Saint Paul, MN 55191 Map · Phone number

About Lustre Artistry LLC

Hello. Nice to meet you!

I'm Kate, a Twin Cities based makeup artist and esthetician who's career in the beauty and fashion industry began at a young age. I spent over a decade as a model both in my hometown of Minneapolis and in Los Angeles. From day one, I instantly fell in love with makeup. It was such a playful way to create art. Once I started doing makeup for others, I found that there is nothing I love more than making someone feel beautiful, inside and out. For me, it's incredibly empowering to put a genuine smile on someone's face.

In 2009, I graduated from The Aveda Institute of Minneapolis with a degree in Esthiology. There I found I also had a wild passion for skincare and wellness. I have since worked in high end spas where I have been honing my skills, with an emphasis on organic skincare and green beauty. I believe healthy skin is the prettiest thing you can wear, and I like to apply makeup to bring out your natural radiance. Hence the name, Lustre Artistry.

Acknowledgements

Named as one of the four estheticians to trust your skin to in the Twin Cities in Mpls St. Paul Magazine "Best Of" issue, January 2013.

Education

Esthiology degree from The Aveda Institute in 2009; Cosmetology degree from Regency Institute in 2011; Freelance Makeup Artist since 2011; Minnesota Spa Conference 2009, 2010; Trained in Hungarian Massage techniques, reflexology, aromatherapy, naturally sourced chemical peels, Diamondtome Microdermabrasion; Annual Eminence Organics Skincare and Hungarian Massage Master Classes since 2013; Advanced training with One Love Organics, Skinceuticals, Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup, and MAC Makeup.

Follow Lustre Artistry LLC on

kdwedding 301 copy
kdwedding 299

11 Reviews for Lustre Artistry LLC

Shannon · Married on 06/16/2018

Kate was amazing! For a trial run, she came to my parents house and we finalized my bridal look. On our wedding day, she met us at the hotel. She was timely and devoted to each bridesmaid's vision. She was personable, friendly, and organized. Everyone looked perfect and loved their look! I would definitely recommend her.

Erin · Married on 09/30/2017

Kate with Lustre Atristry was so great! I was so happy with her and my bridal party loved her too, she did such a great job!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Kate and Lustre Artistry. She is incredible. I have never felt so beautiful, and she made the process (both leading up to the wedding and the day-of) so easy. She was super flexible when I had to move things around because of a miscommunication with my hair stylist, and was really receptive to my thoughts about my makeup after my trial (I highly recommend a trial! I had pinned some looks I loved, and it turns out those looks just don't flatter my face, so we went in a different direction for the actual wedding day). Overall, I am extremely happy with my choice of having Kate do my wedding make up, and I will suggest her to anyone and everyone who is looking for a friendly, reliable, rockstar of a makeup artist for their big deal. Oh, and as an added bonus, she ended up taking a couple of really sweet candid shots of me and my bridesmaids when the photographer showed up and stole us away for a minute (did I mention she's flexible!) Also - get the fake lashes. Totally worth it.

Award

Lustre Artistry LLC FAQ

• Does makeup price include false lashes? No
  • What beauty services do you offer? Group Services, Makeup, Licensed
  • What makeup services do you offer? Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 6