Santa Barbara Historical Museum

Santa Barbara, CA View map

Evoke the romance of early Spanish California by hosting an event on the grounds of the Santa Barbara Historical Museum. This cultural landmark is located in the heart of Santa Barbara's historic district. Enjoy the ambience of two private, interconnected courtyards distinguished by native and exotic landscaping and accented with splashing fountains.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$6,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$4,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$4,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$2,500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Set Up

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Art Gallery
Historic Building
Museum

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Outside Vendors
Preferred Vendors Only
Wifi

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
December

• Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful SB venue

Beautiful venue, our guests all couldn’t stop talking about how pretty it was. We loved the grounds and that we could have both our ceremony and reception in one convenient location. Parking is also very convenient. Couple issues—right now there is no permanent event coordinator. The girl that is running is seems spread pretty thin and I felt like there was very minimal communication and support leading up to my wedding day. Also, they sent an email saying they had to install these plastic balls in the main fountain but that the fountain would be running on the day of the event. In my opinion, the balls are ugly and take away from the charm of the venue. And on the day of our event the fountain was not running until I asked my wedding planner to tell the on site coordinator to turn it on (this was at 8pm our event started at 4pm). After the wedding, I received a bill that a vendor stayed late so when I asked my coordinator about it she said that the on site person was very strict on making sure our caterers cleaned meticulously to the point she felt they were cleaning up things unrelated to our event. I’m hoping the issues I encountered will be resolved when there is a more permanent event manager because I did love our venue. Also note that you have to bring in EVERYTHING when you book the museum—and for lighting you can only you BVD. They are great but add an immediate 2-3k to your cost for just lights.

*photos by Kaylee Chelsea Photography
    John Married on 07/29/2017
    My wife and I had our wedding reception here in July. It is the perfect venue for any event and the people are incredibly helpful and accommodating. There are sections to the courtyard that we used which made the event feel even bigger than it was. The sun went down and lights went on. Everything looked awesome. Would recommend to everyone.
  • Y
    Yatzie Married on 09/04/2016
    Such a beautiful venue! The Santa Barbara Historical Museum was everything I could have imagined on our special day.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

20 photos · 07/24/2021
  • Rachel & Francis
    230 photos · 04/28/2018

KB Events KB Events Wedding Planners

Tie historical Santa Barbara into your big day by hosting your wedding at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum. It is a beautifully location conveniently located downtown and you are able to paint the canvas with your personalized wedding vision.

Santa Barbara Bride Wedding Hair and Makeup Santa Barbara Bride Wedding Hair and Makeup Wedding Hair & Makeup

Such a great venue for a romantic wedding, beautiful outdoor landscaping, with that old Santa Barbara architecture and feel. Love this place!

The Vegetarian Gourmet The Vegetarian Gourmet Wedding Caterers

I have had the pleasure, on several occasions, to cater events at this magical venue. The staff were helpful and easy to work with, the venue embodies that special Santa Barbara spirit, and I highly recommend this spot for your special occasion. Margaret Riesen Owner -- The Vegetarian Gourmet catering www.vegetariangourmetcatering.com

136 E. De la Guerra Street Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
Location of (Santa Barbara Historical Museum)

Other vendors in Santa Barbara for your wedding