204 Silver Street, Dover, NH 03820 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 48
  • Pricing

About Joya beauty

Hey, Joanne McDonoug here and I am the artist behind Joya, I began my makeup career in 2002 training in NYC and choosing bridal beauty as my specialty. You can find more detailed information including rates and how to book on my website: http://joyabeauty.com

Experience
Makeup artistry has been featured on the covers and inside various magazines, including Grace Ormond’s Wedding Style and Marriage Magazine (New England), New Hampshire Magazine Bride, New Hampshire Wedding Magazine, and Runway Fashion Events for Grace Ormond Wedding Style and Marriage Magazine. I also helped launch the American Cancer Society’s Look Good Feel Better program at Wentworth Douglas Hospital in Dover, New Hampshire. In addition to makeup, I am a licensed skin care therapist.

Joya Beauty provides clients with a selection of licensed beauty services that include consultations, facials, hair removal (threading, tweezing, and waxing), and men’s grooming. I can create your look for makeup trials and on-site makeup using airbrush makeup, contour makeup, and eye makeup, as well as:

• Brow/lash tinting
12402086555067578064971672923991
52444749127453914592080832276
152amccan
Joya beauty
sarah and john married sarah and john married best
sharynpeaveyphotography hires 043

183 Reviews for Joya beauty

Joya beauty 1
Joya beauty 2

Katherine Stewart · Married on 08/03/2019

Joanne is the best. Period.

Joanne is amazing, so if she is free on your date, stop looking and hire her now. She was wonderful to work with at every step in the planning process, from an initial phone call to my makeup trial to the wedding day, where she came to the venue and not only did my makeup but also did makeup for my bridal party, my mom, and a member of the groom's party. I don't wear much makeup, and I wanted to look and feel my best on my wedding day, but wasn't sure what that might entail. Joanne has such an thoughtful presence-- she will listen to what you think, make suggestions based on her wealth of experience and knowledge, and give you honest answers. I was thrilled with how I looked and felt, and my makeup stayed fresh all night, even with being outside and dancing.

My vision for the bridal party was for everyone's makeup to have them feeling confident and all around awesome, whatever that meant to them! Folks in my party have varied personal styles and come from different racial/ethnic backgrounds, so it was really important to me that anyone who worked with us would 1) have experience working with women of color, which not all New England-area makeup artists do, and 2) be committed to collaborating with each person to help them realize what they envisioned. Joanne took the time to get to know each member of my party and understand (and help them understand) what they wanted. Everyone felt affirmed and gorgeous and had a total blast working with her. Quote from one bridesmaid: "She is an absolute gem."

I also have to mention Joanne's organization. She made a schedule in concert with our hair stylist (shameless plug for Lena of Hair That Moves-- hire her too!), our photographer, and our planner, and she helped make sure we stayed on time all day. This is no small feat with a party of 8 people who all like each other and get distracted (myself included), and it was great to have one less thing to keep track of as a bride.

Some of the best parts of a big event are when you're getting ready, and Joanne was such a wonderful person to have around in the midst of the anticipation and lead-up. All my family/friends loved her, and I hope I have another reason to get my makeup done in the future so I can hire her all over again. Thank you, Joanne!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Oh My! You have made me feel so incredible. However can I thank you for this glowing review? I loved getting to know you and your family/friends. They were all a joy and I especially liked the dance party in the kitchen when you went for first look. Have a wonderful trip to CO. Best wishes for a fun next chapter My Joya bride.

Kelley Stump · Married on 08/02/2019

Joanne is the BEST!

Joanne is not only amazing at her craft, but she's also a truly wonderful person and an absolute joy to work with. I can't recommend her highly enough! I don't use much makeup day-to-day, but she made me feel comfortable from the very beginning. She helped me craft an amazing look, and I truly felt the part of a beautiful bride on my wedding day. Not only this, but the moms and bridemaids loved working with her as well!

I was planning my wedding from afar, and I also can't thank her enough for being so responsive to my emails, texts and calls. She is incredibly efficient and accommodating, lightening the load of the wedding planning process.

Joanne is the answer to all your wedding day makeup needs!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Joya beauty's reply:

Dearest Kelley,
    I am so happy that you were pleased. It makes me feel so grateful to have been a part of your day. I wish you all the best and hope we can stay in touch over the years.
    With love and gratitude

Joya beauty Pricing

Joya beauty Price Rates

Joya beauty FAQ

• What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 125.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the starting price for facials? $ 80.00
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Facials, Hair Removal, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Licensed
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Threading, Tweezing, Waxing

• The White Apron
    The White Apron Wedding Caterers

Joanne truly loves what she does, and rightfully so because she is amazing at it! She is extremely nice and is so easy to connect with. Everyone that meets her falls in love with not only her personality, but how incredible she is at her job. We highly recommend Joanne!!

• Arnold Imaging LLC
    Arnold Imaging LLC Wedding Photographers

Joanne is so talented and such a treat to work with! I hope to see Joya Beauty at a wedding again soon. :)

• Masterfully Planned, Weddings & Events
    Masterfully Planned, Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

I would highly recommend Joya Beauty for your wedding day, or really any special occasion! Joanne is a professional that not only takes the time to get to know her clients she will also make you look and feel like a million bucks on your BIG day. Don't settle for less, go with the best!

• 204 Silver Street Dover, New Hampshire, 03820 See on map