175 Polythress Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Kast Events

South African native Cheryl-Anne Kast began her career in the events industry with a Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts from The Institute of Culinary Arts in Stellenbosch, South Africa.Her passion for impeccable cuisine landed her a position as Pastry Chef at the Conran Group's acclaimed London eatery, Coq d'Argent. With stops at Lambs of Stratford-upon-Avon and the World Service Restaurant in Nottingham, she honed her skills as a Pastry Chef and gained extensive knowledge of catering and events.

In 2006 Cheryl-Anne made a fateful move to the Tarheel State with the opportunity to join the AAA Five DiamondFearrington House Restaurant, a Relais & Chateaux treasure nestled in the lush farmland of Pittsboro, NC. There she met handsome Cheese Maker, Alexander who she promptly married and in 2013 gave birth to their precious daughter.

Cheryl-Anne's attention to detail and vast experience made her a stand out at Fearrington. She made a smooth transition from the kitchen to Catering Manager and Weddings and Special Events Manager where she served thousands of clients over the course of 6 years in creating unique, beautiful, and meaningful weddings, bridal luncheons, private intimate dinners, corporate events, charitable events such as the annual Peter Michael FoundationCharity Auction and Dinner, as well as the prestigious Thomas Keller Dinner in 2013.

In 2015, Cheryl-Anne founded Kast Events LLC, giving her the opportunity to serve a more diverse clientele. Her calm demeanor paired with her impeccable attention to detail makes Cheryl-Anne a favorite of brides and hostesses alike. She possesses excellent communication skills, superior presentation abilities and contagious enthusiasm. Cheryl-Anne's clients benefit from her vast experience and valuable relationships with top area vendors, supplying show-stopping floral, creative menu, and event design and execution. Whether an intimate event or a lively wedding celebration, Cheryl-Anne's aesthetic and talent makes her a star within Triangle events industry.

129 51 744099 1567262778

Kast Events 6
  • Shannon

Shannon Mcfayden · Getting married on 01/05/2021

I Need 10 Stars to rate Kast Events

As mother of the bride planning my first wedding ever in a city where none of us lived, I was intimidated and worried about my ability to pull it off. In my first phone call with Cheryl-Anne Kast, I knew I had found our Planner. In a word, she is amazing. Ch eryl-Anne, and everyone on her team, is SO organized, helpful, creative, responsive and calm under pressure. They worked really hard to get to know us and then to personalize the whole experience to our desires, with an unbelievable attention to detail and execution. And they made it fun for us every step of the way. As I reflect on all the various things I spent money on with my daughter's wedding, there is NO better investment we made than hiring Kast Events. And the icing on the cake is that Cheryl-Anne is also a floral designer so she did all of our flowers and decor, and guests have literally told me it was the prettiest wedding they've ever seen. That's because of Cheryl-Anne. She is THE BEST. I need 10 stars to rate Kast.....

Sent on 05/30/2019

Kast Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the opportunity Shannon and for trusting us with Tyler and Powel's special day! It was an honor and such a pleasure to work with all of you! Wishing you all only the best!
  • Sue

Sue Barczak · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Epic Chapel Hill Wedding!!!

Kast team was unbelievable. Every detail covered. Always professional. Pleasure to work with, from the first meeting right through to the last minute of wedding. Also, the flowers and arrangements were beautiful. The day itself ran without a hitch and without any surprises. And as parents of the bride, that is exactly what we needed. If we had another daughter, Cheryl-Anne and her team would be our first call.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Kast Events's reply:

Thank you so much Sue! It was out absolute pleasure! We very much enjoyed working your family and been a part of Nikki and Aaron's big day!Wishing you all only the best!
  • Grey

Elizabeth · Married on 04/27/2019

Above and Beyond!!!!!!!

I worked directly with Cheryl-Anne and Justine at Kast Events and I cannot even begin to describe how amazing they are. I was planning from long distance and they made everything so incredibly. I was more laid back about making decisions which was probably for the best - I went with basically everything they suggested and my wedding day was a literal fairy tale come to life. I gave them some basic color schemes/ideas and it's like they took the picture right out of my mind and created something amazing. I never dreamed that the day would be so perfect and it is all thanks to Kast Events. They worked so incredibly hard so that I didn't have to.

Cheryl-Anne also did my florals - I was speechless when I saw how beautiful they were and the guests could not stop talking about them.

I cannot recommend Kast Events enough - whatever is is that you are looking for I promise you will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Kast Events 7
    Kast Events 8

Kast Events's reply:

Aw, thank you darling Grey! We had so much fun - thank you for entrusting us with all the details and allowing us to be creative! We wish you and Stephen only the BEST!

Kast Events FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

Real Weddings

• Rev. Barbara Lodge
    Rev. Barbara Lodge Wedding Officiants

I love doing weddings with Kast Events. Cheryl-Anne is soft-spoken, kind, efficient and always professional. It is obvious her focus is on the couple’s desires and she does all she can to make them happen. Her wedding couples love her, and rightly so. Highly recommended!

• Bunn DJ Company
    Bunn DJ Company Wedding DJs

We have worked with Cheryl-Anne for years and always had a smooth event! She is dedicated to making sure everyone is happy and having the time of their lives.

• 175 Polythress Road Chapel Hill, 27516 See on map