Makena Weddings Reviews

Makena Weddings 4
Makena Weddings 5
  • Ryan

Ryan Esparza · Married on 08/28/2019

Made our Wedding Day the Best Day Ever!

Cindy and Laurie of Makena Weddings made our wedding day the most amazing day ever. Communication was always easy, and there was not a single thing I had to worry about on the day of the wedding - can’t tell you how much I appreciate that! Our wedding day was more beautiful than we could have imagined, and it’s a day our families and ourselves will not stop talking about. Everyone was in awe of our special day! We are so happy with our memories of that day, and our communication with Makena Wedding in general, and would not change a single thing.

I’m a bit of a control freak when it comes to anything like this, so I’m always skeptical of getting help from others but the best decision I made was hiring Makena Weddings!!! We are beyond grateful for everything they did. Not only Cindy and Laurie, but Al put on an AMAZING ceremony for us that everyone absolutely loved. His words were so moving and unforgettable. We have nothing but PERFECT memories of our wedding day, and we have Makena Weddings to thank for that. You will not go wrong choosing them!!!

Makena Weddings 6
    Makena Weddings 13
    Sent on 11/09/2019

Selvi Menard · Married on 08/04/2019

Flawless!!

Laurie and Cindy are the best!! We had our destination wedding on 8/4/2019. They made the planning process seamless, and executed perfectly! The wedding was better than my husband and I envisioned. They wow’d us and our guests. I wish we could relive the day over and over again! We had way too much fun! Thank you to the two lovely ladies for all your hard work.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Tracy · Married on 07/05/2019

Outstanding

Laurie & Cindy made our dreams come true. We could not have asked for more. Our day was perfect! Aloha and Mahalo, Joe & Tracy Tate

Makena Weddings 14
    Makena Weddings 15
    Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding of our dreams

Laurie and Cindy made our dream wedding come to life! We planned a destination wedding in Maui from California. I was a stress free bride, and they were always willing to jump on a call if I had any questions, or new ideas. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and we owe it all to Laurie and Cindy. Thank you times a million for helping to plan our wedding day. We would relive it over and over again!!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Katiie

Katiie Kalk · Married on 05/29/2019

Best wedding ever!

What a perfect day! Laurie and Cindy at Makena Weddings are amazing -- they planned, coordinated and put together an absolutely stunning, super fun and super beautiful wedding that included all of our requests and was really tailored to us -- they made everything incredibly easy for us (we live in Australia, so they took care of ALL details locally, answered all our questions, and were always available to us), and made all our dreams come true. We had numerous guests tell us this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Couldn't be happier -- thank you so much Laurie and Cindy!! If you are thinking of getting married in Maui, absolutely book Makena Weddings. xx

Makena Weddings 16
    Makena Weddings 22
    Sent on 06/20/2019

Josh Jackson · Married on 11/13/2018

Perfect Destination Wedding

Laurie & Cindy were awesome! Organising a destination wedding may have challenges, but we did not encounter any. Everything was seamless and they were able to organise everything we asked for. We found it easy to send photos of what we were looking for and Laurie and Cindy worked their magic to make it happen. Very helpful to see detailed budgets and timelines as so we could be flexible and incorporate exactly what we wanted. Our wedding day was perfect and we would not change a thing. Thanks for all of your help Laurie & Cindy! Will highly recommend your services to anyone trying to get married on Maui. Lastly, if anyone is considering Olowalu Plantation House for your wedding venue, do it! That place is unreal awesome!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Cornish · Married on 11/01/2018

I truly can't say enough about Makena Weddings

There are no words to describe Makena Weddings, (Laurie, Cindy, and Al) Our wedding planning process was completely stress-free from the day we picked our date until the end of the evening of our Wedding day. They went above and beyond in so many ways. Our day could not have been better and our guests even told us that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. Laurie made everyone in our bridal party so at ease and added some beautiful touches that we didn't even think of. Al's ceremony was so beautiful and personal. Laurie was there every step of the way to answer questions and help with coordinating with our vendors. (And I had A LOT of questions along the way) and even though we were so far away, I never felt like I couldn't call or email. Laurie was always so quick to get back to me every time. She has been in the business for so long and knew exactly who would work best with us. I really can't say enough about Makena Weddings. We are so grateful to them for helping to make our day so perfect.

Makena Weddings 23
    Makena Weddings 24
    Sent on 12/14/2018

Carol J Cornish · Married on 11/01/2018

Absolutely amazing!

