• Photos & Videos 56
  • Real Weddings 1

About Makena Weddings

Makena Weddings is a husband and wife wedding planning team located in Honolulu, Hawaii. Laurie and Al have been married for over 30 years and have helped couples from all over the word plan their big day. Laurie attends to every detail of your wedding, while Al, who is an ordained minister, unites you and your fiance in a simple, touching ceremony on your wedding day. Whether it's an intimate gathering or a larger party, they know how to make your wedding day not only a beautiful event, but also relaxing and stress free. This dynamic duo, with their years of experience, have a passion for making their clients' wedding dreams come true!

When you choose Laurie and Al of Makena Weddings, you're not only getting their years of expertise and knowledge, but you also get many additional services as well. The wedding services they offer include:

• Budget analysis
  • Day-of coordination
  • Event design
  • Full planning
  • Guest list
  • Partial planning
  • Timelines

Other Services
Makena Weddings also offers many a la carte services. These optional wedding services include:

• Minister
scott drexler 623

• Videos 2

130 Reviews for Makena Weddings

Brynn · Married on 08/25/2018

If you are getting married in Maui, I HIGHLY recommend that you use Makena Weddings. Cindy and Laurie are AMAZING! True miracle workers! I started planning my wedding 15 months prior to the event date. Cindy and Laurie gave us really great vendors to choose from. Everyone from the florist to the photographer to the videographer to the bar service to the DJ was outstanding. As the date got closer, Cindy and Laurie were great about talking me through all the details and logistics and allowing me to be as involved or uninvolved in all of the decisions as I wanted. But the real miracle work came on wedding week. Let me tell you a little bit about the crazy week that was my wedding... it definitely did not go as expected. During our week in Maui we were faced with Hurricane Lane, followed by a fire, followed by a power outage. Dinners and events we had planned for months were canceled as were several of our guests’ flights taking us from a 40 person wedding down to 25. I scrambled to process my disappointment while also struggling to make last minute changes... all things you never plan to be doing on your wedding day. Then I found out that the musician we hired wouldn’t be able to make it either. Everything I planned was crumbling before my eyes. I arrived at my incredible outdoor wedding venue Olowalu Plantation House on the sunny afternoon of August 25 but about 30 minutes before guests arrived, the rain starting pouring down. Luckily for us, our wedding planners were absolute professionals, prepared for anything. Due to a power outage in Lahaina, we would not have had electricity (no lights, no mics, no DJ!) but luckily our planners brought generators so we had everything. They brought in a tent and quickly moved our entire ceremony set up underneath it. They also found a last-minute guitarist to play for us! Despite having one of the craziest wedding stories, everything day-of ran seamlessly as Makena Weddings helped us deal with each new change. THANK YOU!

Makena Weddings 1
    Makena Weddings 2
    Makena Weddings 3
    Makena Weddings 4

Paulina · Married on 06/15/2018

Where do I start? It’s not easy planning a wedding. It’s even more crazy when you’re doing it from another state! Enter Makena Weddings- the self proclaimed “dream makers” (via their website)- and they REALLY are.

I worked closely with Cindy via email and I think it’s important to note that I wasn’t overly excited about planning a wedding. Fortunately, I did have a “vision”- a small, intimate, fairy-tale like wedding, and they made it happen.

Working with Cindy over email and phone was a positive experience: I know they’re popular, but they always remain responsive, have suggestions, and are very professional. But meeting them in person was even better. Laurie and Cindy were just the sweetest women and made my day absolutely awesome. All the guests loved them too.

Every single vendor that they recommended went above and beyond. They went above and beyond. All my planning and efforts were 100% worth it because our wedding day is something that my now husband and I can look back on fondly. We both had a blast, and so did our guests. I am so grateful to have found Cindy and Laurie and I would recommend them to anyone. We had our wedding at Kukahiko Estate and I wouldn’t change a single thing about that day. Thank you!!

Makena Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,350.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List Creation, Partial Planning, Timelines
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Destination, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 2