Houston, TX 77089 Map · Phone number

About Jason Smelser Photography, LLC

<houston Modern, Creative, & High Fashion Photography>

Making memories for others in an artistic and creative way is my passion. I'm a journalistic photographer who uses natural light and advanced techniques of off camera lighting to capture romantic and classy images, whether they be candid or posed. I like creating dramatic photos that tell your story with my stylized interpretation. I consider it an honor and a great responsibility to be there for you on your special day.

Offering services to Houston and surrounding areas and available for travel.

Follow Jason Smelser Photography, LLC on

Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 4
Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 5
Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 6

Kimberly · Married on 02/10/2018

There is no amount of praise that would be enough to say how amazingly skilled Jason is. To whoever is reading this, let me just tell you how I felt after I got my teasers. First, I was shocked, blown away, and fell completely in love with the photos. As the hours went on, all I can find was myself staring at his beautiful photos. I felt my heart tug and my stomach twisted in knots while I was in awe at how masterful he photographed my wedding. This is how I felt when I fell for my husband. Never did I think I could feel this way when I saw art!
    Price: You will not beat the price he offers his service at. Others will offer a higher price without giving you anything close to what Jason has to offer in quality. I would throw my entire wallet at him if I could. He deserves more than what he charges.
    Artistry: His photos belong in magazines, seriously. Jason has an ability to see and take advantage of light to make his photos a work of art. He has a keen eye for details but has an amazing ability to see the beauty in a moment, and capture it. As viewed the teasers, I felt emotional. I thought to myself, how can you look at photos and feel something so beautiful inside? When you look at Jason’s photos, not only does he let you see the beauty of his subject, but his photos invoke a feeling inside your heart. You could call his photos “moody” if you’d like, but it’s more than that. When I stare at the photos, it feels like I’m there all over again, feeling all the love in the world.
    He is such a nice and warm person. He’s personable and will make you feel comfortable during your photo sessions. He felt more like our friend than our photographer. Jason is extremely passionate about his work and it shows in his photos. I’m so glad I chose him to be my photographer. I could seriously cry at how much I love this man.

Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 7
    Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 8
    Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 9
    Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 10

JULISSA · Married on 12/01/2017

My fiancé and I can’t brag about Jason enough. He is such an extremely talented photographer. He really has magic eyes that capture shadows, colors, and lighting in such a dramatic way. His photos truly represent the true love between couples…all while making them look like magazine models in every picture, now that is TALENT! We were blessed because not only was he able to do our engagement photos, but we got to meet him up and do them in Colorado. From the get go, he was quick to communicate via email/text. He even sent me picture ideas for outfits that would fit with the locations, as well as what the areas we might be in look like so I can pack accordingly. It felt a little crazy meeting a guy we’ve never met in a different state, but Jason is truly such a nice and trustworthy person and his constant communication made me feel like I’ve known him for years; plus, he is a RN so how much safer can you feel on top of a mountain. We met up with Jason in Boulder, CO and walked around to find spots. Every few steps when Jason would see an interesting spot or good lighting, he would stop us and direct our poses and angles, which definitely helped a perfectionist like me relax and trust him and now that we have our engagement photos I’m so glad I did. The fact that he took the time to position us and use unique photography techniques to get us to look our best made such a lasting impression. I cannot thank him enough for giving us the most incredible engagement photos I have ever dreamed of! Photographs are the most important part of any wedding, and if you want THE BEST, go with Jason. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram and you’ll see why! :)

Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 11
    Jason Smelser Photography, LLC 12

Samantha · Married on 10/28/2017

Honestly, I don't think I could write a review to praise Jason as much as he deserves. He was so amazing and very easy to work with. We first worked with Jason for our engagement pictures at Hamilton Pool, and even though the place was packed with visitors, he made the process seem like a breeze and was very accommodating. Our engagement pictures came out AMAZING! I thought he couldn't impress us any more than that because we were so in awe, but he then totally out did himself at our wedding. We have only received a few teasers since our wedding was only 2 days ago, but we are already receiving so many compliments about our pictures! They are so beautiful! And again, he made it seem so effortless. We are so excited to see the rest of our wedding photos! I definitely recommend Jason to anyone who is looking to hire a photographer for their engagement and/or wedding photos. It was one of our best decisions for the wedding!

Award

Jason Smelser Photography, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

• Loose Ends Event Design
    Loose Ends Event Design Wedding Planners

What a creative full of ideas! Loose Ends loved working with this team. <3

• Storyteller Photography
    Storyteller Photography Wedding Photographers

Highly creative professional, Jason is very down to earth, easy to work with, and the quality of his work reflects his personality! Highly recommended!