My older son and his fiance were married on Maui in Nov and Laurie and Al from Makena Weddings were amazing! They made this dream wedding become real for our family. From the beginning, Laurie listened to the ideas they imagined for their wedding and made them come true! Every single detail was taken care of for a stress free, absolutely beautiful day. And Al. How do you describe this gentle giant, with his memorizing words. He performed the ceremony with singing the aloha greeting in Hawaiian. What a beautiful voice! The whole ceremony was relaxed with tears and laughter and couldn't have been more perfect and personal! Everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to! You can tell Laurie and Al absolutely love what they do and as the Mother of the Groom, I can't thank them enough for blessing us on our special day!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 10/19/2018

Very responsive, personable, and nailed everything we wanted!

When we began to plan and contact wedding planners, it became pretty overwhelming and stressful, but as soon as we found Makena Weddings, a ton of weight lifted off our shoulders and they are a true gem.

From the first contact with Makena Weddings, they were very informative with recommendations of venues and catering. Cindy and Laurie created such a personalized solution based on our vision and made it so very simple for us. Cindy and Laurie were on it with creating our detailed, broken down quotes and did a fantastic job keeping in touch with us all the way up until and after our Wedding Day. I had many questions leading up to the day and they were by my side the entire way. I had initially had certain vendors in mind, and when I had concerns, Cindy and Laurie were there to reassure me. The most important thing to us during the planning was to have someone respond to us in a timely manner and Makena Weddings took the cake!!

Cindy was our main point of contact and she was always so calm and pleasant to work with. Day of wedding, she did not seem frantic at all, and everything ran so smoothly. The Ceremony, Cocktail hour, and Reception were perfect! The details were so beautiful and it really was everything beyond our imagination. She also was able to incorporate the little personalized touches we wanted.

Rev. Al Terry. Oh my gosh! He is a hoot and so gentle. Until this day, our friends and family talk about how light his spirit is and how fun he kept the Ceremony, which by the way, made for great photos!

We highly, highly recommend Makena Weddings. We are so grateful for them and we could not imagine working with anyone else. We hope you choose Makena Weddings as your planner. They are such beautiful souls and spirits and they really are the dream-makers!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Brynn · Married on 08/25/2018

If you are getting married in Maui, I HIGHLY recommend that you use Makena Weddings. Cindy and Laurie are AMAZING! True miracle workers! I started planning my wedding 15 months prior to the event date. Cindy and Laurie gave us really great vendors to choose from. Everyone from the florist to the photographer to the videographer to the bar service to the DJ was outstanding. As the date got closer, Cindy and Laurie were great about talking me through all the details and logistics and allowing me to be as involved or uninvolved in all of the decisions as I wanted. But the real miracle work came on wedding week. Let me tell you a little bit about the crazy week that was my wedding... it definitely did not go as expected. During our week in Maui we were faced with Hurricane Lane, followed by a fire, followed by a power outage. Dinners and events we had planned for months were canceled as were several of our guests’ flights taking us from a 40 person wedding down to 25. I scrambled to process my disappointment while also struggling to make last minute changes... all things you never plan to be doing on your wedding day. Then I found out that the musician we hired wouldn’t be able to make it either. Everything I planned was crumbling before my eyes. I arrived at my incredible outdoor wedding venue Olowalu Plantation House on the sunny afternoon of August 25 but about 30 minutes before guests arrived, the rain starting pouring down. Luckily for us, our wedding planners were absolute professionals, prepared for anything. Due to a power outage in Lahaina, we would not have had electricity (no lights, no mics, no DJ!) but luckily our planners brought generators so we had everything. They brought in a tent and quickly moved our entire ceremony set up underneath it. They also found a last-minute guitarist to play for us! Despite having one of the craziest wedding stories, everything day-of ran seamlessly as Makena Weddings helped us deal with each new change. THANK YOU!

Makena Weddings 25
    Makena Weddings 26
    Makena Weddings 27
    Makena Weddings 28
    Sent on 09/28/2018

Paulina · Married on 06/15/2018

Where do I start? It’s not easy planning a wedding. It’s even more crazy when you’re doing it from another state! Enter Makena Weddings- the self proclaimed “dream makers” (via their website)- and they REALLY are.

I worked closely with Cindy via email and I think it’s important to note that I wasn’t overly excited about planning a wedding. Fortunately, I did have a “vision”- a small, intimate, fairy-tale like wedding, and they made it happen.

Working with Cindy over email and phone was a positive experience: I know they’re popular, but they always remain responsive, have suggestions, and are very professional. But meeting them in person was even better. Laurie and Cindy were just the sweetest women and made my day absolutely awesome. All the guests loved them too.

