6920 Miramar Rd Suite 312, San Diego, CA 92121 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 10

About The Creative Music DJ Inc.

San Diego DJ Dennis "Dennis J" Jones, owner of The Creative Music DJ, has been entertaining crowds since he was in his teens. He currently holds the position as the local President of the American Disc Jockey Association in San Diego (ADJA), which he attained in 2012. His unique style of enthusiastic down-to-earth emceeing combined with turntable talent and an extensive knowledge of music has helped to position him on the forefront of event industry professionals who dare to stretch the boundaries outside of the 'typical reception'. From live first-dance mashup performances to high-end computerized professional lighting, video montages, and mind-blowing wedding monograms, Dennis is the choice for clients that range from those that just want to make sure their DJ can smoothly handle their event and impress their guests while playing great music, to those that want to incorporate 'out of the box' ideas and need someone with the creativity, knowledge, and skill to pull it off successfully.

Please check the reviews and decide if you want to have the same thoughts and feelings after your special day!

Preferred vendor of WeddingWire, The Knot, 10 News, and many professional vendors in San Diego.

Licensed and Insured.

Couple dancing
SheratonDJUplightinganddancefloorlighting
SheratonHarborIslandWeddingMonogram

• Videos 2

44 Reviews for The Creative Music DJ Inc.

The Creative Music DJ Inc. 1
The Creative Music DJ Inc. 2
The Creative Music DJ Inc. 3

alexis · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I knew that the best way to bring our families together for our wedding day was through music and dance. My husband's family loves country and pop music. My family likes Spanish and Persian music. We both like reggae. It was an impossible mix to put together... But DJ Dennis Jones did an amazing job!!! Everyone at our wedding loved the music and the variety! Dennis was easy to contact and communicate with; our meetings were very useful; we meet on Skype initially and then in person the days before the wedding; he was very friendly and fun to work with; his knowledge of his profession completely influenced our wedding; he must have spent hours putting together these different styles of music for it to come out and transition so smoothly. Our wedding planner suggested Dennis and it was definitely the best wedding decision we made. The cost was very affordable and the value of the service he provided was beyond our expectations. All of our guest raved about the how fun the music and dancing was all night. The dancing and music was what really brought our wedding together. Thank you so much Dennis! We appreciate all the work you did for our wedding and truly it was an unforgettable night!

Kelly · Married on 10/28/2017

Dennis kept the dance floor packed all night! If you want great music, fun times, and a well choreographed celebration, then hire the Creative Music DJ! Dennis was very thorough, knowledgeable, and had great music selections. We weren't sure the exact type of music we wanted for our wedding, and Dennis walked us through having different playlists for each part of the day. His music selection was absolutely perfect and he was able to read the room and play the right songs all night. We had a total blast at our wedding and Dennis provided bespoke, personalized playlists. He was very flexible, responsive, and fun to work with. He even helped us edit specific songs for our first dances to make them just right. We greatly appreciate the personalized service that Dennis provided. We highly recommend Dennis for any of your music needs.

Sent on 11/26/2017

The Creative Music DJ Inc.'s reply:

Aww, thank you for this wonderful review, Kelly and Kevin!

A few more details for anyone reading this: They had their wedding at Coasterra-- A great venue located on Harbor Island in San Diego. As mentioned, they really just trusted me to play good tunes and keep that floor full. I believe their request list consisted of 6 songs, and most were 'if it works'.

One of the things they mentioned is something I've started doing a lot with my clients-- During our final meeting, I'll edit songs right there in front of my couples. I've developed so much experience at song editing that I can perform modifications at a rapid speed, and I've discovered that people love to watch me do it. It benefits both of us... They can provide input while I edit, and I don't end up making multiple versions because they can guide me towards their vision, saving time on both of our parts.

I won't make this a super-long response, but if you want to get a great idea of how awesome this wedding was, I posted a Youtube video showing their last dance. Well, actually showing the song we played after their last dance occurred, people started chanting 'one more song!' and I got permission from the venue (staff is great to work with there!) to play one more tune. So, this is technically the song after their planned 'last dance', but I guess I can still call it the 'last dance' because it really was!

The dance floor of their new last dance was so packed that people were dancing off to the sides of it. That's how a wedding should end, right? Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzaZGNPJzT0&list=FLCy_Gwu4H8pAl4EhQ65TDIg

Kristina · Married on 09/09/2017

Dennis should get 1,000 stars! Our dance floor was packed all night. We kept getting comments from guests saying how they have never seen a DJ at a wedding work a room as good as he did. We're so lucky to have found Dennis Jones. He is clearly passionate about his work and is very articulate and detailed throughout the planning process which I really appreciated. And he was super nice and easy to work with. Look no further, this is your guy.

The Creative Music DJ Inc. FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding lighting? $ 100.00
  • Which of the following does starting price include? Dance Floor Lighting
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding lighting package? $ 600.00
  • Which of the following does your most popular wedding package include? Dance Floor Lighting, Pinspotting, Uplighting
  • What lighting services do you provide? Accent, Audiovisuals, Dance Floor Lighting, Monograms, Outdoor, Pinspotting, Uplighting, Wall Wash
  • What decor services do you provide? Delivery, Event Design, Setup, Venue Selection
  • What decor items are available? Signage
  • What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 150.00
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• I Do...Weddings & Events
    I Do...Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Dennis has a really impressive knowledge of music, and is quite wonderful to work with!!

• Rachel Wattson Photography
    Rachel Wattson Photography Wedding Photographers

I have known Dennis for years and have worked weddings as well as other events. He is the real deal! His talent for the turn tables is incredible as well as his infallible people skills. He really gets a feel for the crowd and can keep the party going. Honestly, he is my golden standard when it comes to DJ's and MC's. His extras are sure to please: uplighting, cake lighting, video montages, ceremony music, and the list goes on. Dennis is one of the best!

• Rachel Wattson Photography
    Rachel Wattson Photography Wedding Photographers

I have known Dennis for years now and worked with him at weddings and other functions. This guy is the real deal. I love how excited he gets about his work. I can tell you that I hold him as the golden standard when it comes to DJs. He works the turn tables like a pro and knows how to keep the party moving. I can't say enough about his company! The up lighting, music, video montages... the list goes on. To sum it up: AMAZING!

• 6920 Miramar Rd, Suite 312 San Diego, 92121 See on map