2430 de la vina st., Santa Barbara, CA 93105 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 44
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 5

About Head & Heart Photography by Kiel Rucker

Head & Heart Photography is a locally focused, exclusive membership photography collective created with the purpose of finding the most talented and motivated local photographers, and connecting them with couples and clients looking to book a photographer whose work and personality they can be confident in.

Each member photographer has gone through an application process that consists of a detailed online questionnaire requiring information about their experience, skills, goals and more, an in-person interview with me (Kiel Rucker), and (when opportunity permits) shooting with me on one of my weddings or projects. I do not invite a photographer to be a part of Head & Heart unless I am confident in their talent, personality, experience and their potential to grow as individuals and photographers. Can’t wait to show you what we can do!

Head & Heart Member Photographers are invited to apply based on the culmination of my 10+ year of experience and knowledge gained about both sides of the photographer/client relationship, boiled down into an experience that offers talented photographers opportunities to demonstrate and hone their craft while offering clients the best photography experience possible from initial inquiry to the the delivery of their final images.

Experience
Kiel Rucker has been a professional wedding photographer for eight years in Santa Barbara. He has captured weddings on some of the most stunning and notorious venues in the world, including The Ritz Carlton, The Four Seasons Biltmore and San Ysidro Ranch.

• Additional hours

Videos 3 Videos

89 Reviews for Head & Heart Photography by Kiel Rucker

• Tom

Tom Abraham · Getting married on 10/04/2021

Couldn't have had a better experience....

I had the pleasure of working with Braydon on my proposal. To give you a little background, my fiance and I were taking a week long trip along the PCH in California with an eventual stop in Santa Barbara where I had decided to propose. Being from the East Coast, I had no idea what to expect and how to plan a proposal without ever going to Santa Barbara in advance. Just through a few phone calls Braydon helped pick out the perfect location and timing to make sure the photos and proposal worked out perfectly. He put me at ease knowing how confident he was in his recommendations. The photos came out beautifully, he kept himself far enough away to give us our moment and still take great photos, and then ran up right in time to get beautiful photos of the proposal. He was so easygoing and relaxed and made the post-proposal shoot fun. We haven't stopped receiving compliments on our photos. Braydon exceeded my expectations in every way.

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Nyomi

Nyomi Knievel · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Nothing short of extraordinary!

What an experience, I'm not sure where to start!

Head & Heart Photography by Kiel Rucker is nothing short of extraordinary. I say this for many reasons...he is super friendly, enthusiastic, and genuine and his work is simply wonderful. He cares about your ideas and vision and can bridge your vision with his style. But at the end of the day, you really don't need to do anything other than show up, have fun, listen to his direction and trust his vision.

Head & Heart photos are gorgeous and even when we felt like maybe we didn't do the best job modeling, there were plenty of photos to show that Kiel knew exactly how to capture us when least expected to get the best photos. I also like that Head & Heart has a more editorial approach - basically your photo will look like something right out of a magazine. That's exactly what we wanted and that's what was delivered.

Our team was no doubt the dream team and one thing I really admired about everyone including Kiel was that he and others were very respectful of one another and our planner. I feel that is super important especially if there a new people working together. I also feel like it's our responsibility as the client to do the same to make their jobs easier. This results in a win for everyone and it certainly did for us!

I could write an endless review but I want to be sure it's brief enough to be read in its entirety. Thank you Head & Heart Photography for giving us a wonderful experience and producing such beautiful timeless, stunning photos.

Sent on 08/16/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Head & Heart Photography by Kiel Rucker Pricing

Head & Heart Photography by Kiel Rucker Price Rates

Head & Heart Photography by Kiel Rucker FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 650
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Save the Date
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4000
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Prints
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Second Shooter
    Video
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Matted Prints
    Prints

Real Weddings

View more weddings

• ella & louie Wedding Florists

I am always so happy to see Kiel Rucker on the list for my weddings. First of all, he's personable and lovely to work with in all settings. Second, I know I'll see some gorgeous photos after all is said and done. Those images live on long after the day's excitement is over and I keep coming back to them again and again. Kiel is always on my list of recommendations when couples are looking for a talented photographer for engagement photos, elopements and weddings.

• Wingett Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Kiel is one of the best photographer's I've worked with! Wonderful and very easy going...you're in great hands with him!

• Black Bear Inn Hotel Weddings

Kiel is an excellent photographer, and a great vendor. He is organized, timely, professional, and responsive to client needs. His work is beautiful - some of the best I've seen over the years. We actually used one of his photos as a one-page ad in a wedding magazine. I highly recommend Kiel for any special occasion.

• 2430 de la vina st. Santa Barbara, CA, 93105 See on map
    805-324-6780 (Phone number)
    Monday-Friday | 10:00 - 5:00
    Location of (Head & Heart Photography by Kiel Rucker)