Every single vendor that they recommended went above and beyond. They went above and beyond. All my planning and efforts were 100% worth it because our wedding day is something that my now husband and I can look back on fondly. We both had a blast, and so did our guests. I am so grateful to have found Cindy and Laurie and I would recommend them to anyone. We had our wedding at Kukahiko Estate and I wouldn’t change a single thing about that day. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Mary Beth · Married on 04/26/2018

My husband and I were engaged in Kauai and dreamed of a Hawaiian wedding that we could share with friends and family. When starting to research how to begin to plan a wedding in Hawaii all the way from Eastern Canada is started to get a bit overwhelming....Then I stumbled upon Makena Weddings and that was when everything changed!!!

Laurie and Cindy were angels who made planning our special day a true joy. They took any and all stress out of the process and I had full confidence and trust that everything would be taken care of. They were upfront and knew the best of the best and never once tried to push us outside our limits. Our day was flawless and a complete dream and it was all because of them! Laurie’s husband Al officiated our ceremony and it was truly the most special part of the whole day. He is a gifted man and we were so blessed to have him marry us. Makena weddings should be your #1 choice for a wedding planner in Maui :)

Sent on 09/28/2018

Lisa · Married on 11/08/2017

I highly recommend Makena Weddings. Cindy planned our wedding in November 2017 at Kukahiko Estate in Maui and she was fantastic. She was very patient with me as I peppered her with questions, ideas and photos! We spoke and corresponded over email so many times in the months leading up to the wedding. We were having a small wedding and were conscious of budget and Cindy was very helpful in finding ways for us to keep our budget in check. She really understood our vision of how we wanted the day to go and had great ideas and advice. We live in New York and had been to Maui a few times on vacation. But it was a leap of faith (especially for a Type A personality!) to have our wedding there when we weren’t able to fly out and see the venue, meet the officiant and vendors or taste food ahead of time. Cindy guided us through the whole thing and we trusted her judgment- I’m so happy we did. When we arrived on the island we met with Cindy and went to see Kukahiko Estate, which was even more beautiful than it was in the pictures- just like she said it would be! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect- I cannot say enough about how beautifully it all came together. Cindy executed everything behind the scenes and to us the whole event was seamless. We used Makena Weddings Florals for our flowers and everything was stunning! They did the tables in greenery, pineapples and candles and strung up lights in the trees and it all looked beautiful. It was exactly what we wanted. I told Cindy after the wedding that I felt like she had been inside my head because everything was exactly how I had envisioned and dreamed it would be. Every detail was as we had discussed- both big and small. Because Cindy had everything completely in hand, we were able to just focus on enjoying ourselves and savoring every minute of our wedding day. All of our friends and family were blown away by how gorgeous the wedding turned out. I can recommend Cindy and Makena Weddings without reservation!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Lourdes · Married on 10/26/2017

Makena Weddings is the most amazing wedding planning group out there. We wanted a small wedding with just close family and Laurie, Cindy, and Al could not have made the entire experience more perfect. It was absolutely beautiful and even after a horrible storm knocked out the power to the entire island we ended up having the most wonderful, ideal wedding day. Our family have not stopped talking about it! Mahalo nui loa Makena Weddings for giving us the most amazing no stress experience.

Sent on 12/02/2017

Makena Weddings's reply:

Aloha Lourdes thank you so much for taking the time to send a review for us. We loved working with to plan your beautiful wedding. Thank you for trusting us .

Joe · Married on 09/17/2017

WOW, enough cannot be said about how great Makena Weddings did for helping my wife and I renew our 10 year vow renewal on Maui.  I planned this as a surprise and they worked with me to wait to charge the deposit on my credit card so I could help keep this a surprise for my wife.  They were great at communicating through the whole process and making sure it was exactly what I wanted.  They allowed me to modify the ceremony like I wanted and let me add unity sand to the ceremony.

I think the most important service we received from Makena Weddings was the officiant and this added all the special feeling to our ceremony.  Rev Al was amazing, he immediately makes you feel the connection between each other and brings the true feeling of Hawaii and love all together.  His words are amazing and he really roles with taking from what he is feeling to add to the ceremony.  I am not planning on renewing my vows anytime soon but I would love to have Rev Al do this for me again, amazing-Joe and Emily

Sent on 09/27/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/26/2017

AMAZING! The best day ever !

