I Do…Weddings and Events is a wedding planning service based in San Diego, California. This company was founded by Melissa Barrad in 2003 who works alongside a team of four dedicated event planners and designers. Melissa has coordinated all manner of celebrations, including an exciting trip to Africa. She has also appeared on television to discuss wedding trends. Together with her team, she wants to help you plan your once-in-a-lifetime celebration, no matter the size. With great organizational skills and attention to detail, this team will help you throughout the entire process to create your dream wedding or event.

I Do… Weddings and Events offer event coordination services alongside floral design, helping you to personalize your venue. Melissa and her team offer full-service and partial planning, to suit the level of support you want when organizing your big day. You can also avail of a custom-built package the features whatever services you need. Some of these include:

• Budget analysis
  • Event design
  • Guest-list management
  • Vendor referrals
  • To-do list and timeline creation
  • Day-of coordination
  • Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned
illustration popular

Vendors you may like

See other vendors that are popular with couples right now

Frequently asked questions

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,100

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$3,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Full Planning
Partial Planning

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

98% Recommended by couples

D
Debra D. Sent on 11/03/2023

Melissa is Wonder Woman!

I reached out to Melissa to coordinate day-of activities for my daughter's wedding, which was being held 3,000 miles away from where I live. I knew from the first time I spoke with her that she was professional, experienced and kind. And I was right! She did a fantastic job juggling 7 different vendors--everything was absolutely perfect! I give her my highest recommendation!
Anton
Anton W. Sent on 11/19/2023

Seamless Wedding Execution

We worked with Melissa and Sam at I Do Weddings and Events for the event execution package. They were truly wonderful to work with and ensured that our day went off without a hitch!!

While we took on a lot of planning ourselves and also had a hands-on venue coordinator, we knew that we needed a coordinator to help us with the final vendor coordination and to run the show on the day of the wedding. As soon as we talked with Melissa on the phone, we knew that she was a great fit for us. Melissa has the calmness and confidence that only comes with years of experience. Melissa seems to know every venue and vendor in San Diego.

Melissa helped us in the months leading up to our wedding with random questions that we had and jumped into action about a month out to ensure that the seating chart, schedule, vendor contracts, etc. were all finalized and aligned.

Sam and her assistant coordinated for us on the day of the wedding and did an incredible job. Sam is professional, calm, and friendly. She handled a few minor incidents on the big day - a vendor running late, unexpected rain, etc. - with grace so that we didn't have to worry at all. She was attentive to us and always on hand with a fresh drink once the reception kicked off.

If we had needed more extensive planning services, we definitely would have looked to hire Melissa and team and are confident that they're the best at what they do.
Rachel
Rachel W. Sent on 11/23/2023

Two words: Hire Melissa!

Where do I begin?! Hiring Melissa to coordinate our wedding at Scripps Seaside Forum was the best vendor decision we made. We got the month-of coordination which included unlimited communication throughout the planning process, and it was so helpful as we were planning to know she was just an email away if we had any questions. Once we hit a month before the wedding, she was truly a godsend. Every single vendor we hired said "oh, Melissa is your coordinator? You're so lucky." Her reputation speaks volumes and on the day of the wedding, everything was perfect. At the rehearsal we stuffed her car to the brim with our personal items, and she put my family and wedding party all at ease. Everything was so seamless. My bouquet fell apart in the middle of photos and she put it back together with ease. She crafted a boutonniere from bridesmaid bouquets when one was lost. I'm sure there's thousands of other things that went wrong that I didn't even see or notice because she was just that good. I could go on and on forever, but the point is Melissa made our day perfect and I am forever grateful!!!!!
illustration stars

19 photos · 11/17/2018
David & Brett
22 photos · 10/31/2016

Dexter Lo Photography Dexter Lo Photography Wedding Photographers

The team of San Diego wedding planners at "I Do... Weddings" is absolutely fantastic! I've photographed multiple weddings and worked with all three coordinators (Melissa, Rachel, and Lindsay) and couldn't be more delighted with the experiences. They are very efficient, knowledgable, and calm under pressure. Best of all, they are extremely likable, and that is a big selling point for brides and grooms who want to be stress-free on their wedding day and want their guests to enjoy themselves to the fullest.

Reams Photo Reams Photo Wedding Photographers

Melissa and her team are great! We really enjoyed working with her- she is calm, professional, and gets things done! Plus, she's super easy to be around. Such a friendly, relaxed presence!

The Creative Music DJ Inc. The Creative Music DJ Inc. Wedding DJs

I've DJ'd weddings for many of Melissa's clients, and it is always a great time working with her and her staff. Besides being organized and able to adapt to changes easily, she treats the vendors she's working with with respect, understands our needs, and helps us to be able to be able to provide the best service for our mutual clients. That's what it's all about, right?

Other vendors in San Diego for your wedding