Grand Rapids, MI 49506 Map · Phone number

About Ideal Events & Design

Ideal Events & Design is an event planning studio based in Grand Rapids. We focus on creating a wedding that reflects your ideal style and your story as a couple. Let us take care of the decor, planning, and details so you can enjoy your celebration!

Follow Ideal Events & Design on

Ideal Events & Design 2
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 07/21/2018

Wedding Coordinator

Rebecca is AMAZING! We hired her for our wedding as a coordinator to help us plan our GR wedding from Arizona. I cannot recommend her enough. She made everything run flawlessly. We had a fairly large wedding and I can be a little Type-A personality but she made my wedding a dream come true. It was such a relief to a control freak me to not have to worry about a single detail the day of my wedding. Our families, bridal party and guests all commented about how amazing she was. She was also the only person who could figure out how to bustle my 12-button bustle dress.
    (photo credit- Abbey Moore photography)

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Ideal Events & Design 3
    Ideal Events & Design 4

Carly · Married on 10/07/2017

When I first told my parents that I would be spending a small portion of our wedding budget on a wedding coordinator, my mom was skeptical. By the time the Monday of wedding week rolled around and the answer to all of the "who takes care of XYZ..?" questions was "Rebecca" she quickly changed her mind and told me she felt the money we spent for Rebecca's help was the best investment of the entire wedding. I used Rebecca and her team for the "Week Of" Coordination package and it was absolutely the best decision I made about the wedding. Although she was hired for the week of, she was available to me by email for all of my design questions, vendor suggestions, etc. for the year+ that we spent planning our best day ever. After working closely enough with Rebecca that I can now call her a friend, it was so easy to leave things to her and her team. I spoke with many event coordinators before ultimately choosing Ideal Events & Design because our initial phone conversation felt more like I was gushing about my wedding vision to a good friend than a total stranger. She was just as excited as me about my wedding ideas and often gave me the push I needed to follow through on some of the more difficult-to-carry-out ones, promising to help see them through on the day. I loved working with Rebecca and I'll be recommending her to all my friends getting married in the area!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Jeannie · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I hired Ideal Events & Designs for full planning services for our late September wedding this year. Immediately upon meeting Rebecca, I had the sense that I could trust her with the vision, style, and execution of our special day, and man, was I right! We chose Grand Rapids for a destination wedding, and therefore needed assistance with figuring out basically every detail of our wedding. Rebecca is connected to (and helped to build, it seems) a community of event and design vendors who collaborated effortlessly and coordinated services for our multi-venue wedding. She suggested vendors who we could trust and who knew how to deliver with our style in mind. She helped to keep us on track which is no easy feat, considering my husband and I work in the disaster response industry and are regularly deployed. Because of the devastating hurricane season this year, not only were we deployed until a few days before the wedding, we also hemorrhaged guests who are work colleagues. This made our numbers topsy turvy, but you’d never know that from Rebecca! She exudes an “I’ve got this” attitude that is believable.. and true! In addition to being extraordinarily capable, Rebecca is warm, joyful, and thoughtful. She sent little gifts throughout the planning process like a relaxation kit, and was genuinely interested in us as people. My brother got divorced 7 months into being engaged and Rebecca didn’t even ask about how that might affect the wedding (it did, of course); she asked about how I felt and how they were doing. Knowing that my husband and I have demanding careers, she regularly checked in just to see how we were doing and thank us for our service. She also regularly gave great restaurant recommendations when we’d come into town for planning weekends! Bottom line - If you’re a busy bride not knowing where to start and you’re reading this, hire Ideal Events and Design. Shave your flowers or liquor budgets, and make room for this investment in YOURSELF.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Ideal Events & Design FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,800.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,900.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 6,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 75.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Andrew Atkins Photography
    Andrew Atkins Photography Wedding Videographers

Best in the business. Easy to work with, fun to hang out with.

• B & W Charters
    B & W Charters Wedding Limos

Thanks Rebecca!!! Its always nice to work with you as well. She always sends the nicest thank you cards after the event. Definitely one of the best event planners to work with in this area. Thanks again.

• Grand Rapids, 49506 See on map