We can not thank Makena weddings enough for all they did to make sure our day was beyond perfect. From the very first phone call we knew they were the ones ! Laurie and Cindy were open, honest, and accepting of all of our thoughts and ideas. They worked within our budget and were always there to answer all of our questions promptly. They made me feel so comfortable from the time we arrived on Maui and throughout the entire wedding day. Reverend Al was absolutely incredible and offered such a beautiful sermon, including our 7 year old daughter in the vows. We had family asking us where he offered service afterwards as they were so blown away ! The entire experience was so memorable and special to us. We are so grateful to have had Makena weddings there for us on our special day.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Crystal · Married on 07/28/2017

Laurie and Cindy are the best wedding planners you could ever chose for your destination wedding in Maui! It's such a daunting task to plan a wedding from overseas, but when we first met these ladies, my then-fiance and I knew we were in good hands! We had three wedding events: a day-before welcome cocktail reception, the actual ceremony and reception, and a day-after brunch. Everything, seriously everything, went so smoothly and miraculously enough for us, completely stress-free! Also like us, all of our guests were blown away by it all! Practically everyone has told us, both during and after our wedding, how "chill" and smooth our wedding flowed. We had so many people come to tell us they had the best time at our wedding and that our wedding was by far the best wedding they had or would ever attend! In fact, it's almost a two months later and everyone is STILL talking about it! Honestly, all my husband had to really do was tell Laurie and Cindy an idea of what we would like, and they exceeded all our expectations!
    Laurie and Cindy are complete pros at what they do! They helped give my husband THE dream wedding we never knew we wanted, but are so happy and feel so lucky to have had.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Destinee · Married on 07/27/2017

Everything was wonderful! The ceremony was simple, heartfelt and beautiful. They truly made it so stress free! It was worth every penny. The planning process all the way through the entire evening was flawless and simple! Thank you Makena Weddings. You are truly wonderful individuals and will always have a warm place in our hearts.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Steve · Married on 06/27/2017

We renewed vows on our 30th anniversary trip to Maui. Makena Weddings was amazing. We loved them and their spirit. A memory we will never forget!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Victoria · Married on 06/23/2017

Makena Weddings is Amazing!!! It was an absolute delight to meet and deal with Laurie and Al. Our sunset ceremony was simple but magical. Everything was organized so perfect even though mostly we talked over the phone and personally met only a 1 day before the event. Laurie made everything so stress free and her guidance was priceless. Laurie, Cindy and Al Thank you so much for everything :) I am thinking maybe to renew my vows in 10 years just to repeat the moment :)

Sent on 07/13/2017

Makena Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Victoria for taking to write this for us..we really appreciate and thrilled you were happy. we would love to see you for a vow renewal and doesn't have to be 10 years :) ... take care

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2017

Lauri and Cindy of Makena Weddings made planning a wedding in Maui from California so easy! We kept in touch with each other every other week or so or if I had other questions more often. It never seemed as if they were too busy to help or that any question was too dumb! From the beginning, they were very transparent with the cost of everything and helped me stick to my budget while including everything I wanted. We had our ceremony at the beautiful Kukahiko Estate and I cannot have imagined anywhere more beautiful! Highly recommend! We then had dinner at Gannon's just down the road. I gave Cindy very few direction on what I wanted but the decorations turned out more beautiful than I could've imagined! So many amazing details! The wonderful Dmitri of Dmitri and Sandra Photography took our photos and we were amazed as well! Makena Weddings did so much more than we expected and created such an incredible and memorable day for me, my husband and all of our friends and family!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Bryan · Married on 04/20/2017

What great people to work with! My wife and I were married last week after coordinating our wedding with Makena Weddings from our home in Seattle. The whole process was easy, reasonably priced and most importantly to us, we were able to work with people who clearly care about what they do and those they help on this special day. Al, Laurie and Cindy were all amazing. You can't find a better person to marry you than Al - guaranteed! We instantly felt a connection with him. They also recommended a photographer that GREATLY exceeded our expectations (Michael Stuarts who works for Chris Evans). There was an additional charge for this higher end photographer but he was worth every penny. We didn't really have the money to add this additional cost, but I have zero regrets. What great photos. And what a great wedding. Do yourself a favor and reach out to the kind folks at Makena!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Cathy · Married on 04/01/2017

Laurie will make sure everything is arranged to make the wedding day go smoothly. The wedding ceremony that Al performs is very emotional from laughter to tears but throughout many reminders about the importance of love. Thank you so much to both of you for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2017

Everyone on the team is simply AMAZING!! I was extremely happy with their service and flexibility. Planning a destination wedding is very stressful, my main concern was finding someone who you really do not meet until your arrival at Maui. I appreciate their hard work and their patience with all my ideas and concerns for the wedding.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Laura · Married on 03/21/2017

Laurie, Cindy and Reverend Al were absolutely wonderful to work with. Our wedding day was everything we had dreamed it would be and more because of the care and planning of Makena Weddings. The communication prior to arriving on the island was great and from the first meeting with Al and Laurie we knew we made the right choice to work with this amazing couple. Laurie and Cindy took care of every detail both before and on our wedding day and Reverend Al officiated the most beautiful ceremony. Thank you Laurie, Cindy and Reverend Al for making our wedding day truly magical! We highly recommend Makena Weddings to anyone getting married in Maui!

Sent on 04/23/2017