme serving your signature drink in mason jars? Or even an small intimate wedding that calls for monogramed favors for each guest? Any size, any location, any vision, your day should be and needs to be unique to you!

Michelle Amarillo Event Planning (MAEP) is a full service planning and design boutique based out of Newport News, VA, serving all of Virginia and beyond!!

MAEP offers Partial Planning, Full Planning Design and Event Styling!

website: www.michelleamarillo.com | email: michelle@michelleamarillo.com

0c356d2b2d22df30 1461880270890 braffbaruchwedding904

• Videos 3

37 Reviews for Michelle Amarillo Event Planning

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Would recommend over and over and over again

I feel like my husband should be writing this review. In the early stages of planning, I talked him into hiring someone to help us as we were doing planning from thousands of miles away with little ability to get back to VB. He complained the entire planning process about why I would want to hire someone.

Then the weekend of the wedding came. And he definitely changed his tune. He said, and I quote, "This was the best investment we could have ever made."

Michelle is a doll. She comes with so much experience and made the weekend so painless. She was so easy to work with in addition to being open and available to my husband and our families. Planning from Hawaii was not easy in the sense of planning as we had to heavily rely on our family and friends to be our eyes and accept numerous packages of decorations and other items. Michelle helped us keep track of these, accepted some of the packages, and was always willing to lend an ear to my conundrums. I had an idea of what I wanted the decor to look like, but when i walked into the venue, it was so much better than I imagined. Nick and I were able to enjoy the day because Michelle took all our planning worries away. Our families raved about how kind and responsive she was and went as far as to say she seemed to just fit in to our family.

Again, if you are on the fence about hiring a planner, please invest in having the peace of mind throughout the process and the ability to ENJOY your big day. And if your husbands/fiances have any concerns, just reference my hubs. :) Thank you, Michelle!!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Karen Rillon · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect Wedding Planner for our PERFECT day!

From the moment we met Michelle, we felt an amazing vibe with her and knew that she was a great fit for us. We just meshed really well with her. She always had such a positive attitude and was very accommodating. Whenever we needed anything, she was there to provide her input/feedback or just an honest opinion. And she did an amazing job with helping us figure out those last minute details. She made sure we didn't stress and that everything was taken care of every step of the way. Thank you , Michelle, for making sure our wedding day was perfect in every way possible! We were honored that we were your FIRST wedding of the season/year! :-D

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Marcinko · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Planner ever!!!

Michelle is AMAZING!!!!! By nature I am a worry wart. I get anxiety and stress about everything so I was worried that I would be so stressed with all the details for the big day that I wouldn't be able to enjoy my wedding. With Michelle as my wedding planner that wasn't the case she took care of finalizing all the details and dealing with my vendors and completely took all the stress off me. My day was perfect and amazing thanks to all the hard work Michelle did. She was always very flexible and was quick to respond to all my texts, calls, and emails. As an added bonus Michelle isn't just great at her job, she is also a genuinely awesome person and I always had a fun time working with her .

Sent on 12/04/2018

Michelle Amarillo Event Planning FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Mimosa Barn
    Mimosa Barn Barn & Farm Weddings

Michelle Amarillo is a thorough professional and a joy to work with. She listens to her clients needs and covers every aspect of the event from the functional items like parking all the way through to the final small touches that make the event unique.

• Rev. Cory Newell and Associates
    Rev. Cory Newell and Associates Wedding Officiants

Working with Michelle and team was certainly a joy! She's detailed, cool, calm, and collected, creating the most elegant and planned event in the industry! I love working with pro's and Michelle should be at the top of your choices!

• The Girl Tyler
    The Girl Tyler Wedding Photographers

Michelle is truly delightful! We were lucky enough to work a wedding with her recently and just loved her organization, bubbly personality and accommodating nature. If we were treated like that as fellow vendors, just imagine how she treats her couples! You'll adore your experience with Michelle Amarillo Events and rest easy knowing your in kind and capable hands.

• Newport News See on map