$9,000

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Jove Meyer Events

WEDDINGS YOUR WAY!

Jove Meyer, founder and principal of Jove Meyer Events, hails from a small beach town in southern California. He made his way to New York City to attend Columbia University, but rather than pursuing a law degree he instead followed his passion design, details and planning.

Jove and his team specialize in creating personalized weddings that are a reflection of each couple's unique style, personality and relationship. He believes in a relaxed approach when guiding the planning and design process, creating a fun and stress-free experience. Jove Meyer Events is known for collaborating with some of the best vendors around to create fresh and beautiful events.

Jove Meyer Events was born after Jove planned and designed his best friend's wedding in the summer of 2008 and loved every minute of it. In the years since, The Knot has called him a Wedding Wizard and listed him as one of the top 100 wedding pros! He has also won the Couples Choice Award from WeddingWire year after year. Jove’s work has been featured in magazines and blogs worldwide: Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, Refinery29, Marie Claire, Style Me Pretty, 100 Layer Cake, Ruffled and many more.

Jove Meyer is the host of the popular podcast Weddings-ish with Jove! He is the creator of the “Totes Getting Married” tote bag and the founder of the NYC Planners Dining Club. In addition to planning and designing, Jove has spoken at events throughout the country, most recently at AmericasMart Design week in Atlanta.

Jove is a passionate advocate for marriage equality. He co-taught the first LGBT wedding webinar in partnership with The Knot and spoke about the truths of gay marriage at The Knot Workshop in Atlantic City. Jove donates a portion of his tote bag proceeds to support this cause.

Categories: Wedding Planner

Partial Planning (5)
Destination (2)
Civil (1)
Cultural (1)

When you get married, if it’s not Jove Meyer that you’re saying ‘I do’ to, then you’re going to want to make sure he’s somewhere in the building. This guy is amazing. We recently tied the knot at a beautiful B&B in upstate New York, the site of one of our first getaways as a couple.

While the Inn is perfectly outfitted to house its overnight guests, our’s was the largest event it has hosted. We needed to rent and bring in all essentials - forks, knives, glasses, plates, extra furniture, all food, and of course typical items such as flowers, candles etc. Working with Jove made this entire experience a pleasure, we just focused on finding things we liked and he took care of the rest. I don’t know what kind of organizational wizardry he was doing behind the scenes, but his management made my wedding week one of the most relaxed and full of joy I can remember. The vendors he helped us find all delivered beyond our expectations and on budget, and he was consistently checking in with them to make sure everything was on track. Jove even coached the inn management through any issues they were dealing with while hosting the big event.

As wedding day approached I couldn’t believe how relaxed both me and my spouse were, we spent our entire wedding catching up with loved ones and just enjoying the party.

If I could give this guy 10 stars I would. As our wedding wrapped I heard repeatedly from friends and family that ours was the among the most unique, memorable and enjoyable they’ve attended. If you want a wedding that fits you and want to enjoy the entire process, you should start by getting in touch with Jove.

Profile Picture fleet, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot express enough how much I loved working with Jove!! When I decided to get married in New York City (instead of Cali where I'm from), I knew I wanted someone special to work with and Jove was the perfect choice. I wanted a Cali-
style wedding in Manhattan and Jove made that all happen for me. We hired Jove about a year before the wedding day and he was there for every step of the way. In our initial meeting, he REALLY took the time to get a sense of us as a couple and what was important to us on our wedding day (music, food, decor, etc.) ! Jove works with some of the best vendors in the business and he surrounded us with a phenomenal team (florist, stationary, photographer, videographer, etc.). Working with Jove day to day is awesome and a real joy! He's fun to be around, funny, super-organized, professional and has impeccable TASTE! I could not recommend Jove enough!!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/14/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Jove was an absolute pleasure to work with. He has a strong creative vision and his professional connections gave us the opportunity to work with the best vendors in NYC. His mastery of wedding and events planning really shone on the wedding day. His assistant Sloan was also a delight and kept us feeling happy and calm leading up to the ceremony. Everything flowed smoothly, and we didn’t worry about a single thing. We couldn’t be happier with the final results!

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/18/17, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1401737469079 131026renfer439
220x220 sq 1401737484943 131026renfer520
220x220 sq 1401737500363 131026renfer655

4 ENDORSEMENTS
Simply put; if your looking for a creative, innovative and spot on wedding planner, look no further! Jove Meyer and his team are amazing to work with. Having been in the industry for 20 plus years I can attest for his professionalism and fully endorse Jove for the work he does with his clients. He is an absolute joy to work with. Loren Michelle, CEO & Founder Naturally Delicious

Jove Meyer has a great style and creative vision. He is very talented, professional, and a joy to work with! Highly recommended!

jove is not only extremely talented but he also loves what he does and is a lot of fun to work with. any vendor would be lucky/relieved to work with him. he's got a great vision, is a wonderful collaborator, is patient and flexible. you can't ask for more in wedding/event planner. i wholeheartedly endorse and recommend jove meyer events!

Jove is the perfect planner for any event. I have worked with him on a few different occasions and I am constantly impressed by how friendly, professional, organized and detail oriented he is! As a vendor he is also a pleasure - keeping the lines of communication open and giving us room to do what we do best. Jove is always first on my list when couples ask me who should plan their wedding! Book him and you won't regret it!!

Brooklyn, NY 11213   See On Map